Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:55:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 185874 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 01:15:18 PM »

Yeah but u are letting the media influence get to you.

TO has never done anything on the sideline as bad as what Anquain Boldin did in the NFC Title Game but yet u don't hear about Boldin being a bad teammate.

Hell, U see guys on the sidelines all the time getting heated with their coaches but everyone else is just a "GREAT competitor" whereas TO is a cancer.

U never hear TO bitch unless what the team is doing is stupid.  Dennis Rodman was the SAME way. I remember when Rodman played in SA, he became the fall guy because David Robinson was unable to be the man and take on Hakeem Olajuwon.

T.O. is now that same fall guy. If I am TO and I am getting 0 catches and my team is losing, u are damn right I am going to bitch.

when a team for 10 straight weeks, bumps me and has a safety over top and my dumb ass Offensive Coordinator cannot figure out how to move me around to counter that move, u are damn right he has a right to complain.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »

TO has never done anything on the sideline as bad as what Anquain Boldin did in the NFC Title Game but yet u don't hear about Boldin being a bad teammate.

Do you not remember his tirade on the San Francisco coordinator? Boldin's incident was the first I ever heard about. I didn't even know who the guy was before that incident during the playoff game. But with T.O. it happens over and over with team after team.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 06:18:36 PM »

TO is a great competitor and gives 110% pretty much all the time.  He wants to win, I don't doubt that.  But he's proven time and time again that he's not a very good teammate.  If it hadn't happened with 3 different teams then it might be an isolated incident but he's obviously got some issues.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 06:32:42 PM »

Being unprofessional sticks out a lot and that's a good enough reason not to be associated with guy. There are 52 other players on the roster that can control themselves even when they feel they're not getting the ball enough or not getting played as much as they should. Being a selfish egomaniac destroys team chemistry.

Exactly. Everyone knows that TO is still an incredibly talented WR, even though he's no longer in his prime. But the production he gives you on the field isn't worth the disruption that he causes in the locker room. I mean, if Slash was a cancer, then TO is the bubonic plague, smallpox, bird flu, and every other disease.

The Cowboys are a better team without him. They still won't make the playoffs, of course, but they'll now have much better team chemistry because TO isn't there to go behind everyone's back and make comments and accusations and cause a divide among certain players.

And D, you made the comment about McNabb starting it in Philly when he said they didn't need TO to win, what the hell was Donovan supposed to say? "Yeah, we don't stand a chance now without Owens." I mean, TO got hurt near the end of the season. At the time he wasn't expected to be back even before the Superbowl. Were the Eagles supposed to just lay down and die? No, McNabb had to remind everyone that they could still win in the playoffs without Owens, that they could still make it to the Superbowl. And they did.

Owens worked his ass off to get back in time for the Superbowl, and I admire the guy for that. He played great in that game. But then he wanted more money, and there's a right way to go about that, and a wrong way. Plenty of players want more money, and they let it be known, but at the same time they show up to practice, they play hard every week. They take care of the money stuff behind the curtain. TO turned it into a fucking circus, inviting reporters to his house to watch him work out on his front lawn and stupid shit like that. It got to where McNabb and Brad Childress wouldn't even talk to Owens. TO divided that locker room and nearly destroyed the Eagles.

There's a reason 20-something teams in the NFL didn't want Owens, despite his talent. There was no way he was going to go to a winning organization like the Colts. A team like the Bills has nothing to lose. They get Owens, a very talented WR who will help their offense. They also get more publicity, which is something they need since they were struggling to sell tickets.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 06:34:22 PM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 06:33:41 PM »

Drew, damn!  What did I say?  I am pretty sure I said TO's antics are uncalled for and for an overwhelming majority of teams TO would be a liability.  I just happen to think Buffalo is a perfect situation for TO.

I am honest.  TO is still a top 10 wide receiver.  TO sells tickets, magazines, merchandise.  He will be an asset to the Bills, and genius of it all is it's only a 1-year deal.  

D, I knew you'd get some good ol' McNabb bashing in there.  Fuck TO on that front.  Any team leader is going to rally his troops by saying they can win even though a star goes down to injury.  Would you rather he said, "We really don't have a shot of winning without TO?"  Come on.  Now, that said, I do (and have repeatedly) called D-Mac out for keeping that silence shit up when they were teammates.  Both were being immature fucks.  TO's responsibility in that whole feud was 80% TO, 20% Donovan.

Now, D asked for a time when TO didn't tell the truth...oh D, where to start...how 'bout calling Jeff Garcia gay?  Just google up some nude pics of Playboy playmate Heather Kozar, Garcia's girlfriend at the time...yeah, gay.   Roll Eyes

How 'bout the millions of times TO bitches after a play, "I WAS OPEN!" ...when in fact he wasn't.  

1 year.  $6.5 million.  He's a fucking steal for an organization that isn't going anywhere without a stud #1 receiver and desperately needs to sell tickets and merch.

btw, I just read Gilee's post, right on!!!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 06:45:49 PM »

Drew, damn!  What did I say?  I am pretty sure I said TO's antics are uncalled for and for an overwhelming majority of teams TO would be a liability.  I just happen to think Buffalo is a perfect situation for TO.

I am honest.  TO is still a top 10 wide receiver.  TO sells tickets, magazines, merchandise.  He will be an asset to the Bills, and genius of it all is it's only a 1-year deal.

Point taken. I on the other hand just can't justify bringing this kind of selfishness to an organization no matter how many more tickets he might sell or how much more merchandise he might sell. I know there's no way it would have happened but I still wish every NFL team would have said 'No thanks!' to T.O. and he'd be out of the NFL for good.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 07:56:32 PM »

Jury is still out on Jeff Garcia

That guy definitely appears to be even if he does have hot playboy playmates.

McNabb should've said "TO is a great player, and its gonna be very hard to replace him, we will have to have other guys step up but we aren't giving up. U don't replace a Terrell Owens but I believe we can still play hard, fight hard and still make it to the super bowl as long as everyone steps up

something like that

U just dont say

WE can win without him, we have done it before, we don't need him

thats some bullshit to say about any teammate.

Its not that TO didn't get balls thrown to him, it was just the shitty offense they ran and how they basically had TO lined up on the same side, running the same routes over and over.

Ray Lewis said Dallas has the most elementary offense in the league.

EXACTLY

Also, Jeff Garcia has a fucking pea shooter. Has to be hard and frustrating on a wide receiver to consistently beat coverage but not have a QB capable of throwing the deep ball.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 07:57:41 PM »

Chad Johnson is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY worse than TO by the way

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 08:22:48 PM »

Ocho Cinco was playing with a torn labrum last season.  I think the jury's out a bit considering Carson Palmer's either been hurt or routinely having his bruise-ridden body driven into the turf due to horrible protection. 

I think we spoke before about the best wr's out there.  Here's my list of receivers that are better than TO at this moment:
Larry Fitzgerald
Randy Moss
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Anquan Boldin
Brandon Marshall
those 6 are in my eyes locks as better than TO.
guys like Roddy White, Marques Colston, Steve Smith, Greg Jennings, D. Bowe, C. Johnson, and Houshmandzadeh have to be considered...that said, TO's a bona-fide solid #1 wide receiver...who is an unstable asshole.  I'd take any of those receivers as my #1 over TO...but there just aren't that many #1's floating around.

btw D, we don't know what kind of shit TO was pulling behind the scenes in Philly, so in my eyes that's all conjecture.  If it was any other player, I'd have a prob with what Donovan said, but not with TO.  He deserved every fucking word of criticism.

There's no "jury out" on Garcia's persuasion...he's straight.  TO's a vengeful shitbag, but one helluva talent...btw, as far as "talent" goes, so is Heather Kozar!  drool 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »

I agree with u on Heather Kozar!

I was saying CJ is way worse than TO as far as attitude

TO works hard and plays hard

Chad swung at a coach!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 08:34:39 PM »

I agree with u on Heather Kozar!

I was saying CJ is way worse than TO as far as attitude

TO works hard and plays hard

Chad swung at a coach!

That's true...but, put TO in the same position (say what you will about SF, PHI, and DAL) Cincinnati is a horribly run organization, TO may have swung at the owner...we'll never know.   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 08:38:43 PM »

Nah, TO is about winning. I feel he has such a passion for winning, it gets in the way

Chad Johnson is a self promoter who cares about himself more than the team.

Notice, TO acts up when the team sucks or is underachieving for the most part.

I like a guy with that kind of desire to win

Imagine u are Kobe Bryant and u only get 10 shots a game.

U are ok as long as your team is winning. but if your team has lost 10 games in a row and u are still only getting 10 shots a night. U damn well best believe u are gonna hear it.

I remember when Micheal Jordan came back to the Wizards. He planned on coming off the bench and playing about 20-25 minutes.

He got so frustrated with his team, he ended up starting and playing way over that.

T.O. is fine being a decoy as long as the team wins.

when our offense sucks and we lose and he isn't being included in the offense. I dont blame him one single bit for bitching.

now SF and Philly, OK, u know, I can concede those arguments to a degree

but Dallas, Hell, I was screaming the same shit TO was before he said it.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 10:23:12 AM »

While he played for them, the Eagles and Cowboys were combined 48-20 with TO, 2-10 without him.  But the team chemistry for those 12 games was fantastic!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 09:09:27 PM »

While he played for them, the Eagles and Cowboys were combined 48-20 with TO, 2-10 without him.  But the team chemistry for those 12 games was fantastic!

Great stat Steele that backs up my point about TO...he is a steal for $6.5 million.  One year deal...that's a no-brainer.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 06:34:38 AM »

Another jerk I'd love to see out of the NFL permanently!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 04:46:18 PM »

Another jerk I'd love to see out of the NFL permanently!

I'd prefer Plaxico having his bags packed over Ocho Cinco.
Plaxico's ass belongs in jail...yesterday!  3 years at least.  No tv.  No amenities.  3 hots and a cot.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 10:51:40 PM »

Hell, U see guys on the sidelines all the time getting heated with their coaches but everyone else is just a "GREAT competitor" whereas TO is a cancer.

U never hear TO bitch unless what the team is doing is stupid.  Dennis Rodman was the SAME way. I remember when Rodman played in SA, he became the fall guy because David Robinson was unable to be the man and take on Hakeem Olajuwon.

T.O. is now that same fall guy. If I am TO and I am getting 0 catches and my team is losing, u are damn right I am going to bitch.

when a team for 10 straight weeks, bumps me and has a safety over top and my dumb ass Offensive Coordinator cannot figure out how to move me around to counter that move, u are damn right he has a right to complain.

Yeah, but he bitched and complained even when he got the ball thrown to him more than anyone else. Stats in the Dallas Morning News showed this. The real problem was that he divided the locker room. If you are going to win a championship everyone must pull together. There is no I in team, as they say.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 02:07:08 AM »

Yeah, but he bitched and complained even when he got the ball thrown to him more than anyone else. Stats in the Dallas Morning News showed this. The real problem was that he divided the locker room. If you are going to win a championship everyone must pull together. There is no I in team, as they say.

yeah, I can agree with you on that for sure.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2009, 03:17:45 PM »

Hitler was recently told of the TO signing and he was NOT happy, to say the least.    hihi

http://www.jockandballs.com/2009/03/terrell-owens-signing-with-buffalo.html      rofl

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2009, 07:19:59 PM »

I'd prefer Plaxico having his bags packed over Ocho Cinco.
Plaxico's ass belongs in jail...yesterday!  3 years at least.  No tv.  No amenities.  3 hots and a cot.

I agree Plaxi Mad should be in jail. I'll also say, let's get rid of of them all! T.O., C.J., Plaxi Mad, and whoever else.  yes

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: