Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:11:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 185915 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #820 on: February 13, 2010, 03:50:50 PM »

"This was a dick move by the organizers to try and get back pop acts for next year, book it."

I hope not...because I want Axl performing on his 49th birthday in Dallas' stadium at the Super Bowl in 2011.   Cool

The notion of a Bouncy and the likes halftime show makes me sick. But eventually, that's exactly what's going to happen again. The Who looked old and Bruce Springsteen last year was horrible. He looked like he needed to be on life support.

In regards to this years Superbowl, I heard Peyton walked off the field without giving any congratulations to the other team. If this is in fact true, I've just lost even more respect for the guy now. Losing sucks, but you still need to walk over andcongratualte the other team and their performance just like he would have done if he had won. Poor sportsmanship without a doubt!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #821 on: February 13, 2010, 04:12:02 PM »

"This was a dick move by the organizers to try and get back pop acts for next year, book it."

I hope not...because I want Axl performing on his 49th birthday in Dallas' stadium at the Super Bowl in 2011.   Cool

The notion of a Bouncy and the likes halftime show makes me sick. But eventually, that's exactly what's going to happen again. The Who looked old and Bruce Springsteen last year was horrible. He looked like he needed to be on life support.

In regards to this years Superbowl, I heard Peyton walked off the field without giving any congratulations to the other team. If this is in fact true, I've just lost even more respect for the guy now. Losing sucks, but you still need to walk over andcongratualte the other team and their performance just like he would have done if he had won. Poor sportsmanship without a doubt!
I heard that too, but he made up some excuse about how he didn't want to ruin the Saints moment and he went out of his way to congratulate them later on.

The media hardly covered this.  Yet they have a camera zoomed in on Bill Belichick after a loss to catch him doing something wrong.  Some people get a pass for things.  And Peyton is one of them.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #822 on: February 13, 2010, 05:01:08 PM »

I heard that too, but he made up some excuse about how he didn't want to ruin the Saints moment and he went out of his way to congratulate them later on.

The media hardly covered this.  Yet they have a camera zoomed in on Bill Belichick after a loss to catch him doing something wrong.  Some people get a pass for things.  And Peyton is one of them.

Drew and Faldor, you'll kill me for this!  I was watching Oprah at the gym yesterday  Embarrassed and Drew Brees was on.  (what a cool guy).  Anyhow, he explained that it was much ado about nothing.  After the Super Bowl is over, there were hundreds, if not thousands of people swamped on the field and Brees totally understood why there couldn't be a handshake.  Peyton texted Brees after the game to congratulate him and Drew was totally cool with it.  He even commented on what a classy guy Peyton is.  I take Brees at his word.

That said, yeah, he's Peyton Manning, he got a pass on it.  Seriously, if this was McNabb, Drew and Sandman would be tearing him a new asshole right now!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #823 on: February 13, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »

Have any of u guys ever lost a big game before? U feel like shit and really don't want to be around people celebrating.

I don't blame Lebron or Peyton for just hitting the locker room.. Especially after Manning blew the game. its understandable.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #824 on: February 13, 2010, 08:48:19 PM »

Have any of u guys ever lost a big game before? U feel like shit and really don't want to be around people celebrating.

I don't blame Lebron or Peyton for just hitting the locker room.. Especially after Manning blew the game. its understandable.
I agree, but people always jump on Belichick, Moss, etc. when they do the exact same thing.  You either give everybody the benefit of the doubt or you rip all of them.  You can't pick and choose who's right and who's wrong.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #825 on: February 13, 2010, 11:20:44 PM »

I agree, but people always jump on Belichick, Moss, etc. when they do the exact same thing.  You either give everybody the benefit of the doubt or you rip all of them.  You can't pick and choose who's right and who's wrong.

Yup.  If this was Randy Moss, we'd never hear the end of it.
Yes, it feels like shit, but it's good sportsmanship to congratulate the winner.  It can be a good motivator as well.
Back when I played tennis in college, I lost to one player the entire reg. season.  I wasn't happy about it, but I shook his hand.  We met again in the Division Finals...and yes, I beat him.  Ooooh, that felt good.  yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #826 on: February 14, 2010, 12:01:22 AM »

I am an incredibly sore loser, so take that with a grain of salt.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #827 on: February 14, 2010, 02:58:56 AM »

You know it's going to be The Dixie Chicks.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #828 on: February 14, 2010, 09:52:42 AM »

No way.  I'd bet ya anything it won't be the Dixie Chicks.
I remember a halftime show that pleased everybody (no not the wardrobe malfunction) but the one with Aerosmith.  Why did it work so well?  It had a great rock band with an appearance by a very young and smokin' hot Brittney Spears (yeah, she was actually hot back then) all age groups got something in the deal.

So, in 2011, get Guns N' Fuckin' Roses out there, and then have Lady Gaga or Pink, or Carrie Underwood out there for some fun!  Everybody wins.   beer  Make it so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Cool

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #829 on: February 14, 2010, 09:55:56 AM »

They're suppose to be professionals and are paid very well. Poor sportsmanship is pathetic and inexcusable. If your going to walk over and shake the losing teams hand when you win, than grow up and do it when you lose as well. Shame on Queen James and Peyton!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #830 on: February 14, 2010, 01:06:49 PM »

I remember a halftime show that pleased everybody (no not the wardrobe malfunction) but the one with Aerosmith.  Why did it work so well?  It had a great rock band with an appearance by a very young and smokin' hot Brittney Spears (yeah, she was actually hot back then) all age groups got something in the deal.

So, in 2011, get Guns N' Fuckin' Roses out there, and then have Lady Gaga or Pink, or Carrie Underwood out there for some fun!  Everybody wins.   beer  Make it so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Cool

Axl with Lady Gaga

Please no, that would be worse than Slash and Fergie

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #831 on: February 14, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »

Axl with Lady Gaga

You didn't let me finish...Axl proceeds to punch Gaga in the face!   Grin

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #832 on: February 14, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »

Axl with Lady Gaga

You didn't let me finish...Axl proceeds to punch Gaga in the face!   Grin
Now we're talking.  hihi

I don't think the Super Bowl would take a chance on Lady Gaga.  You're guaranteed a wardrobe malfunction with her since everything she wears is a disaster.

Maybe an Axl/Elton/Gaga collaboration.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #833 on: February 14, 2010, 09:43:42 PM »

I am pretty shocked Bon JOvi have never been asked to do halftime

they did NFL season Kickoff back in 02, played after the SB the year TB won
seems logical.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #834 on: February 14, 2010, 11:37:57 PM »

I am pretty shocked Bon JOvi have never been asked to do halftime

they did NFL season Kickoff back in 02, played after the SB the year TB won
seems logical.

From a marketing standpoint, they're perfect for the SB audience.  Tame, predictable, high female appeal...perhaps the NFL's waiting for them to hit their 70's like The Who.  hihi

If I had to predict, the SB will be in Dallas next year...take this to the bank:  Carrie Underwood and/or Taylor Swift.  Throw in some country singin' crap-star in a cowboy hat and there ya go, yee-haw!    crying 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #835 on: February 15, 2010, 08:17:11 AM »

If I had to predict, the SB will be in Dallas next year...take this to the bank:  Carrie Underwood and/or Taylor Swift.  Throw in some country singin' crap-star in a cowboy hat and there ya go, yee-haw!    crying 

Still, I'd take this act any day over the no talent, hip hop garbage that's so popular today.

I'd like to see Bon Jovi do the halftime performance as well as GN'R.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #836 on: February 15, 2010, 07:13:30 PM »

Still, I'd take this act any day over the no talent, hip hop garbage that's so popular today.

I'd like to see Bon Jovi do the halftime performance as well as GN'R.

Totally agreed Drew.   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: