Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 11:07:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NCAA College Basketball
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCAA College Basketball  (Read 45730 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2009, 05:25:32 AM »

I think he is saying as a whole the PAC10 are pretty weak

outside of UCLA and Normally Arizona *not lately though* and sometimes Washington

pac 10 isn't what u would call a powerhouse especially compared to the big east

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2009, 06:12:32 AM »

I'm still up!

SIX overtimes!  Damn!

Big credit to 'Cuse for that tenacity.

Big East is the real deal.  That was a game!

It was entertaining, that's for sure.

But, from a "quality of play" standpoint, as a game, it SUCKED IMHO.  By that I mean:

-Both teams offense was so incredibly terrible for the first 34 minutes of regulation. 
-The officiating was TERRIBLE on both sides of the ball.  Carries, "football" style run out blocks that weren't called, muggings that weren't called with tic tacs called 30 seconds later.  HORRIBLE.  The only upside is that it didn't really effect the outcome.
-For most of the game, the shooting from the charity stripe was atrocious.  Syracuse picked it up, and, ultimately, that was why THEY won and UCONN lost (AJ Price could have sealed a victory at least twice for UCONN).

Again, it was amazingly entertaining.  The fact the 'cuse managed a win considering they didn't hold a lead through the first 5 OT's, and after having played the night before, was unreal.  They LITERALLY outlasted UCONN.  By OT #6, they weren't playing UCONN at all, really, and they still had a couple guys (Flynn, especially) who hadn't fouled out. 

I'm fucking EXHAUSTED this morning....I can only imagine how Syracuse feels.  What could they POSSIBLY have left in the tank for tonight?  Guess we'll see around 9 PM.

Now, with Pitt losing, Uconn losing, AND Oklahoma losing....I suspect the two "early losses" might NOT have cost them their #1 seeds.  Almost for sure on Pitt's part, IMHO.  Uconn??  I don't know....possibly.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 06:20:45 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2009, 04:20:02 PM »

Wow!  Greatest game ever as a Cuse fan!  Syracuse will get past WV...Louisville's gonna take it all though in the Big East final...but I sure hope SU can gut it out!   Smiley

I told you I was sensing upset!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2009, 04:34:47 PM »

I am very worried about Villanova though. They are tough

I came a hair this morning of betting a few hundred dollars on LSU against Kentucky. the line was just 1.5!!

I didn't though and damn it, I would've won!!!!!!!!!!!

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2009, 04:46:51 PM »

Yeah that game last night was an instant classic, but it only became one because of the last few seconds of regulation and the 6 OT's.  Obviously that adds up to a lot, but before that it was a pretty sloppy game on both sides.  Both teams played their hearts out though.  The Orange have got the Huskies number at MSG lately.  I'm amazed that UConn over the years always looks lost against that 2-3 zone.  It's like they've never seen it before.  I guess it just takes the right cast of characters to play well against it, and outside of the 03/04 team I can't remember them ever handling it well.  Pretty awful night for UConn from the line and handling the ball.  The turnovers killed them.  I'm afraid that now they're just another team that could either win it all or get bounced in the 2nd round of the tourney.  That loss of Dyson was even larger than I could've imagined.  Craig Austrie continues his awful to non-existant play.  I don't think they necessarily hurt their chances at a #1 seed last night/this morning, especially with Oklahoma and Kansas losing.  At this point I'd say they're the 4th 1 seed and should be shipped out West.  I just don't feel all that confident in their chances.  Hopefully they can prove me wrong.

I'd have to imagine West Virginia will advance to the finals.  Syracuse may come out hot and play off of pure emotion and adrenaline.  But the fatigue has to catch up with them eventually.  They'll basically be playing their 4th game in 3 days, not an easy thing to do.  Nova/Louisville should be a good one and I'd think the winner of that will win it all.  L'ville has a shot at a #1 seed in either the East or South if they win the title.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »

I am very worried about Villanova though. They are tough

As am I.  We barely beat them the first time and they've gotten better since then.  They'll be gunning to score the upset for sure.

If we step it up and beat them though, that'll up our chances of getting a #1 seed.  Lunardi feels just making it to the last game should be enough.  Winning it would lock it in for sure.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2009, 09:18:15 PM »

Cards down Nova!  On to the finals!

Good luck to WV and Cuse in a few mins.  This will be interesting.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2009, 09:48:28 PM »

What a tale of two halves

looked like shit in the first half down 8, came back and just blew them off the court in the 2nd half.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2009, 01:24:02 AM »

Cuse does it again!

The stage is set.

Louisville -vs- Syracuse for the Big East Tournament Championship.

How much gas do the Orange have left?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2009, 01:43:10 AM »

I admire Syracuse for what they've done, but something tells me, with our press............. those minutes are gonna catch up to 'cuse

I almost bet Syracuse get eliminated in the first round of the NCAA tourney. heavy legs are a bitch

Check out Pitino's half time speech

this is why the dude is my hero:

Rick Pitino was speechless for the first time all year.

The smooth-talking Louisville coach stood in the locker room at halftime Friday night and was beginning to wonder where his team had gone, the one that had won eight straight games and had so emphatically captured the regular-season Big East title.

?I don?t recognize any of you. I don?t know who you are,? Pitino told his guys. ?That?s not Earl Clark, that?s not Terrence Williams, that?s not Jerry Smith. I don?t know who you guys are. Everything we?ve done to become a good basketball team you totally changed in a 20-minute half.?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 03:41:00 AM by D » Logged

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2009, 05:07:07 AM »

The man definitely knows how to motivate.  He's the master of it.

I agree.  I don't want to go out on a limb and predict a Louisville victory -- but with our press, trapping, and constant ball harassment a team has to have fresh legs to have a chance.  I don't care what Jay Bilas says -- Cuse's legs will be half worn at tip off.  For them to win, I believe the Cards will have to play a horrible game full of bad shots which don't fall (can't set up the press if you can't make shots).  WV played a lot of zone which kept the Orange into it.  Huggins is a great coach but why he thought a zone would be effective against a team that can shoot like Syracuse is beyond me.  Should've pressed frequently and played more man.  Our pressure will be relentless.  Cuse's endurance will be put to the ultimate test.

It will be very interesting.  I hope to see a good game regardless.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2009, 05:10:54 PM »

My heart says 'cuse, my head's saying Louisville.
I don't know how much more drama I can take!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »

More excitement!!!  My undergraduate alma mater is in the Big Dance for the first time ever!!!  We were Division 3 back when I went to school there...congrats to the Binghamton Bearcats!!!  Way back when, we were D-3 and called the Colonials, not the Bearcats.  Cool stuff.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2009, 12:12:43 AM »

U could see Syracuse's legs go tonight in the 2nd half.

As runners Prez, we know that once u stop and cool down, it gets hard to rev that shit back up

I think if there was no Half time, Syracuse may have won that game.

Number 1 seed we should have, and I think this is a great chance for a title just due to the way we play defense.

Having one of the greatest defenses in basketball allows you to win even when the shots aren't falling. Hopefully everyone can get hot in the tourney.

I fear Syracuse may exit early in the NCAA tourney. they are probably still gonna be shot. I'll probably have them out in the 2nd round in my bracket.

that Jonny Flynn though. What a class act that  kid is.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2009, 04:11:16 AM »

Big credit to Cuse for hanging in there and getting hot in the 1st half.  They definitely displayed some tenacity in this tournament.  After they get some rest and regroup, they'll be primed to make a run in the big dance.

Congrats to our Cards for winning both Big East titles.  This should lock them in for a #1 seed for sure.  It'll be their first since 1983.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2009, 10:47:17 AM »

Not too fast D, just wait until we see where Syracuse is seeded and who they'll be facing.  I'm guessing a 4 seed at best, 5 seed at the worst...we'll see.

Congrats to Louisville...good luck in the Big Dance!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2009, 06:31:28 PM »

My Terps are dancing!!!!!!

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2009, 07:29:57 PM »

Louisville earns the #1 overall seed.  I am a little surprised given UNC's popularity in the media.  But, it is what it is.

Congrats to the Cards for a well-played season and a great finish as well as the Big East for being the first conference to put three #1 seeds in the dance.

It was also nice to see Syracuse get a 3 coming off that great conference tournament performance.

All in all, Big East got it done this year.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2009, 08:04:28 PM »

Louisville's in the best conference hands down.  Overall #1 is well-deserved.

The Orange will down Stephen F. Austin...and then I'm thinking Temple over some weak-ass Pac-10 team (Kayoss, that was for you  hihi), and then we'd have most likely Oklahoma in the Sweet 16...or Clemson.  I think Syracuse has a good shot at making it to the Elite 8, definitely Sweet 16.

Poor Binghamton has to play Duke in Greensboro.   crying

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2009, 08:09:24 PM »

I'm thinking Temple over some weak-ass Pac-10 team (Kayoss, that was for you  hihi)

Me?

I've shot on Memphis for playing a weak schedule and thinking they deserve a 1 seed, but I don't think I put any heat on Arizona St did I?

Huh

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: