Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:50:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam  (Read 30164 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2009, 06:28:46 PM »

You dismiss the effects of 1 Billion automobiles on the Earth,  but stand solidly on water buffalo farts.   ok  Roll those eyes all you want. 

No, I base my argument on the idea of global warming every five millions years or so. Way before man walked the earth. If you'll go back and read you'll see that part of my argument was a rebuttal to the idea that "global warming" is 100% man-made.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 06:36:55 PM by Drew » Logged

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2009, 06:32:07 PM »

You dismiss the effects of 1 Billion automobiles on the Earth,  but stand solidly on water buffalo farts.   ok  Roll those eyes all you want. 

No, I base my argument on the idea of global warming every five millions years or so. Way before man walked the earth.

Maybe that's a scam!

Let's blame the life forces that existed back then for global warming!

yes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2009, 06:38:41 PM »

Maybe that's a scam!

I'd tend to believe that for the most part earth was nothing but molten lava with very few life present.

I know it wasn't your comment but would you agree then that this wouldn't be 100% man-made?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2009, 07:09:01 PM »

Maybe that's a scam!

I'd tend to believe that for the most part earth was nothing but molten lava with very few life present.

I know it wasn't your comment but would you agree then that this wouldn't be 100% man-made?

Drew, you are incorrect.  Seriously, do a little bit of research here.  It is the rate of increase that is unprecedented with the exception of periods of known cataclysms. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2009, 07:22:40 PM »

Drew, you are incorrect.  Seriously, do a little bit of research here.  It is the rate of increase that is unprecedented with the exception of periods of known cataclysms. 

I do research but it gets blown off instead as some 'oil company scientist' or what have you.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »

Few of us are old enough to remember, but back in the 70s Global Cooling was a "fact" too.

Don't believe any consensus coming from the corporate structure. The majority is always wrong.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2009, 07:12:25 AM »

Don't believe any consensus coming from the corporate structure. The majority is always wrong.

I rarely ever do and I feel scientist will only continue to differ on their studies.

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2009, 04:08:28 AM »

I rarely ever do and I feel scientist will only continue to differ on their studies.

That's the thing you don't seem to grasp. The worlds scientists hardly differ on this matter.

In fact, the IPCC recently published that their previous assesment on the consequensis, is in fact underestimatet.

In case you don't know, the IPPC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) consists of leading scientists from all over the world.

If NASA and other organizations like them from all over the world, came out and said a giant meteorite is heading straight for earth and will most likely cause massive havoc on our planet upon inpact. Would you then blow it of and say; "I call bullshit!! Meteorites hit the planet almost on a daily basis, this is just a scare tactic for more funding!!!"

Stavanger-rock-city!!
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2009, 01:55:58 PM »

Few of us are old enough to remember, but back in the 70s Global Cooling was a "fact" too.

Blown out of proportion, this was never as big a deal back then, NEVER.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
radical tendency
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2009, 05:17:18 PM »

I think that you are referring to "Nuclear Winter", not global cooling. Wink
radical tendency
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2009, 05:27:20 PM »

No, I base my argument on the idea of global warming every five millions years or so. Way before man walked the earth. If you'll go back and read you'll see that part of my argument was a rebuttal to the idea that "global warming" is 100% man-made.

You are correct that methane is a better agent in "absorbing" heat... around 35 times more efficient than CO₂, but the methane only comprises about 1/350th the mass of the atmosphere as CO₂, so it is negligible. Though, there are studies that suggest that with increased warming of the seas, hydrates that are currently trapped in sea-floor sediments will be released exasperating the situation.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2009, 06:06:56 PM »

That's the thing you don't seem to grasp. The worlds scientists hardly differ on this matter.

In fact, the IPCC recently published that their previous assesment on the consequensis, is in fact underestimatet.

In case you don't know, the IPPC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) consists of leading scientists from all over the world.

If NASA and other organizations like them from all over the world, came out and said a giant meteorite is heading straight for earth and will most likely cause massive havoc on our planet upon inpact. Would you then blow it of and say; "I call bullshit!! Meteorites hit the planet almost on a daily basis, this is just a scare tactic for more funding!!!"

excellent post and analogy.  This is what drives me INSANE with the average person and politician.

Almost every economist says the gov has to put money back into the system (like the stimulus bill) yet d-bag politicians say there is another view point....

Almost every scientist will tell you the age of the earth is more than 6,000 years old and that evolution is the real deal - yet religions a-holes and moron politicians will tell you differently...

Almost every scientist says global warming is happening and the rate of it is staggering - yet some idiots with a high speed internet connection seem to know more than the scientific community.

its staggering how WILLFULLY ignorant people are of scientific knowledge that is readily available to the average person.  The problem is the average person is unable to comprehend most if it, they don't want to take the time - it's too hard.  Rather than take the time to understand it, they dismiss it by coming up with their own misinformed, asinine assumptions and "conclusions". 

My favorite in the evolution "argument" is "I don't see how all of the life on earth can just be by chance, it's just too amazing of a thing... blah blah blah I'm a fucktard".

its infuriating and maddening to people who "get it".  What the FUCK is wrong with people in this country?!?!?!  only 4 out of 10 people in America today believe in evolution?  Wha!?!??! 

We are fucking doomed.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2009, 07:45:10 PM »

My favorite in the evolution "argument" is "I don't see how all of the life on earth can just be by chance, it's just too amazing of a thing... blah blah blah I'm a fucktard".

its infuriating and maddening to people who "get it".  What the FUCK is wrong with people in this country?!?!?!  only 4 out of 10 people in America today believe in evolution?  Wha!?!??! 

We are fucking doomed.

I've always preferred the "watermelons and rainclouds are both 98% water, but no one claims they're related!" argument.  And anything with Kirk Cameron.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »

And anything with Kirk Cameron.

Yea, he's an effin' keeper ^^

Him and his damn silly banana talk.

We are fucking doomed.

We now have an entire generation that uses youtube as a fucking source, and doesn't think twice about it bro.

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2009, 09:16:07 PM »

No shit it was blown out of proportion. It wasn't as big of a deal, but big enough to end up in some of my early school books (thank you Rockefeller Foundation).

Then when it became obvious that the scientists were full of shit they moved on to Nuclear Winters, the rain forest and holes in the Ozon layer. Where did those consensuses go?

But now it's for real right? Finally the media has managed to report objective projections to the people? For once the scientists are not restricted by politics, career and money? I think not. If anything those kind of corruptions have only become worse.

It's pretty obvious to me what's going on, what has been going on for decades. Humanity is a vermin on the face of the earth and something really needs to be done about our destructive nature. But since the corporations doesn't want to pay for these changes themselves they use their media cohorts to scare the public into paying for it. We're talking what, 600 billion dollars? I wouldn't want to pay that either if my name was John D.

They can't even predict the weather a week from now, but I guess I'll have to take their word for it if they're suddenly able to predict it a hundred years from now.

SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2009, 09:43:15 PM »

No shit it was blown out of proportion.

No genius, I'm saying the argument is blown out of proportion. In fact I don't remember it at all, or my older brothers talking about it, anybody in my family discussing it, and NEVER saw it on the news as a kid. NEVER.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2009, 10:13:28 PM »

I'm too young to remember the 70s, but I do remember clearly the Ozon scares of the 80s and warnings about a new ice age. That was definitely a big deal. So the argument still stands. It's not the first time "everybody" has "known" something.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »

A meteorite's trajectory is an exact science. Climate is not.

All we know for sure is that there's an increase in temperature and CO2. That can have many contributing factors, mainly the activity of our biggest power source, the Sun. We've had high levels of CO2 in the past, meaning pre 1750s. Those cave men sure must have had some polluting factories.

A more appropriate analogy would be: Scientists discover that there are something called meteorites and that they could at some point hit earth, which in turn becomes: A meteorite will hit earth next month! We're all going to die unless we pay this new tax!

radical tendency
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2009, 12:06:54 AM »

A meteorite's trajectory is an exact science. Climate is not.

All we know for sure is that there's an increase in temperature and CO2. That can have many contributing factors, mainly the activity of our biggest power source, the Sun. We've had high levels of CO2 in the past, meaning pre 1750s. Those cave men sure must have had some polluting factories.

A more appropriate analogy would be: Scientists discover that there are something called meteorites and that they could at some point hit earth, which in turn becomes: A meteorite will hit earth next month! We're all going to die unless we pay this new tax!

After a little searching it became clear that you are wrong about "global cooling"! It was never anything more that a fringe hypothesis(right up your alley).

The solar hypothesis for global warming has been thoroughly debunked. The only ones still propagating this nonsense are frauds and shysters out to make a buck by selling books. When considering these kinds of fringe shit THINK OF YOUR SOURCES!!!. Who has the most to gain? An academic making $75k a year, or someone with no background in the science selling books???

If there was a solar component to global warming, then all of the planets would be experiencing a proportional heating. Guess what? They are not!
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2009, 12:09:53 AM »

After a little searching it became clear that you are wrong about "global cooling"! It was never anything more that a fringe hypothesis(right up your alley).

Do you remember anything like this back in the day growing up? Because I sure don't. I only see right wing peeps (or other in this case) bring it up as some sort of counterweight argument.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: