Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam  (Read 30155 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 06:34:14 PM »

So because Gore thinks money should be spent on Global Warning, it must be a scam?

You don't think it would be a good idea to cut down on putting shit in the atmosphere or oceans?

/jarmo

Yes, I believe it's a scam and so is Gore. Nothing wrong with trying to slow pollution but not in the scare tactic form Gore and so many other people around the world want to use.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »

Yes, I believe it's a scam and so is Gore. Nothing wrong with trying to slow pollution but not in the scare tactic form Gore and so many other people around the world want to use.

Did you ever think that people need a wake up call to react?

So they might exaggerate things in some cases, but that's only because they know that otherwise people will be indifferent.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 06:45:54 PM »

So because Gore thinks money should be spent on Global Warning, it must be a scam?

You don't think it would be a good idea to cut down on putting shit in the atmosphere or oceans?

/jarmo

So if you're wrong, what happens?

If those who believe that global warming is man made are wrong, what happens?

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 06:47:42 PM »

Did you ever think that people need a wake up call to react?

So they might exaggerate things in some cases, but that's only because they know that otherwise people will be indifferent.

/jarmo

Yes, I believe people have received their wake up call and reacted. Reacted to the idea that "global warming" is not 100% fact and that scientist both agree and disagree with the idea.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »

So if you're wrong, what happens?

If those who believe that global warming is man made are wrong, what happens?

If I'm wrong or right the earth eventually dies. I know that may be an insane way of thinking but that's just how I see it. The earth has been around a lot longer than we have and has gone though so much change. Earth has been around for 4.5 billion years and it's got a life expectancy of another 5 billion years. Earth has survived a lot more bigger tragedies than this supposed man made "global warming."

SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 07:07:58 PM »

If you are wrong, then we face catastrophic consequences that generations will have to deal with. Our children, grandchildren and great grand children.

If I'm wrong....nothing.

Given the options, don't you think it may be more logical to explore what scientists from around the world believe is a threat to our way of life and our fragile ecosystems?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 07:09:42 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 07:09:19 PM »

If you are wrong, then we face catastrophic consequences that generations will have to deal with. Our children, grandchildren and great grand children.

If I'm wrong....nothing.

I understand how you look at. I just look at it completely different.

SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 07:11:21 PM »

If I'm wrong....nothing.

I understand how you look at. I just look at it completely different.

Yes, one day the earth will die. But while we live here for the many years to come we can take care of it, or shit all over it.

You choose to take scientific method and discard it in the name of partisan buffoonary, and in turn shit on our planet.

I'll take my option instead, thanks.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 07:15:21 PM »

Yes, one day the earth will die. But while we live here for the many years to come we can take care of it, or shit all over it.

You choose to take scientific method and discard it in the name of partisan buffoonary, and in turn shit on our planet.

I'll take my option instead, thanks.

No, i also take a scientific method as well. Do not forget that there are a lot of scientist all over the world that disagree on this "global warming" idea. What "partisan buffoonary" side are you taking?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 07:32:33 PM »

So it's ok to spend money on something because it might be a threat to your country, but it's not ok to spend way less on something that might be a threat to the whole planet?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2009, 07:36:34 PM »

So it's ok to spend money on something because it might be a threat to your country, but it's not ok to spend way less on something that might be a threat to the whole planet?

/jarmo

You make a mistake once. Why not try and not make another mistake just like it?

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2009, 08:39:31 PM »

The repercussions of what certain politicians have advocated to deal with man-made global warming would be devastating.  It certainly worth being sure, or at least pretty damn sure that global warming is in fact caused by man before pushing such extreme measures.

Given that the evidence is currently very lacking and very flawed, I don't see how anyone can advocate those types of agendas.

Certainly doing healthy things for our planet is a good thing, but we need to do a cost/benefit analysis before going forward with the extreme ideas.

I am not scientist.  I've heard very smart people say that man-made global warming is absolutely real, and very smart people say the opposite is true.   I don't know enough science to know the truth absolutely, but I do know that only one side tries to shut down the other side, to "expel" them.  The pro-global warming people are not unlike the Catholic Church of old and it's ex-communicating of Galileo.

I, and many people in our society, will continue to fight for real science and real truth to be explored, and we WILL NOT succumb to the attempts on the other side to dismiss us, or insult us, or whatever arrogant plan you guys are preparing next.

Edit:  Honestly, I would you pro-Global Warming people a lot more credit if you weren't so eager to overlook the current holes and problems with the current man-made global warming theories.  It's like, you want to pretend it's an absolute proven truth, but we all know that isn't true.  To think you can just say "it's absolutely true" and everyone is too stupid to realize it is insulting, and it speaks volumes about that argument.  I usually find that people that overlook the problems with their own viewpoints have overlooked a lot more.

Cheers.  ok
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 08:46:01 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2009, 08:52:56 PM »

You make a mistake once. Why not try and not make another mistake just like it?

Wasn't that the excuse used to make the mistake in the first place?  hihi

I don't know the deal with Global Warming.

I think it needs to be researched.

But, common sense tells me you can't put shit in the atmosphere or oceans and nothing will happen.

You think smog appears by magic in places like Los Angeles?

Did smog exist in the stone age?

Mankind has created a lot of problems for ourselves.

You can't just say that everything is natural.

If you can build engines, power plants etc that generate less "waste" that's let out into the air we breathe, what's so bad about that?

/jarmo

SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2009, 08:56:12 PM »

Even Salt Lake City has horrible smog now in the winter. People are warned to stay inside when it happens. And that's a small city....common sense would dictate that this pollution is equally destructive to the planet as it is to the human body.

But if you'd rather follow alarmist literature, and conspiracy theory non-sense then don't let me stop you.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2009, 09:03:21 PM »

For a long time people thought you could just flush all the crap into rivers, lakes and oceans.

Then they realized it wasn't so smart. So they started treating the sewage....

I don't know about you, but something tells me the same could apply to what you let out into the atmosphere.

It took a while to realize CFCs harm the ozone layer. Maybe you didn't believe it at the time either.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2009, 09:24:24 PM »

nobody is claiming Pollution isn't bad and that taking care of the planet isn't important.

I just don't believe the doom and gloom Global Warming propaganda.

Maybe we can effect the climate, maybe we can't. I am just saying, from what I have read, I just believe the earth goes in cycles. the last time we all argued this, I saw where the earth had warmed up something like .4 degrees *don't quote me on that* but it was something like that since 1928.

I just don't think it is cause to panic, that's all.

Taking care of the enviroment, hugging a tree, decreasing our use of oil and using less electricity is important and I'm all for it.

but don't try and act like the world will cease to exist or explode if we don't.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 09:28:19 PM »

D, the way you talk makes you sound very unintelligent.

If you would maybe, not post swear words and actually research what you are saying, then maybe you wouldn't come off so...naive.

Scientists, and experts, may differ on when exactly the o-zone layer will be completely depleted, but global warming is a very inconvenient truth (lol) and if people want to just ignore the truth on this subject, and our species will perish if we don't recognize what we our doing to our planet.

Yeah, whatever u may say, I am just tired of the news reporting scare tactic bullshit and people running for their steel bomb shelters.

I remember when I was a kid and the big scare was a paper cut that turned into a flesh eating disease

remember mad cow disease, sars?

my professor was talking about the news and she said "I saw on the news where more women are dying of heart attacks shortly after pregancy and no one can figure out why!

what does this do? It immediately places that seed of fear in girl's heads and makes them more afraid to get pregnant, thinking they could die.

U scare enough naive girls, that controls the population.

I just don't believe everything i hear.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 10:04:24 PM »

but don't try and act like the world will cease to exist or explode if we don't.

Because you know nothing will happen?

/jarmo

radical tendency
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 10:05:09 PM »

Drew, there was one publishing climatologist whose data seemed to contradict what has been observed recently, but he later acknowledged the flaws in his methods. You claim that there are some that support GW, and some that refute it, however, that is disingenuine. There is pretty much a concensus among climate scientists that global warming is real, and is the result of increases in CO₂ due to the burning of fossil fuels.

In the last 150 years the CO₂ constituent of the atmosphere has increased from around 200ppm to >300ppm- a 50% increase in on a relatively short time. The last time the atmosphere saw these kinds of increases was when the Indian sub-continent was colliding with Asia, and then it occurred over millenia, not decades.This time also corresponds to the second greatest extinction the planet has ever experienced.

You are correct, in that, the climate has been atypical for the past one million years, and it would eventually return to what is normal, the problem is the exponential rates of warming that the Earth is now experiencing. 25 years ago scientist didn't think it was possible for an entire ice shelf to break up within a life time, but today, the Ross Shelf is in eminent danger of collapse... it will probably happen this year. Too, there have been other massive losses shelf along Antarctic Peninsula over the last several years, but nothing like the Ross.

Someone mentioned cyclical variations. I assume that they were referring to variations due to the mechanics of orbit. Yes, they are well known, but the affects appear to be restricted to temporal locals in that they have little effect in changing the climate(if the climate was on the verge of glacial advances, then yes, but otherwise...) The cycles have been with the planet since it's formation, but there have only been 5 glacial periods documented though out the entire history of the planet(the record for the Phanerozioc is well known).

The climate would have returned to "normal" anyway, but the rate of change that the planet is experiencing is going to be catastrophic to future generations. Many alive today, or their kids, will know the effects of sea-level rise, and change of crop patterns. All that can be done at this point is to mitigate the affects. Continued release of these gases will only exasperate an already dire situation.

Oh, the ozone hole: The world banned the use of chloroflourocarbons. As a result, the "hole" is being repaired... naturally.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 10:11:40 PM »

Because you know nothing will happen?

/jarmo

oh yeah, the world will "Explode' but it will be from a nuclear war long before us polluters destroy it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: