Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:48:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  could this rescue rock and roll
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: could this rescue rock and roll  (Read 10058 times)
kapowster
« on: June 23, 2003, 12:01:07 PM »

I am not starting this thread to make it a set me free vs madagascar / chinese democracy / om my god or a guns n' roses vs velvet revolver so let's get that clear. I just heard set me free (also downloaded money) and I couldn't help but feeling that this is a pure rock and roll song...... it's simple but it just rocks. With all the bands out there like linkin park, limp bizkit, staind blablablablabla this new band sounds fucking cool (and yes scott weiland IMO is a truly amazing vocalist who will fit in very well..... at least until he goes in rehab again). It's no nonsense rock and not the shit that's real popular today and I hope that this will bring back the music that many of us love so much. I'm still waiting for what axl is gonna do with CD but I have to give credit where credit is due and slash and co are looking pretty good and they sound even better! If there is a band that's gonna show the world what rock is all about than these are your guys!!!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 12:14:41 PM »

I think GNR could lead the Rock troops back to the frontline. Between GNR, Metallica, and VR, I think some good fuckin Rock has a chance to break on through again.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 12:27:39 PM »

Should this thread be on the VR board and not the gnr board?
VR will not save rock, if its anyone is will Gnr.
VR will never sell out arenas, do you really think they could sell out MSG, boston, philly or any of those large media markets?
I dont think so.
Gnr sold out quite a few arenas and that was with no promotion or album anywhere in site.
If VR was to play one MSG show in a few months it would not sell it out.
VR will be like audioslave.
They will be a decent band but will be only to sell out clubs and small theaters.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
AxlsPiano
Rocker

Rock N Roll Will Return

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 12:31:57 PM »

VR will never sell out arenas, do you really think they could sell out MSG, boston, philly or any of those large media markets?
I dont think so.
Gnr sold out quite a few arenas and that was with no promotion or album anywhere in site.
They will be a decent band but will be only to sell out clubs and small theaters.

Do you study ticket sales or something? I don't see how you can know this much about how VR will do.
notlikeMiKE
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 12:33:32 PM »

I don't think you can judge anything from one song and a cover, you can't say how great they will be but you also can't say they will never play out of small venues either. Only time can tell...

'In the end I stand alone, I would kill for company'

www.rocktopusmusic.com
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 12:42:09 PM »

Look at what audio slave is doing.
They are big, but cant sell out arenas.
Just clubs and theathers.
But you will see on their first tour.
They  wont be playing places like msg and the fleet center.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 01:06:44 PM »

Dave, Guns n' Roses wont save rock. The band that will save rock is probably rehearsing in some garage right now [smoking]
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 01:26:05 PM »

you should listen to the new staind album, so u won't put them on that list....it kicks ass! and i really hated this band!!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 01:32:38 PM »

Dave, Guns n' Roses wont save rock. The band that will save rock is probably rehearsing in some garage right now [smoking]

My point was the new gnr are more likely to save rock than VR.

its_so_easy
Rocker

axl rose is back!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2003, 01:35:56 PM »

I dont think so.

GNR sold out a few arenas? hmm i wonder why that is.....

Good fuckin night
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2003, 01:44:49 PM »

you should listen to the new staind album, so u won't put them on that list....it kicks ass! and i really hated this band!!

Staind on the same page as any of those three bands is quite a laugh really...

Mmm Aaron Lewis compared to Axl, Weiland or Hetfield?

Axlhogg
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2003, 01:46:29 PM »

Anything is possible with VR and Gnr. I'm wondering if any stp fans like VR that could bring in more fans for VR. The thing with new gnr trying to save rock is that society cares more about the image than the music. I couldn't  believe people were bitching how Axl look and other members didn't fit in. There is alot of new music that is good today in my opion. The thing is that the music business is one these trends plus looking back you did 24 hour videos and good radio stations that supported  bands. Until a band breaks the trend I would suggest to open to something new or listen to old bands .

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
nevermore
Headliner

Verg I Veum / Varg I Veum

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2003, 04:22:03 PM »

Rock N' Roll doesn't need saving. I just think thsi album (Chinese Democacy) could change evrything.
 Fact is that whenever Rock becomes boring and repetative and just basically sux there's always someone that comes along to give it a big kick in the ass. That is pretty rare, but i have a lot of confidence it can happen here.
 About VR worst casse scenario is it's gonna be a very good rock band. I wouldn't bet my money on just that.... It's not only rock n' roll... Slash has never been only about rock n' roll... It's true art and incredible self expression...
 Hail to the Gunners!

WECOMEFROMTHELANDOFTHEICEANDSNOW/From the midnight sun,where the hot springs blow/The hammer of the gods/Will drive their ships to new lands/To fight the horde, singing and crying:/ WALHALLA IM coming
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2003, 01:00:28 PM »

VR could quite easily become bigger than GN'R, since they will draw fans from both the GN'R side and the STP side, plus new fans.
and yes, I think VR would sell out the same venues that GN'R sold out on the last tour, if they had an album out. and don't say anything about that GN'R didn't need an album to sell out those stadiums, cos GN'R already have 6 cd's, GN'R would sell out those places no matter who's in the band, just because of the GN'R name...VR are a blank sheet, they have to do everything from the start, make all new songs, promote the band so people will know of them. while 85% of what GN'R played were old hits, and people already know there's a band named GN'R.
it would be exacly the same if Slash and the guys had the GN'R name and Axl had another band name. Axl would have to be the one starting with a completely blank page, while Slash and the guys would be selling out places like MSG.
a lot of the reason they sold out those stadiums was because of the old members, cos I bet most of the people that went didn't know it was only Axl with a brand new band
they were probably hoping to see 2/3 of the members of VR as well.

I hope some of this gets through to the people always bitching about GN'R being a more known band than VR, and will sell more tickets right now....no shit! of course they will! it's an 18 year old band, VR are only about 6 months old....

bottom line is that GN'R only sold out those venues because of the GN'R name, and you can thank whoever you want from the original lineup for the name, and the old songs.
so you see, the old members played a LARGE role in GN'R selling out a few stadiums in 2002.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 01:11:52 PM by Shannon Farrell » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
coolbuddy
Rocker

patience is all you need....

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2003, 02:31:02 PM »

I don't know why axl bashers ever come to this site , they should do their bitching at VR message board ....

Anyway , VR and the new gnr lineup's CD (I still believe that it's going to come out sometime soon) sure are going to rock and hopefully put real rock back on top which we have missed since the advent of nirvana and later on , neo - rock which suck bigtime

I do have a wild fantasy tough...

May 24th, 2004 : VR and Guns n' ROses rocked the MSG, this was their second concert of their joint tour and they have promised their fans that there is lots more to come...
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2003, 03:36:20 PM »

May 24th, 2004 : VR and Guns n' ROses rocked the MSG, this was their second concert of their joint tour and they have promised their fans that there is lots more to come...

well you got that right Smiley. I'm in dave with this one, although I can't be sure and I hope that I'm wrong. it just seems that VR is going to be a good decent rock band with a few hits but nothing more. Axl has given us madacascar, the blues and chinese democracy which are great songs. Almost and could be hits. Don't know if the songs have some Izzys, slashs ideas..but still great songs.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2003, 09:29:24 PM »

I think both albums are gonna be great, assuming they come out..

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2003, 09:08:31 AM »

I think both albums are gonna be great, assuming they come out..

That's what I'm really hoping for! I hope both camps will succeed, so like everyone hopes.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2004, 09:08:25 PM »

I dont think so.

Well, here it is less than one year after this post. It is looking like VR can sell out anyplace they want. They did small clubs in the US in order to get in touch with the fans and to feel their emotion. Now they are in Europe, and when they return to the US they will sell out larger venues. I actually prefer smaller places because the atmosphere is better...but,

As a person who actually saw VR live (1st row) I can say that VR is on fire and will go as far as they want. They connect with the audience and don't have the arrogance  that "we're too cool" for you. Plus, they actually show up and put out new music.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 06:56:46 PM »

I dont think GN'R will save rock n' roll they'll be known as the big guns are back and badder then ever you know what I mean but they'll play a big factor though

EEEERRRR Little boy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: