Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:28:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  HTGTH 2009 Nascar Yahoo Fantasy League
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH 2009 Nascar Yahoo Fantasy League  (Read 61195 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2009, 07:00:17 PM »

I don't have high hopes for him.

Well hopefully he'll surprise up today or tomorrow.  yes

If he wins, I'll delete my account.

*everyone on HTGTH suddenly becomes a Dale Jr. fan  hihi*
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2009, 12:58:45 AM »

One day down...good race, i have great seats, can't wait for tomorrow.

Axl is God.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2009, 07:28:26 AM »

If he wins, I'll delete my account.

*everyone on HTGTH suddenly becomes a Dale Jr. fan  hihi*

He finished in fifth place Saturday which was nice to see. All the wrecks were wreaking  havoc on the Cup guys though. I was so mad when Jeff Burton lost control of his car right in front of Kevin Harvick and wrecked both of them. Kevin definitely had one of the best cars all day long too. And look what happens, another "F" car wins.  rant

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2009, 09:36:09 AM »

Smith calls on NASCAR to move season-ending race

I have to agree with this idea. Homestead just doesn't have any glamour to be the host of the last race of the NASCAR season. This race has never been any good in my opinion. I think they should definitely pick another track to end the season at. Maybe have a different finishing track every year. I also think the last race should be a night race as well.

Any comments or opinions?

This week we're in Atlanta. Dale Jr. qualified 20th for Sunday's race. Mark Martin won the pole.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2009, 01:33:24 PM »

They should move it to Fontana!

rofl

Hmmmm...it would have to be an ISC track.  Gosh, other than Daytona and Talladega, ISC tracks stink!

Give it back to Atlanta!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2009, 01:49:01 PM »

They should move it to Fontana!

rofl

Hmmmm...it would have to be an ISC track.  Gosh, other than Daytona and Talladega, ISC tracks stink!

Give it back to Atlanta!

Tracks that would seem fitting to host the final race of the year would be Atlanta, Charlotte, Texas, and Las Vegas. The race would just have to be a night race on a Saturday night. I like where the Daytona and Talledega races are scheduled now, so I wouldn't want to change their dates.

axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2009, 02:56:25 PM »

I say Las Vegas for two reasons...

1. I live here

2. Las Vegas is a destination for the fans...they come here for a week, they got tons of other things to do besides going to the race. As much as I would love to go to other races, WTF would I do in Talledega besides the race? Daytona'a a great place to visit also.

And speaking of Fontana, it boggles my mind why theres two races there, year after year its all empty seats. Although since they have a chase race this year that may help things in the fall, but I doubt it.

Axl is God.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »

I say Las Vegas for two reasons...

1. I live here

2. Las Vegas is a destination for the fans...they come here for a week, they got tons of other things to do besides going to the race. As much as I would love to go to other races, WTF would I do in Talledega besides the race? Daytona'a a great place to visit also.

And speaking of Fontana, it boggles my mind why theres two races there, year after year its all empty seats. Although since they have a chase race this year that may help things in the fall, but I doubt it.

I don't think the drivers would be too fond to end the season on a restrictor plate race. That's why I chose tracks like Atlanta or Charlotte. It doesn't have anything to do that there's nothing else to do in Talladega. If that were the case, Talladega wouldn't have a race, much less two races every year. Fans come to Talladega twice a year every year also you know, even with nothing else to do.

I completely agree with you regarding Fontana. And I don't think having a race in 'The Chase' is going to make a bit of difference in selling tickets.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2009, 11:00:52 PM »

I don't give a fuck about "destinations" and fans having things to do.  They are probably there for the race for the most part.  Give me a fucking exciting track in the middle of nowhere over gambling, entertainment, and fine dining.

Wait, that was the NASCAR schedule until Bri-Bri went on his retarded power trip.

There is not a better destination than the infield at Talladega, I tell you what.

They should repave Atlanta and let them have the finale again.  I haven't been able to think of another track that can handle it better.

Unless they want to do something wild and expand Darlington and allow them to have the finale.  That would be off the charts!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2009, 07:55:06 AM »

There is not a better destination than the infield at Talladega, I tell you what.

They should repave Atlanta and let them have the finale again.  I haven't been able to think of another track that can handle it better.

Unless they want to do something wild and expand Darlington and allow them to have the finale.  That would be off the charts!

The problem I see if Talladega was the final race of the season lies among the drivers. I think there would be a lot of discontent among them to end a Championship chase on such a wild, on the edge of your seat, anything can happen type race track. One false move and that could mean the end of a drivers chase for the Championship. Don't get me wrong, I think the fans would absolutely love it! And another thing, as I said previously I would love to see the final race on a Saturday night. Talladega would have to install lights at the track which I think would be a fantastic move. Can you imagine, a Talledega night race! WOW!

love

Darlington would be another cool idea to host the final race of the season. Just think if Bristol had the final race of The Chase.  Grin

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2009, 06:48:42 PM »

I wasn't saying that Talladega should have the last race.  You explained it perfectly.

I was just saying that if you're a real race fan and not some "party-animal", you wouldn't really care where the race was.

Another stupid Busch victory.

I was hoping Jeff would have been able to chase him down, though he's looking mighty good with two second-place finishes already.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2009, 05:45:50 AM »

We're four races into the season now and still no win for a Chevrolet! Now with an off weekend ahead and than on to Bristol. I was happy to see my drivers Dale Jr. with a decent 11th place finish, Kevin Harvick finishing 4th, and Jeff Burton finishing 14th. It's also nice to see Jeff Gordon with the points lead. He's started off this season really good so far.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2009, 08:00:31 PM »

Finally a win for Chevrolet in Martinsville yesterday! Congrats to Jimmie Johnson! Great to see Dale Jr., Kevin Harvick, Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, and Mark Martin with good finishes.

Congrats to Kevin Harvick winning the truck race today.  ok

axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2009, 08:39:48 PM »

We finally got a somewhat entertaining race too. Last week Bristol was boring as shit. Hopefully it keeps up.

Axl is God.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2009, 10:42:48 PM »

We finally got a somewhat entertaining race too. Last week Bristol was boring as shit. Hopefully it keeps up.

They need to tear that place up and turn it into an asphalt track, or go back to a uniform banking in the corners.

Martinsville > Bristol
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2009, 04:21:37 PM »

They need to tear that place up and turn it into an asphalt track, or go back to a uniform banking in the corners.

Martinsville > Bristol

I have to agree and say there was a lot more action and racing at Martinsville than at the Bristol race.

axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2009, 03:22:42 PM »

NASCAR Awards to be moved to Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS -- Las Vegas has booked another major sports event, bumping New York off the track and seizing control of the annual NASCAR Sprint Cup awards banquet.

New York has hosted the year-ending event for the past 27 years, but the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority confirmed a deal was in place Friday.

The move further solidifies the city?s reputation as a race town, this weekend the Las Vegas Motor Speedway hosts the annual NHRA SummitRacing.com Nationals event. Driver Kyle Busch, a Durango High School graduate, has a fervent fan following in southern Nevada.

Sweet.

Axl is God.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »

Better Las Vegas rather than New York Shitty!  ok

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2009, 07:03:05 PM »

Fuck NASCAR.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2009, 07:02:52 AM »

Dale Jr. will be racing in both the Grand National and Cup races this weekend at Texas.  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: