Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:21:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 380846 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: March 04, 2009, 06:52:46 PM »

Axl Rose intends to follow last November?s release of Chinese Democracy with a worldwide Guns n? Roses stadium tour this summer, according to industry insiders. If it comes to pass, the tour would mark the first U.S. stadium dates for the current line-up of Guns ? their 2002 and 2006-?07 tours were arena outings, with some overseas stadium shows. (And contrary to one persistent online rumor, the band has absolutely no plans of playing Spain?s Kobetasonik Festival this June.)

Meanwhile, Guns? manager, Irving Azoff, tells Rolling Stone that the band has big plans for this year. ?Axl has been basically quiet, keeping out of the limelight for almost 15 years. People think they know him but they only really only know what has been said about him by questionable people,? Azoff says. ?He is a good guy and often misunderstood ? he is a professional who has worked very hard to build and maintain a high creative standard for Guns n? Roses, which I support. We have some exciting things in the works this year for Gn?R, I?m looking forward to it.?
Brian Hiatt

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/04/guns-n-roses-planning-summer-stadium-tour/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:54:14 PM »

Nice!  ok
Josh
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 06:54:31 PM »

Axl Rose intends to follow last November?s release of Chinese Democracy with a worldwide Guns n? Roses stadium tour this summer, according to industry insiders. If it comes to pass, the tour would mark the first U.S. stadium dates for the current line-up of Guns ? their 2002 and 2006-?07 tours were arena outings, with some overseas stadium shows. (And contrary to one persistent online rumor, the band has absolutely no plans of playing Spain?s Kobetasonik Festival this June.)

Meanwhile, Guns? manager, Irving Azoff, tells Rolling Stone that the band has big plans for this year. ?Axl has been basically quiet, keeping out of the limelight for almost 15 years. People think they know him but they only really only know what has been said about him by questionable people,? Azoff says. ?He is a good guy and often misunderstood ? he is a professional who has worked very hard to build and maintain a high creative standard for Guns n? Roses, which I support. We have some exciting things in the works this year for Gn?R, I?m looking forward to it.?
Brian Hiatt

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/04/guns-n-roses-planning-summer-stadium-tour/

/jarmo

That's the most awesome thing I've heard since, well, the announcement of CDs release date.   peace peace peace
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 06:55:04 PM »

Wow!  Awesome news.  Can't wait to see Gn'R this summer!

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »

This is fuckin great!

drool

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 06:56:18 PM »

Note to GN'R:

Please make Foxboro, Massachusetts- home of the three-time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots-one of the stops on the tour.

Thank You.  ok

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 06:57:13 PM »

So they'll start in the US?  AWESOME!!!  Although I'd settle for a show in Timbuktu at this point and just watch the clips on youtube.  But if I can be there in person, all the better.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 06:58:20 PM »

OMFG i'm so freakin happy!!!!

THANKS JARMO Cheesy beer beer beer beer beer

Chinese Democracy!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 06:58:55 PM »

m'fer! bring it on!
GNRFAN20
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 07:01:28 PM »

Here we go everyone. This is what we have been waiting for.
gnrpatience
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 07:01:43 PM »

Come to Mexico City!!
hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 07:03:31 PM »

Holy Crap!! But could they actually sell out? Nobody has been doing stadiums lately, that I know of. Last band I remember doing stadiums was Green Day in 04. Could be wrong though. GNR couldnt even sell out consistently in 06. Axl would have to become a media-promotion whore for this to work.
I hope its true and I hope it works because I wanna throw this in everyones face that says NuGNR sucks. I dont see Taylor Swift, Kanye, or Nickelback playing stadiums.
ben9785
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 07:04:18 PM »

A stadium tour? ... sounds good. Let's see how it goes.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 07:04:32 PM »

Now this is the news that I want to read about. Of course he will stop at the GREATEST football stadium known as Giants Stadium. I also might add that it was the Giants who beats the 3 time champions.Smiley I'm just busting on the chops of the guy who brought up the Patroits.  
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 07:07:14 PM »

Note to GN'R:

Please make Foxboro, Massachusetts- home of the three-time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots-one of the stops on the tour.

Thank You.  ok
I second that.  I'd be there if that's on the schedule.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 07:10:27 PM »

Citizens Bank Park in Philly is a nice place to hit up too...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 07:13:12 PM »

Eating off of the dollar menu at McDonald's starts now!
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 07:18:52 PM »

Eating off of the dollar menu at McDonald's starts now!

That's awesome!
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 07:20:13 PM »

Oh, and I could die a happy man if they decide to play either Red Rocks or the Gorge. I know they're not stadiums, but it would be awesome. That said, even a little Qwest Field in Seattle would kick my butt.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 07:24:53 PM »

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but, they can't sell out stadiums in the US.  I've  got a bad feeling about this.  They need to start at a more modest level, INMHO.  But of course, I'll be there!

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: