Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Billboard Exclusive: Axl Rose Speaks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billboard Exclusive: Axl Rose Speaks  (Read 77961 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 09:29:11 AM »

Nice stuff about some of the "fans". Great read indeed.

I don't think the article paints Axl in a bitter tone, to be honest. I do think the man has a lot to say and not everything is in a positive side. And what's the problem with having bad feelings about something that hurts?

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 09:31:38 AM »

That was an awesome read! Thanks, Axl!  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Principessa
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »

And what's the problem with having bad feelings about something that hurts?

That's right. (Though I think he is more pissed off than hurt)!

It must be awful to read about something so personal between he and the other guys,  manipulated, exploited and beat up by the media - who as he said (don't know the full story).

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:38:28 AM by Principessa » Logged

...and I Do
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2009, 09:36:15 AM »

Bitterness, yes, that's what all the write ups in the media will have you believe.

Yep a conspiracy nut.......read what Axl writes, read THIS interview.....listen to the onstage rants etc....no bitterness my arse

When Axl spoke to the forums, I detected none of that bitterness.

ok fair enough Smiley

There's no organized conspiracy against Axl!?Huh?

Of course not

He also commented on how the media constantly twist his words, (online interview). That's why he prefers not to give interviews.

Again the Billboard article paints Axl as the bitter one, or didn't you pick up on that? (Carmiedisco12)

You do realize that these are all Axl's words?Huh chances are he had a final veto on the release as well.
Welcome to reality the media twists everyones words.......Ive been interviewed on TV and they cut and pasted it to suit the story they wanted (painting me as a poor victim, but totally a manipulated and dishonest story nonetheless.....
I have friends in the media , the manipulation is undeniable
But to suggest its a worldwide conscious conspiracy is nonsense.
Like any other conflict in history theres blame on both sides. None of the parties in GNR are blameless, lest leave it at that and apportion blame equally.....assuming you feel the need to sit around blaming anymore.

This is from the article (page 6)-

Axl:

With Reuters, I get their reach. That said, they've been particularly ugly toward me and this band for years, with nearly everything they've written being condescending or negatively judgmental with the cute little press trick of using negative adjectives across the board whenever they've written anything. In our regard they're one of the media outlets that appear to continually attempt to set a tone for a negative mainstream public perception regarding either us or myself, at least in the United States, if not the world.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:38:03 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2009, 09:56:48 AM »

There's no need to make this a Gn'R vs Velvet Revolver thread

or a old vs new thread.

For the record, I was speaking about Duff as an individual.

The only reason I brought it up was it was part of the focus of the article, and every fan and interviewer wants to ask the same 'ol question..."what are the chances of a reunion?"  I've seen Axl's responses vary over time, and this time by stating that a reunion with Slash will never happen, hopefully will put a nail in it (probably not). 

It's hard to say that Axl even "hates/really dislikes" Slash as a person in the context of reading it, but in the immortal words of Spinal Tap, "we shant work together again".  I have to think the formation of Velvet Revolver was something Axl was not crazy about, but speculation on my part.  On the other hand Slash and Duff probably weren't doing backflips when a new Guns record was released.  It must be emotional to watch pieces of something that was so great go in different directions, while at the same time using pieces of what made it great.

Duff as an individual is the Bees Knees, and Slash as an individual is probably as cool as they come. As a music fan, I personally hate seeing things re-hashed.  Onward and upward I say.

Chicago 11/15/11
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2009, 09:57:30 AM »

The one nugget Im ever so slightly dissapointed down is the comment that ...we hope to release another album....or along that lines
Give the impression theres only one more album worth of material Huh
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2009, 10:06:12 AM »

so there goes any re-union!!

Boo-hoo Cry

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2009, 10:10:07 AM »

this shit was awesome! writing videos, hopes for another album, confirmation of discussing tours, superminimal chance for a collab with duff and a slightly bigger chance to work with the iz-man, was laughing my ass of at axl's thougts on the "what if story" story  hihi

thanks god
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2009, 10:10:52 AM »

Good read.  Hopefully we continue to see more interviews and that Interscope gets more involved in promoting the record.  I really hope we can get to the point soon where we don't need to rehash the past and can focus on the future.  I'd like to see a RS interview and perhaps something on tv...60 Minutes maybe?   hihi

My favorite quote:  "We feel that, unfortunately, we've never been really anything all that much more other than a throw it at the wall, see if it sticks, no real ground work, something to take advantage of, last quarter, cook the books, write-off, fuck this headache, hoping to get lucky scam."

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Principessa
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2009, 10:11:33 AM »

I have to think the formation of Velvet Revolver was something Axl was not crazy about, but speculation on my part.  On the other hand Slash and Duff probably weren't doing backflips when a new Guns record was released.  It must be emotional to watch pieces of something that was so great go in different directions, while at the same time using pieces of what made it great.

You are on to something there.  ok

There are certain lyrics on the new album that only the previous members would fully get.

There Was A Time, for example is about a particular time that involved some of the previous members. And yes there are many references to past songs/lyrics.

Axl is actually picking up the story from where it was last left off...

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:21:27 AM by Principessa » Logged

...and I Do
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2009, 10:42:10 AM »

While the record company played a big part in the failed promotion lets not forget that its the same record company that funded one of the most expensive albums ever made. So I dont think its fair to completely blame them.

Axl says that hes been waiting for a marketing plan for the last 5 years. Isnt that around the time when the label began to stop the funding of the project?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:56:12 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Annie
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2009, 11:20:05 AM »

That was an awesome read! Thanks, Axl!  ok
Yes, thankyou Axl. You are such a great writer!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2009, 11:24:46 AM »

It's always great to hear from Axl but I would have preferred to hear more about the songs and what went into them instead of more shit about Slash and the record company.  I'm not saying that's Axl's fault since he may have only gotten asked questions in that vein.  But, I hope this interview wasn't intended as promotion for the album as it really doesn't succeed in that regard.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2009, 11:26:24 AM »

one thing is clear... the record company is full of giant assholes who want to try and destroy axl.  fuck them.  seriously... FUCK THEM!  how dare they try and hold axl down by keeping him from getting money and making videos.  don't they realize what a runaway smash blockbuster they could have on there hands?  this shit makes me so mad.  every time i read that interview i just get madder and madder.  axl has bent over backwards to give those ungrateful dickwads amazing and beautiful and inspiring music.  all he asks is that they give him a tiny little amount of money to publicize it and to make an amazing and inspiring video to match the music.  but NOOOOO apparently that's too much to ask from those greedy fuckheads.  

they are so stupid.  that's the worst part.  it's like they just don' tknow how to run a record company.  no wonder the industry is tanking if geniuses like these are making all the decisions.
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2009, 11:30:47 AM »

I think the part about the "fans" preferring the leaks is about a member at The GNR Bar who is pretty negative.

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2009, 11:57:58 AM »

Awesome read.

Thanks Axl and Billboard.  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2009, 12:22:12 PM »

Good news: Axl at last has given an interview and perhaps will be a reunion with Izzy or Duff in the future.

Band news: No tour plan, Better video it's not done, still bitter with Slash.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:26:44 PM by +Rocker+ » Logged

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »

one thing is clear... the record company is full of giant assholes who want to try and destroy axl.  fuck them.  seriously... FUCK THEM!  how dare they try and hold axl down by keeping him from getting money and making videos.  don't they realize what a runaway smash blockbuster they could have on there hands?  this shit makes me so mad.  every time i read that interview i just get madder and madder.  axl has bent over backwards to give those ungrateful dickwads amazing and beautiful and inspiring music.  all he asks is that they give him a tiny little amount of money to publicize it and to make an amazing and inspiring video to match the music.  but NOOOOO apparently that's too much to ask from those greedy fuckheads.  

they are so stupid.  that's the worst part.  it's like they just don' tknow how to run a record company.  no wonder the industry is tanking if geniuses like these are making all the decisions.
let me ask you a question...were you saying the same thing when that same company funded one of historys most expensive rock projects?

I think the part about the "fans" preferring the leaks is about a member at The GNR Bar who is pretty negative

lol dave2k?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2009, 12:25:41 PM »

Thanks for posting that, FunkyMonkey.  Good read.

While it's great to finally see an actual interview, I can't help but see a lot of underyling anger and an "it's me against the world" (or maybe it's "the world against me") attitude.  That's what it is - I've been trying to search for the word and although he sounds bitter, at times, that's just not the word I wanted, to describe it.   But that's it - "They're out to get me" attitude, but then, that's him and he's kind of always been like that - it doesn't matter who or what - it's the record company, former members, the media, etc.  - he sometimes talks like everybody's against him.  

BTW, to whomever it may concern I'd appreciate my post not being deleted for what might be considered, by some, to be negative content.  I'm not trying to start anything, at all, I'm just sayin' the way I see it.    
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2009, 12:28:59 PM »

Thanks for posting that, FunkyMonkey.  Good read.

While it's great to finally see an actual interview, I can't help but see a lot of underyling anger and an "it's me against the world" (or maybe it's "the world against me") attitude.  That's what it is - I've been trying to search for the word and although he sounds bitter, at times, that's just not the word I wanted, to describe it.   But that's it - "They're out to get me" attitude, but then, that's him and he's kind of always been like that - it doesn't matter who or what - it's the record company, former members, the media, etc.  - he sometimes talks like everybody's against him.  

BTW, to whomever it may concern I'd appreciate my post not being deleted for what might be considered, by some, to be negative content.  I'm not trying to start anything, at all, I'm just sayin' the way I see it.    

you make an interesting point. Its afine line because that type of attitude/perspective makes Axl tick all of these years. But at times, especially in a situation like this, I wish he would just go out there, lose thewho hates me list, and go be positive and rock out. fine line though

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: