Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 11:12:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75411 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 01:22:05 PM »

Yeah but u are assuming everyone that buys a ticket reads message forums and are hardcore fans.

No I'm not.

I'm assuming the ones who post complaints on GN'R message boards read the message boards and know the deal.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »

Agree with MeanBone. U make all those people stay home and GNR will become a festival only band.

I know it is their thing, but people waiting till midnight to see a band and saying they have no right to complain is ridiculous.

If a show starts at 8pm, taking the stage 2 hours after the first opening band... people have a right to bitch. At least have a bunch of opening bands play up until u are ready to play.

2 hours of standing around doing nothing sucks.

Then stay home, it's real simple.

Yeah but u are assuming everyone that buys a ticket reads message forums and are hardcore fans. I'd say 50 percent of any audience are somewhat casual while the other 50 are hardcore.

For me, if they want to play at 2am that is fine. I just don't like sitting and doing nothing while waiting. why not just start the show later or add another opening band to bridge the time?

People know Gn'R go on late, this isn't some obscure "hardcore fan only knowledge."

If you don't like having 2 free hours, go to a bar, have a late dinner, make some friends.

Lots of peolple can't even dream of affording a ticket, and you're going to whine about having 2 hours to kill?

U people just drive me crazy on here. What do u want, GNR to play Rocklohama? FUCK if they lose anymore fans in the US that is what its gonna be.

Playing at midnight was cool in the early 90's but now u got shit like the internet where people know what's goin on. People don't do shit like they use to.

we live in a microwave society where people want things fast and now. People don't like waiting that long and it is heavily reflected in the ticket sales.

I know if GNR came close to me on a weekday and I have an 8 A.M. clinical... u are right, I will stay at home and that sucks.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 01:23:07 PM »

Yeah but u are assuming everyone that buys a ticket reads message forums and are hardcore fans.

No I'm not.

I'm assuming the ones who post complaints on GN'R message boards read the message boards and know the deal.

/jarmo

True, If u know and go and still complain, that is pretty retarded.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »

we live in a microwave society where people want things fast and now. People don't like waiting that long and it is heavily reflected in the ticket sales.

Those people need to realize that they can't always get what they want....

You want rock n' roll, but you want it nicely packaged.

You want rebellion, but you want it on time.

It's impossible!

I know if GNR came close to me on a weekday and I have an 8 A.M. clinical... u are right, I will stay at home and that sucks.

That's your choice.

I know people who went to a GN'R show, then drove five hours home only to go straight to work....

We still talk about that today.  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 01:29:21 PM »

Agree with MeanBone. U make all those people stay home and GNR will become a festival only band.

I know it is their thing, but people waiting till midnight to see a band and saying they have no right to complain is ridiculous.

If a show starts at 8pm, taking the stage 2 hours after the first opening band... people have a right to bitch. At least have a bunch of opening bands play up until u are ready to play.

Yeah but u are assuming everyone that buys a ticket reads message forums and are hardcore fans. I'd say 50 percent of any audience are somewhat casual while the other 50 are hardcore.

For me, if they want to play at 2am that is fine. I just don't like sitting and doing nothing while waiting. why not just start the show later or add another opening band to bridge the time?

People know Gn'R go on late, this isn't some obscure "hardcore fan only knowledge."

If you don't like having 2 free hours, go to a bar, have a late dinner, make some friends.

Lots of peolple can't even dream of affording a ticket, and you're going to whine about having 2 hours to kill?

U people just drive me crazy on here. What do u want, GNR to play Rocklohama? FUCK if they lose anymore fans in the US that is what its gonna be.

Playing at midnight was cool in the early 90's but now u got shit like the internet where people know what's goin on. People don't do shit like they use to.

I've had the privilige to see Gn'R 7 times. The only time people made a big deal out of the band coming on late was at Inland Invasion; a show where a large percentage of the people attending weren't even huge Gn'R fans to begin with..

Nonetheless, the place was still packed for all 7 shows, so I don't know where your getting your "poor ticket sales" propaganda from, nor do I really care.

This isn't Bon Jovi. This is Guns N' Roses..a rock band. If you can't handle staying out past your bed time, stay home.

I'd much rather someone who actually wanted to be there have the chance to buy your ticket.

If Gn'R come close to me on a weekday, me and my Dad will be there work and school the next day or not ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 01:37:06 PM »

Sorry the late starts SUCK!! Especially when you rely on public transportation , ie MSG N' Hammerstein, to get back home..
But the shows have been incredible
As for the ste list, Perhaps 1 "future" song..Unfamilurlarity takes often takes away from a performance..A great example is Rhiad..Always liked it, but after listening to the official version for so long I put in the Vegas bootleg..It now sounds great..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 01:38:36 PM »

^
not to be a hater or anything, but GNR don't exactly come close to selling out in the US, so I wouldn't be stealing anyone's ticket.

Once I get my job, SURE, I would, but in the school phase etc... I just wouldn't be able to do it and risk screwing my future up.

Also,I am not sure people care about  rock n roll anymore. They want a show like a movie, start on time, play the songs I love and see you next time.

I am not saying those people are right, but that is how things are today right or wrong.

I honestly don't think the ticket sales in the US ever had anything to do with a new band or any of that. I think it was more due to this and the bad rap Axl has gotten of not showing up.

Lets say u have a limited budget. would u risk hundreds of dollars on gas,tickets,hotel, food etc and then something like Vancouver or Philly happen?

So I say a lot of people don't go for that reason.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 01:45:34 PM »

Lets say u have a limited budget. would u risk hundreds of dollars on gas,tickets,hotel, food etc and then something like Vancouver or Philly happen?

Well, when we didn't even get into the Warfield until like 10:00 the first night, things were looking bleak, but thankfully the show went on Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 01:46:27 PM »

What's weird is that all the shows I saw from Guns in 2006 (3 of them), GN'R really weren't late. Back in the *cough* old days, we waited hours for GN'R to get on stage.

I saw only one show that year - my first GNR gig ever - and they were about 2 hours late. I was pretty sure beforehand that the timetables would not stick..  Grin
And it was such a great gig that in the end it did not matter. I even moved my summer holiday to that week so that I was able to go. So if there's a will there's a way..

Who says that that is what you have to do ? Personally I would be very interested in getting to know other fans - face to face - and what's a better place than GNR  consert ?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 01:57:52 PM by H76 » Logged

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 01:48:30 PM »

Those people need to realize that they can't always get what they want....

You want rock n' roll, but you want it nicely packaged.

You want rebellion, but you want it on time.

It's impossible!

That's your choice.

I know people who went to a GN'R show, then drove five hours home only to go straight to work....

We still talk about that today.  Grin

/jarmo

How is it impossible to have a punctual show of rock n roll rebellion?

I have been to hundreds of concerts and most tend to start near the announced time.  Are these bands lesser rebels because they own watches and respect their fans?  I don't think the 2 are mutually exclusive.

For me, a GnR show through the week would be a tough call.  I have a wife and 1 year old boy.  Responsibilities tend to put an end to late week night carousing.  Axl need to realize that his fan base has gotten older and we can't stay out until 3 am on a Tuesday.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 01:50:01 PM »

Who gives a shit its GnR ! man they could go on at 2am and i'll be pushing my way up to the front waiting for Robin to play the opening notes of WTTJ.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 01:51:31 PM »

I wouldn't worry about Axl coming on late. We have that covered this year. See we are going to steal Axl's watch while he is sleeping and turn the dials two hours ahead. So this way Axl will think it's 2:00am in the morning and he'll be ready to play but it will really be 12:00am  rofl
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »

"There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!"

GN'R fans fighting themselves now "deciding" who is allowed to get in and not?
let me guess one of the next ideas: everyone with a Slash Tshirt is not wanted there and needs to be beat up!

come on......its up to everybody himself if he wants to attend an Axl show or not, this is nothing anyone has any right to judge!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 02:09:40 PM »

The only ones who should complain about late starts is the band themselves.  I think it may have been more of an issue between band members back in UYI days because the majority of the venues have union labor and the overtime fees you have to pay are pretty steep.  Now that Axl has more of the overall %, I'm sure it's just something he decides to pay for.  I'd guess most of the musicians now are contracted and salaried vs. in the UYI days when it was more of a partnership between Axl, Slash, Duff.  That's where the legality of things must have been just mind-boggling given the fact they were raking in boatloads of money.

All and all it's their money, do what you want with it.  I'd rather see any band when they are totally ready to bring it.  If you're bored between sets, at least now you have ipods.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 02:11:28 PM by Layflats » Logged

Chicago 11/15/11
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 02:17:14 PM »

I have been to hundreds of concerts and most tend to start near the announced time.  Are these bands lesser rebels because they own watches and respect their fans?  I don't think the 2 are mutually exclusive.

I was under the impression that the whole idea behind rock n' roll was to do things your way...

I'm sure those bands are all very professional, but sometimes you get the feeling they're just up there doing a job without a lot of emotion going into it.

I'm not saying they don't love playing their music in front of an audience. But when everything is kinda scripted in advance like that, you are bound to lose something.

Like any other job. You do it because you have to. Not always because you want to.

Or, the thing that happened to all the other shows might happen!

You get to see a concert you'll never forget.

Which happens to be the more likely scenario.

/jarmo

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »

I was under the impression that the whole idea behind rock n' roll was to do things your way...

I'm sure those bands are all very professional, but sometimes you get the feeling they're just up there doing a job without a lot of emotion going into it.

I'm not saying they don't love playing their music in front of an audience. But when everything is kinda scripted in advance like that, you are bound to lose something.

Like any other job. You do it because you have to. Not always because you want to.

Or, the thing that happened to all the other shows might happen!

You get to see a concert you'll never forget.

Which happens to be the more likely scenario.

/jarmo

If Axl did things MY way he'd be on time and playing a show in my backyard Grin

Scripted?  Lose something?  You mean like KISS?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 02:39:06 PM »

Scripted?  Lose something?  You mean like KISS?

I mean every artist who sees going on stage as just a job.

Sure, the audiences loves it. They get their show. They get to sing and dance and be home well before midnight. So their ordinary life isn't interrupted too much.

And then when something authentic comes along, they don't know how to react other than bitch that it's not like everything else. That their night was ruined because they didn't get home in time. They had to pay for babysitting and whatever else.

It seems like people want the unexpected to happen, they want to be surprised. And at the same time they love to know the routine, have something safe and predictable.

You want to hear the hits, but you love it when they play something totally unexpected.

You want to be home by midnight, but you love a three hour marathon show...

You want the show to start at 9PM, but you love the electricity and excitement not knowing if the band will be on at 9:30 or 10:30.

/jarmo

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2009, 02:45:26 PM »

You get that spark with some veteran bands but for the most part if you want the unexpected then you need to see a young band that is still hungery and wants to make a name for themselves.

I saw My Morning Jacket this summer and they still have that hunger and the show seemed like a 3 hour orgasm for them.  I also saw Radiohead and it was a great show but the spark was not there as far as energy goes.

So I know what you're saying but if a band is on show number 123 of the tour it makes it difficult for anyone to not just go through the motions and put autopilot on.
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2009, 03:14:37 PM »

I like the late starts - as people get tired and have to piss - I move closer to the front of the pit.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »

what's not simple is that they stay home go on line and complain about the shows they don't see. Undecided

as far as I know those who actually saw the band tend to boast about the interval they had as if some adventure.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: