Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:55:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam  (Read 30156 times)
radical tendency
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2009, 12:26:48 AM »

Do you remember anything like this back in the day growing up? Because I sure don't. I only see right wing peeps (or other in this case) bring it up as some sort of counterweight argument.

Vaguely??? But, I do remember Sagan's theory of nuclear winter. That being "said", as a youngster studying climatology in the 80s, I had those same opinions, but there wasn't much supporting data, and the data that was out there definitely wasn't very well circulated in the media. In fact, it was based more on comparisons of past paleo-climate trends than actual models. Of course, now it is apparent that with all the data supporting current trends that the hypothesis was wrong.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2009, 10:35:51 AM »

Few of us are old enough to remember, but back in the 70s Global Cooling was a "fact" too.

Don't believe any consensus coming from the corporate structure. The majority is always wrong.

In 30 years, everyone will be fearing dangerously moderate temperatures around the globe.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2009, 05:53:50 PM »

Few of us are old enough to remember, but back in the 70s Global Cooling was a "fact" too.

Don't believe any consensus coming from the corporate structure. The majority is always wrong.

In 30 years, everyone will be fearing dangerously moderate temperatures around the globe.

I've got kind of an agenda...I want global warming to be true so that chick in Brossard's pic finally takes off the top!!  rant  Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: