Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 10:33:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  HTGTH 2009 Nascar Yahoo Fantasy League
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH 2009 Nascar Yahoo Fantasy League  (Read 60994 times)
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009, 05:39:05 PM »

I sure wish Junior could learn how to hit his pit stall

Axl is God.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2009, 05:47:11 PM »

Dale Jr. just caused the big one of the day.  Lips Sealed

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »

Yes he did, haha, but at least Busch has no chance now Smiley

Axl is God.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 05:53:37 PM »

Yes he did, haha, but at least Busch has no chance now Smiley

As much as I'm glad Kyle has no chance now, Dale Jr. took out a lot of drivers because of his own frustration. He missed his pit box earlier in the race and in the previous caution he had his front right tire on his pit box line which caused his penalty. Just not good driving all around on Dale Jr.'s part today.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2009, 06:07:53 PM »

You're right, if it was any other driver, I'd be pissed, Junior was in the wrong there of course, but he's also my favorite driver, so I really don't give a shit Smiley

Axl is God.
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2009, 06:50:32 PM »

Damn rain Sad

Axl is God.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2009, 07:40:45 PM »

Fuck NASCAR.

Fuck FOX.

And fuck Tom Cruise.

If they had started the race at an earlier time, we would have gotten the full race in.  Instead, we had to watch Nicole Kidman's current husband perform some weak songs, watch a moronic cartoon featuring Digger, and just sit through the nonsense that is the Hollywood Hotel.

I remember the 500 used to have a green flag time of 1ET/10P.  The race didn't start until 12:30 here on the west coast if I remember correctly.

As I have been saying for a year, Dale Earnhardt Jr, the son of the late, great, Dale Earnhardt, is an idiot.

How do you miss your pit box when there is no one around you?  I did not see one pink pit sign on pit road.  And his second mistake, why the hell would he turn to the right when he was perfectly in his pit box?  I would have preferred if he had his whole right rear sticking out, it sure beats being penalized a lap.

Congrats to Kenseth, he'll take it anyway he can, but I hate it when races end under the red flag.  I think the Daytona 500 should be completed no matter what.
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2009, 08:05:56 PM »

Fuck NASCAR.

Fuck FOX.

And fuck Tom Cruise.

If they had started the race at an earlier time, we would have gotten the full race in.  Instead, we had to watch Nicole Kidman's current husband perform some weak songs, watch a moronic cartoon featuring Digger, and just sit through the nonsense that is the Hollywood Hotel.

I remember the 500 used to have a green flag time of 1ET/10P.  The race didn't start until 12:30 here on the west coast if I remember correctly.

As I have been saying for a year, Dale Earnhardt Jr, the son of the late, great, Dale Earnhardt, is an idiot.

How do you miss your pit box when there is no one around you?  I did not see one pink pit sign on pit road.  And his second mistake, why the hell would he turn to the right when he was perfectly in his pit box?  I would have preferred if he had his whole right rear sticking out, it sure beats being penalized a lap.

Congrats to Kenseth, he'll take it anyway he can, but I hate it when races end under the red flag.  I think the Daytona 500 should be completed no matter what.

I think every race should be completed no matter what, if for no other reason just to give the ticketholders their money worth. Races ain't cheap, and since only Oprah controls the weather, then Nascar should damn well finish a race.

Axl is God.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2009, 08:31:26 PM »

Fuck NASCAR.

Fuck FOX.

And fuck Tom Cruise.

I think every race should be completed no matter what, if for no other reason just to give the ticketholders their money worth. Races ain't cheap, and since only Oprah controls the weather, then Nascar should damn well finish a race.

NASCAR is a poorly run organization.  Fans are starting to realize that.  Expect to see a LOT of empty seats this year.  The racing will still be terrible.

Tomorrow's forecast calls for partly cloudy skies.  I wouldn't mind spending some of my President's Day watching the end of the 500.  This is the biggest race of the year and it should not end this way.

I want to start a site criticizing NASCAR and their poor decision making.  But Brian France would probably have his secret officials take me away in the middle of the night.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2009, 09:12:02 PM »

You're right, if it was any other driver, I'd be pissed, Junior was in the wrong there of course, but he's also my favorite driver, so I really don't give a shit Smiley

Dale's my favorite driver, too.  I know he's not the best driver in the world, probably not even top 5, but he's MY driver.  Everything that happened today was Dale's fault.  If he hadn't missed his pit, he wouldn't have restarted in 35th and had to drive so hard to get back to the front.  He was making a lot of risky moves even at that point and was probably really frustrated.  Then 2nd pit miscue, lap down, and fighting for the lucky dog.  Yes, he had a run...but when he went to blend back in after going below the yellow line, he shouldn't have swiped Vickers.  I don't think he did it intentionally, but he's going to lose even more respect in the garage for crap like this.  I could care less what fans think, but he has to race every week with these guys.  I really dislike Kyle Busch and don't really care that he was taken out, but there were others that deserve better.  And I know...it's just part of racing.  I just hate it when my guy messes up.  I remember (think it was 'dega) last year I thought Dale caused a couple of big wrecks because he was trying to make something happen.  He just needs to start THINKING more.  This is the freaking first race of the season.  Doesn't bode well for us Dale fans if he's already started out this way.  He's got to get his head in the race. 

I'm not a kool aid fan of his that thinks he can do no wrong.  Can you tell?  I just call 'em like I see them.  I'd really like to see him have a fantastic season so he can hold his head up high and be proud of what he's accomplished. 

I like Kenseth so I'm glad he won.  Plus, it's nice that Rousch finally got a Daytona 500 win after all these years.  At least you know that Kenseth is going to be contending later in the season unlike Ryan Newman last year. 

Ohhh...I decided not to join the fantasy league.  I just simply don't think I'd be any good at it so why make the effort?  lol
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2009, 09:19:09 PM »

Yeah a lot of Junior's fans think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

He is my driver, always will be.  But sometimes I think that five year old child who went on a joyride can drive better than old June Bug can.

I loved seeing him making those crazy moves after his first penalty, that's the Junior I remember watching earlier this decade.  It's almost as if he doesn't care.

Since his 6 win campaign in 2004, he has only won 3 races.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 07:18:40 AM »

Dale Jr. is my favorite driver but that won't stop me from criticizing him when he makes mistakes like he did at Daytona. Vickers is another one of those drivers like Kyle Busch I do not like. But in saying that, Dale Jr. was completely in the wrong and NASCAR should have parked him for the rest of the race.

Congrats to Matt Kenseth on his win. He's always seemed to be a good guy. Only problem is, he drives an "F" car!

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »

Well, I think most of us agree that the race at Fontana isn't ever all that exciting.  It seems that this race is even MORE boring than usual.  Maybe it's just because Dale hasn't been a factor at all.  I do admit that when he's not doing well, the race seems to lack something for me. 

Wow...Dale just gave Tony a compliment on the radio!  I wonder if the press will report that since the fighting on the radio was such a big story last year.  ha!

If Dale isn't able to improve his position, he's going to go a lap down soon.  Sad

I don't know if I'll be able to watch this whole race.  Where's the rain when you really want it?  Smiley
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »

Well, 2 in a row for Kenseth. 

Drew, I don't have a problem with those "F" drivers.  lol  It's strange that I even pull for Chevy drivers since I've never owned a Chevy.  Like I said, it's not about manufacturer for me.  It's more about the driver personality, I guess.

After last year's no win for either of them, it's nice to see Kenseth and Gordon start off the season so strong.  I actually enjoyed the last of the race.  Kept wondering if Gordon had enough left to catch Kenseth. 

Wonder what was different for Mark Martin and Dale?  Even before both had engine trouble they weren't running nearly as well as Gordon and Johnson.   Gordon and Johnson ran strong all night.  I know set-ups are vastly different just because of the way the guys like a different feel in the car.  Still, last year Dale was the one that did well at the start of the season while Jimmie and Jeff struggled.  (except for Cali where Dale wrecked)  I hope that the season turns around for my favorite driver.  Did y'all see the interview Dale did with Waltrip? 

Well, I'm off.  Y'all have a good night. 
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2009, 02:40:04 AM »

Well, 2 in a row for Kenseth. 

Drew, I don't have a problem with those "F" drivers.  lol  It's strange that I even pull for Chevy drivers since I've never owned a Chevy.  Like I said, it's not about manufacturer for me.  It's more about the driver personality, I guess.

After last year's no win for either of them, it's nice to see Kenseth and Gordon start off the season so strong.  I actually enjoyed the last of the race.  Kept wondering if Gordon had enough left to catch Kenseth. 

Wonder what was different for Mark Martin and Dale?  Even before both had engine trouble they weren't running nearly as well as Gordon and Johnson.   Gordon and Johnson ran strong all night.  I know set-ups are vastly different just because of the way the guys like a different feel in the car.  Still, last year Dale was the one that did well at the start of the season while Jimmie and Jeff struggled.  (except for Cali where Dale wrecked)  I hope that the season turns around for my favorite driver.  Did y'all see the interview Dale did with Waltrip? 

Well, I'm off.  Y'all have a good night. 

I'll tell you why Jr. and Martin had problems while Gordon and Johnson didn't.

The 5 and 88 are in a separate shop from the 24 and 48.

And I thought the racing was halfway decent for a place like Fontana.  I was hoping Gordon would win.

Besides the Roush cars and one Wood Bro car, there aren't any other "F" drivers.  Haha.
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2009, 03:17:19 PM »

I was extremlely bored with Fontana. Oh well, Hopefully Vegas will be different, but I can't wait to be there, one hell of a party. After Fonatans race though, if I do go to another race this fall, it will be Phoenix for sure.

Axl is God.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2009, 08:49:02 PM »

Not a good day at all for Dale Jr. He was showing improvement charging up thru the field but it was over for him once his engine gave out.

Did anyone see Angie Harmon pumping her fist in the air several laps into the race after she waived the green flag?  drool

Hey Sukie, I missed the Dale Jr./Darryl Waltrip interview. I saw the promo for it and heard Waltrip talk about it but during qualifying I think it was, but I missed it though.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2009, 07:47:53 AM »

Dale Jr. will be racing the #5 car today in the Grand National race in Las Vegas.

He'll start 31st in the Cup race Sunday.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2009, 03:09:36 PM »

I don't have high hopes for him.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2009, 04:37:04 PM »

I don't have high hopes for him.

Well hopefully he'll surprise up today or tomorrow.  yes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: