Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:41:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228014 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NCAA College Basketball
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCAA College Basketball  (Read 45725 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 03:49:29 PM »

should be an awesome game!

Bet u 2k dollars they show the picture of Rick Pitino when he got hired by Jim Boeheim.

Rick cut his honey moon short to join his staff.

guarantee they mention that and show the photo!

I won't bet you because I agree!   hihi  I'm looking forward to seeing Earl Clark...form what I've read he's a Lottery pick after this season.  May the best team win.  beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 08:47:49 PM »

should be an awesome game!

Bet u 2k dollars they show the picture of Rick Pitino when he got hired by Jim Boeheim.

Rick cut his honey moon short to join his staff.

guarantee they mention that and show the photo!

I won't bet you because I agree!   hihi  I'm looking forward to seeing Earl Clark...form what I've read he's a Lottery pick after this season.  May the best team win.  beer

If u haven't seen Louisville, u are in for a treat

Our Defense is tenacious. Wait till u see Andre McGee *number 33* and Preston Knowles *2* play man to man defense. they are absolutely inside the other players shorts. it is crazy

Earl Clark is phenomenal, hopefully he stays for his senior season. Samardo Samuels is a freshman sensation in the middle and next year with a little more experience finishing, will be tough.

and then mr everything T-Will Terrance Williams. This guy flat out does it all. u will see him have like 18pts 12 rebounds 6 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks

he fills up the stat sheet.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 10:16:17 PM »

Big win for UConn tonight, breaking Notre Dame's lengthy home winning streak.  I wasn't really expecting a victory tonight, but I'll certainly take it.  ND is on a bit of a slide of late.  They need to correct things soon before it gets out of control.  The Big East takes no pity.  Harangody was a beast for them AGAIN tonight but McAlarney was cold as ice after hitting his first three 3's.  My only complaint for UConn was they were real stagnant on offense in the first half, settling for 3's against the ND zone.  And Thabeet could have the worst hands in college basketball on offense.  He was getting stripped, fumbling passes, he was just awful.  He got a little better in the 2nd half though, the offense got a lot better, and the defense was awesome.  Great win for the Huskies.  They should get consideration for #1, not saying they're the best team in the nation, there's still a long way to go.  But Duke will probably get it by default.  Duke has been overrated for years and this year is no different.  I hope Wake bounces back and beats them next week.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 10:33:59 PM »

The thing with ND is, as good as their shooters are, they give up points cause they can't really guard anybody either.

My Kentucky team are quietly 16-4 with a good win over Alabama tonight.

should get a top 25 nod Monday

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 11:38:48 PM »

Yeah Notre Dame lacks athletes.  They have a real good 1-2 inside/outside punch but neither are very athletic.  UConn took full advantage of that tonight.  SEC is seriously down this year, no ranked teams last time I checked.  Kentucky the last few years though has seemed to amp it down the stretch.  Still plenty of time to spare.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 05:17:17 AM »

UCLA doesn't look like they will be back in the Final Four this year.  Undecided
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 01:59:48 PM »

Louisville's goin' down tomorrow!  Just had to let ya know ahead of time.  Go Orange!  beer

peace

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 08:07:52 PM »

Louisville...the better team today was definitely Louisville.  Rautins going down with an injury hurt a lot.  Why on earth Jonny Flynn stopped penetrating as much late in the game had me confused.  After Devendorf's 3 with about 6 minutes left to put us up, I thought we were on our way.  Louisville hit some big 3's and had a lot of easy shots down low...lots of 2nd chances off of offensive boards.

SU needs Rautins healthy to have a shot.  He had a bad shooting day, but he's normally amazing.  Oh well.  Sad

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 01:12:27 AM »

Great effort on both sides of the ball.

This is what the Big East is all about.  I'm so stoked Louisville finally got out of C-USA in 2005-06.  These are the types of battles we like to see.

Props to the Orange for a great game.  Maybe we'll see you again in the conference tournament.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 07:15:33 PM »

Great effort on both sides of the ball.

This is what the Big East is all about.  I'm so stoked Louisville finally got out of C-USA in 2005-06.  These are the types of battles we like to see.

Props to the Orange for a great game.  Maybe we'll see you again in the conference tournament.

Lord Kayoss, props for your class!  With you and D behind them, I'll root them on now...as long as they aren't playing SU!

I'm kinda glad you guys got to see SU play.  Devendord's a bad-ass...yeah, he apparently smacked a chick with an open hand, that's not cool, but on the court he's a "wtf was that?" or a "holy shit, that took some balls!"  We need Rautins as a consistent 3-point shooter healthy, and Onuaku needs to shoot better than 20% from the free throw line in the Big East.  Sad

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 09:03:08 PM »

The great thing about that win was it was AT Syracuse. Big win on the road for UL.

I do like Jim Boeheim and always have. I was really rooting for him when he got his Championship.

What I admire about Rick Pitino is how he really cares about his players. He had a player for 2 years named Derrick Caracter who had all the talent but NO character. Rick tried everything in the world to get him on track and finally washed his hands of him this year.

He had him on a diet and weekly weigh ins, he had a curfew.

He broke the rules and Rick sent him home. On his way though, Rick handed him a piece of paper... It was a Subway application. That was his way of telling him to shape up or prepare to work minimum wage the rest of your life.

it worked for a little while but he was just a bust.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 10:25:29 PM »

I was thrilled when Rick Pitino took over the Celtics in 1998.  I thought he would turn the franchise around and lead them back to greatness.  Boy was I wrong.  He was an AWFUL pro talent evaluator and couldn't build a winner to save his life.  He handed out a huge contract to Travis Knight of all people while cutting capable players such as David Wesley and Rick Fox along the way.  In his defense he took over the team after they won like 15 games the year before and they lost the draft lottery which would've netted them Tim Duncan.  Instead they drafted Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer, the supposed backcourt of the future.  Neither lasted very long, both traded prematurely, especially Billups.  Trader Rick was god awful running an NBA team.  Some guys are just better off in the college game.  Maybe that's why I've picked against Louisville for so many years come tourney time.  I hold a grudge against the guy.  I tend to forget though, the guy's a damn good college coach.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 04:09:28 AM »

With Duke losing tonight the table is set for UofL to get the opportunity to beat another #1 when UConn comes here this Monday, assuming the Cards get by West Virginia this weekend and UConn handles Providence.  Neither games are gimmies, but both are winnable.

Big East back in the #1 spot!

Axl4Prez2004,

Thanks Bro.  I love the game of college basketball.  I respect all it's teams, and all fans who are respectful to me.

Thank you for your class as well.

beer

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 05:51:22 AM »

You guys make me sick.  Grin
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 07:28:11 AM »

With Duke losing tonight the table is set for UofL to get the opportunity to beat another #1 when UConn comes here this Monday, assuming the Cards get by West Virginia this weekend and UConn handles Providence.  Neither games are gimmies, but both are winnable.

Axl4Prez2004,

Thanks Bro.  I love the game of college basketball.  I respect all it's teams, and all fans who are respectful to me.

beer

UCONN STEAMROLLED Depaul last night.  2nd half defense was just crazy.

The big game, as you mentioned, for UCONN will be Monday night.  If they get past Louisville (and that's a BIG "IF"...UofL is playing some good ball right now) they have a very "winnable" schedule til they hit Pitt. 

Here's hoping we see the Huskies at the top of the rankings, winning vs Providence.  And then I hope they can hang on to it for a couple weeks, at least.  Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 11:57:04 PM »

Axl4Prez2004,

beer

UCONN STEAMROLLED Depaul last night.  2nd half defense was just crazy.

The big game, as you mentioned, for UCONN will be Monday night.  If they get past Louisville (and that's a BIG "IF"...UofL is playing some good ball right now) they have a very "winnable" schedule til they hit Pitt. 

Here's hoping we see the Huskies at the top of the rankings, winning vs Providence.  And then I hope they can hang on to it for a couple weeks, at least.  Smiley
Another dominant performance by the Huskies today.  They're playing real well of late and will be fully put to the test on Monday vs. Louisville, who's on a hot streak themselves.  UConn will no doubt be #1 when they tip off, we'll see if they can fare better than the last 2 #1 teams who lost in their inaugural games as the top team.  Although, rankings really don't mean that much at this time.  As long as they continue to play well.  Hopefully they're not peaking too soon. 

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 07:12:02 AM »

Another dominant performance by the Huskies today.  They're playing real well of late and will be fully put to the test on Monday vs. Louisville, who's on a hot streak themselves.  UConn will no doubt be #1 when they tip off, we'll see if they can fare better than the last 2 #1 teams who lost in their inaugural games as the top team.  Although, rankings really don't mean that much at this time.  As long as they continue to play well.  Hopefully they're not peaking too soon. 
[/quote]

TONIGHT is the big one.....here's hoping the Huskies handle UofL and hold on to the #1 spot for more than a couple hours.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 04:04:15 PM »

I'm looking forward to a great game.  Heading to Freedom Hall in a couple hours to get settled in and fired up.

Louisville is actually favored by 2 tonight.  I expected to be slight underdogs even at home against these guys.

This has the makings of a classic.

Go Cards!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »

I absolutely cannot wait for this game!

Lets go Cards!!!!!!!!!

should be tough!

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 10:58:02 PM »

A beatdown of the Cardinals administered by the Huskies tonight.  Yet another impressive victory for UConn.  They are playing their best basketball of the season for sure.  I hope it's not a case of peaking too early, like they did last season.  But I don't think that'll be a problem.  They're a veteran team and they've learned a lot over the years.  They're deep, versatile, athletic, well balanced.  They've got all the makings.  Louisville just did not shoot the ball well tonight at all and they didn't even bother trying to go inside, the Thabeet factor.  UConn just had their way with them.  The 3 guard offense really helped against that pressure defense too.  Just too many capable ball handlers out there, made the press easy to break.  Can't be more proud of my Huskies at this moment.  BUT, it is still only February.  Plenty of games to be played.  Not many people remember who the #1 team was on Ground Hog Day.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: