Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:06:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who would you like to see as the Opening Act on the next tour?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who would you like to see as the Opening Act on the next tour?  (Read 111063 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #420 on: October 25, 2009, 07:45:08 PM »

Try Honesty is still my favorite Billy Talent song. Was a fan of theirs back a few years ago...
I thought they were interresting 'til i saw them live Lips Sealed

try honesty is still a pretty good song though
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #421 on: October 25, 2009, 09:20:26 PM »

A interesting band that is great live would be "Silversun pickups"  The live show is guitar heavy and an all out rock show.  My wife was a big fan so I went with her to see them live and was blown away. 
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #422 on: October 26, 2009, 05:00:35 AM »

Buckcherry
Biffy Clyro

Here today...ready to rock
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #423 on: October 26, 2009, 05:34:15 AM »

Phoenix or Band of Horses.

Phoenix is one fine band. I don't think it'd fit though with Guns...too alternative.

I'll bring Dinosaur Jr. It'd be awesome having two of my favorite bands at the same show  drool
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #424 on: October 26, 2009, 05:53:03 AM »

Black Mountain, Iggy & The Stooges, The Black Keys, Fu Manchu, Wolfmother or The Black Angels...
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #425 on: October 26, 2009, 06:40:13 PM »

it would be cool to see stone temple pilots open and no I'am not being a smartass there on tour as we speak.

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
GNR 1991
Opening Act

« Reply #426 on: October 26, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »

Avenged Sevenfold would be a thrill to see along with Guns.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #427 on: October 26, 2009, 06:56:27 PM »

wolfmother
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #428 on: October 26, 2009, 08:42:50 PM »

Soul Asylum would be great and Tommy would be busy!!!

I just hope its not a band like Theory of a Nickle Crap
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:30:37 PM by dont_damn_me » Logged
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #429 on: October 26, 2009, 10:33:30 PM »

What about Cheap Trick?  That would be cool...

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #430 on: October 26, 2009, 11:30:54 PM »

What about Cheap Trick?  That would be cool...
Saw them with Def Leppard and Poison this summer.  They're currently in Vegas playing The Beatles Sergeant Peppers, I believe.  Good live band, but not a good match for a GNR show.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tange
Opening Act

« Reply #431 on: October 27, 2009, 12:18:53 PM »

A question: Do you guys think that they would do it? More to the point do you think AIC is too big to open for Guns?

I don't think Alice In Chains would have any problem opening up for Guns. And no, I don't think they are regarded by most as being "too big to open for Guns."

There may be some AIC diehards who feel this way, but the majority certainly wouldn't.

i don't know, their fifth in the billboard album sales and check my brain is all over the radio (#1 billboard rock song).

Going on Leno in a couple of days should help their case. I dont think its as cut and dry as a couple of die hards. If thats the case then they have a shitload of diehards.

"There was one song on that record that I didn't even know was on it until it came out, 'My World'," Stradlin continues. "I gave it a listen and thought, 'What the fuck is this?' "

-IZZY STRADLIN
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #432 on: October 27, 2009, 12:52:16 PM »

A question: Do you guys think that they would do it? More to the point do you think AIC is too big to open for Guns?

I don't think Alice In Chains would have any problem opening up for Guns. And no, I don't think they are regarded by most as being "too big to open for Guns."

There may be some AIC diehards who feel this way, but the majority certainly wouldn't.

i don't know, their fifth in the billboard album sales and check my brain is all over the radio (#1 billboard rock song).

Going on Leno in a couple of days should help their case. I dont think its as cut and dry as a couple of die hards. If thats the case then they have a shitload of diehards.

Alice in Chains would be freakin sweet man.
tange
Opening Act

« Reply #433 on: October 27, 2009, 02:20:23 PM »

No doubt. I think it would be especially strategic for a U.S. tour. Reintroduce everyone to guns, Alice is doing really well on the radio and in the states.

I think people would pay as a curiosity to see axl and knowing they would like the Alice part. Then when Axl and co. blow em away, it'll leave a bigger impression.

Right now in the states Guns is struggling big time, but they could become a big tour act if they just get some momentum.

I think snagging Ashba will turn out to be a huge coup. the guy can produce records and it sounds like that was a big stumbling block for Axl with all the
guys he went through comprising Chinese Democracy.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 02:22:18 PM by tange » Logged

"There was one song on that record that I didn't even know was on it until it came out, 'My World'," Stradlin continues. "I gave it a listen and thought, 'What the fuck is this?' "

-IZZY STRADLIN
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #434 on: October 27, 2009, 02:58:32 PM »

Rob Zombie. Even if they only did a few shows together. Would be a really fun show.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
AC
Rocker

« Reply #435 on: October 27, 2009, 05:09:23 PM »

White Rabbits!!! Smiley

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #436 on: October 27, 2009, 11:45:23 PM »

ok I just saw that Sebastian Back and Danko Jones are opening for GNR, somebody can confirm that? saw it at thegnrsyndicate.com and who is Danko Jones? Huh
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #437 on: October 27, 2009, 11:54:27 PM »

ok I just saw that Sebastian Back and Danko Jones are opening for GNR, somebody can confirm that? saw it at thegnrsyndicate.com and who is Danko Jones? Huh
That's what they have listed on livenation.  Danko Jones is a Canadian band.  Don't know much about them.  Supposedly this is all still unconfirmed.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #438 on: October 28, 2009, 06:54:01 AM »

That's what they have listed on livenation.  Danko Jones is a Canadian band.  Don't know much about them.  Supposedly this is all still unconfirmed.
also, Danko Jones is the name of the front man, one of the hardest rocking man in rock n roll  Grin seriously, when i saw them it was a summer night and it literally steamed from his head  smoking

I could really talk for hours about Danko hihi
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #439 on: October 29, 2009, 09:22:06 PM »

I wonder how many times in this thread that has been said hihi hihi hihi

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: