Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:15:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy discussions on Howard Stern Show
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy discussions on Howard Stern Show  (Read 2899 times)
yioryo
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: January 05, 2009, 03:20:18 PM »

From 1st December 2008.
Goes for about 13 mins.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k79vcl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:17:53 PM »

Nice work, thanks for that.  Do you have the phone interview between Howard and Axl from the History of Howard Stern Act II from last week?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
yioryo
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 09:14:21 PM »

I uploaded it twice in the past. One with a Howard Stern collection of all GnR related interviews and once by itself.
Do a search and if you cannot find it then PM and I'll send it to you
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 09:23:38 PM »

I remember you putting the Stern/GNR stuff up before.  I downloaded and enjoyed that as well.  But the interview I heard last week from the History of Howard Stern Act II was completely new to me.  Howard called Axl at his hotel room unexpectedly and talked to him for like 10 minutes.  It was the first time they ever spoke because Howard asked Axl if he had ever heard of him.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
yioryo
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 11:47:24 PM »

OK. Give me a week or so and I'll send it to you

thanks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 06:36:52 AM »

Alright sounds good.  No rush.

Also, just for clarification, in that clip of the Chinese Democracy discussion Artie claims he met Buckethead, he didn't.  It was Bumblefoot who was at his  recent book signing in New Jersey.  There was footage of Ron introducing himself and congratulating Artie on Howard TV.  So unless BOTH guys went to an Artie Lange book signing, he was mistaken. 

yioryo
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 09:33:42 AM »

Oh now way cool!
Is that the Artie book tour special. I haven't gone round to seeing it yet
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 11:05:26 PM »

Artie's book, "Too Fat To Fish" debuted at #1 on the NY Times Best Seller list.  The week it came out he went to a bunch of different locations to do a book signing (LA, NY, NJ).  Ron, for some reason or another was at the NJ signing.  Surprised the heck out of me.  He must be a fan of the Stern show, or Artie in general.  Maybe one day he could be a guest on the show.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 06:21:02 AM »

Howard acted like an idiot on that segment.  He's under the impression CD cost $30 million to make.  He samples each song for about 10 seconds with Robin downing them in the background.  They didn't even get passed the silly intro on Better before skipping to CITR.

Seemed they just wanted to bury the record.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 02:03:45 AM »

Howard acted like an idiot on that segment.  He's under the impression CD cost $30 million to make.  He samples each song for about 10 seconds with Robin downing them in the background.  They didn't even get passed the silly intro on Better before skipping to CITR.

Seemed they just wanted to bury the record.
Not really.  Howard just wasn't going to listen to large snippets of any song.  He doesn't for any album unless the artist/group is actually ON the show.  They played "The Day That Never Comes" by Metallica when it came out and talked over it while it was on in the background.  Howard said, it sounded good, and you get the point.  The following day listeners e-mailed about how harsh Robin was for no reason and Howard completely agreed.  Robin may have bashed it, without real reason, but Howard didn't.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: