Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:05:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247410 times)
ATmagnum
Opening Act

« Reply #340 on: March 23, 2009, 09:22:29 AM »

I'm curious exactly what role DJ Ashba had with Motley Crue for Saints of Los Angeles.  Doesn't Nikki Sixx write most of Motley Crue's songs, and doesn't Mick Mars play all of the guitar parts?  That album was pretty good, in my opinion, but I'm just not sure how DJ Ashba fit in.

I liked Robin a lot, but I guess I had a gut feeling this was coming sooner or later.  I hope the DJ Ashba era makes the band even better than before.
maria
Opening Act

« Reply #341 on: March 23, 2009, 09:54:17 AM »

I like this guy!! Very good and beautiful.. Wink WELCOME DJ !!  ok
and he's on myspace: www.myspace.com/djashba
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #342 on: March 23, 2009, 10:00:10 AM »

I'm curious exactly what role DJ Ashba had with Motley Crue for Saints of Los Angeles.  Doesn't Nikki Sixx write most of Motley Crue's songs, and doesn't Mick Mars play all of the guitar parts?  That album was pretty good, in my opinion, but I'm just not sure how DJ Ashba fit in.

I liked Robin a lot, but I guess I had a gut feeling this was coming sooner or later.  I hope the DJ Ashba era makes the band even better than before.
He's got quite a few writing credits on the album.  10 out of 13 songs, all except MF of the Year, This Ain't A Love Song, and The Animal In Me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_of_Los_Angeles

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #343 on: March 23, 2009, 10:28:08 AM »

This dude was born in Monticello, IN, which is about a 30 min drive from Lafayette, IN.  He didn't live there long, but I just think it's a little interesting. 

With Axl, Izzy, Tobias, and now Ashba, our little corn fed area of Indiana has put a pretty large stamp on Gn'R.  I wonder if that had anything to do with the decision?  Very, very doubtful, but Axl seems to still have a spot for these parts?

Chicago 11/15/11
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #344 on: March 23, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »

I Must say I'm pretty excited how DJ has already shown his association with GNR on his website, this is a good sign, its cool when members of your band are proud of the fact they are in the band and want to be proactive and support and promote it.

Even though everyone knows this is axls thing and in the end what he wants goes but Its no secret that certain past/present? members seemed to downplay there association/involvement with the band other than when they were on stage, like as if it were "just another job" than an allegiance or a team effort. Most noticeably in the past with Bucket and Finck  Brain. I must say I prefer Franks on stage and off stage enthusiasm over that of brain as well, not to mention he plays the hell out of the songs. If you dont want to be in the band for the right reasons then dont be there its just that simple, as is what we have seen with finck, if his heart isn't in it then I thank him for leaving.

I really like the DJ's  enthusiasm and no doubt that enthusiasm will transcend to the stage and we will get one hell of kick ass live show from GNR in 09 and beyond.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #345 on: March 23, 2009, 11:12:29 AM »

If Axl made Ron use a Les Paul, maybe he does the same with Ashba...

This guy has to pull of not only Slash's but ALSO Finck's solos (the original ones on Chinese Democracy album) perfectly, or Finck fans will hate him just as much as I hate Finck....
I don't think he needs to play perfectly. In fact, I'd rather have him playing in his own style than just copying the others.

Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #346 on: March 23, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »

Good grief, he certainly doesn't look much like a rocker, does he?  What ever happened to long hair and leather jackets? hihi

Meh, not so keen on his playing, which is of course more important, but we'll see how he does in the band before we judge him on his daft hairdo.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #347 on: March 23, 2009, 11:54:48 AM »

I'm just concerned with the solo from TIL. If he can pull that off close to the original, I'll be all set.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #348 on: March 23, 2009, 12:17:35 PM »

This dude was born in Monticello, IN, which is about a 30 min drive from Lafayette, IN.  He didn't live there long, but I just think it's a little interesting. 

With Axl, Izzy, Tobias, and now Ashba, our little corn fed area of Indiana has put a pretty large stamp on Gn'R.  I wonder if that had anything to do with the decision?  Very, very doubtful, but Axl seems to still have a spot for these parts?

also Shannon Hoon

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #349 on: March 23, 2009, 12:43:54 PM »

I don't think he needs to play perfectly. In fact, I'd rather have him playing in his own style than just copying the others.

ditto. GNR's always evolving rather than preserving itself.
Good grief, he certainly doesn't look much like a rocker, does he?

heard of his name for quite sometimes thought he was a fashionable dj till recently. hihi
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #350 on: March 23, 2009, 01:10:34 PM »

Do you have a link to this Voodoo?
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #351 on: March 23, 2009, 01:24:06 PM »

also Shannon Hoon

also Mike Staggs (who plays the additional guitar on TSI? track "Ain't It Fun")
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #352 on: March 23, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »

I'm just concerned with the solo from TIL. If he can pull that off close to the original, I'll be all set.

I don't think that would be much of a problem

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #353 on: March 23, 2009, 01:33:13 PM »

I don't think that would be much of a problem

It's myfavorite solo on CD and to play it with the same feeling would be difficult I would think.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #354 on: March 23, 2009, 01:33:24 PM »

I'm sure he'll be able to pull it off just fine, it's not a difficult solo.  This guy can play guitar really well, and he looks (to me) a lot tighter than Robin, I wouldn't worry about his abilities too much.  

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #355 on: March 23, 2009, 01:37:01 PM »

supposition i guess.

To say If some songs made Ron use a certain type of guitar, maybe they will do the same to dj....do i need a source?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #356 on: March 23, 2009, 01:46:54 PM »

supposition i guess.

To say If some songs made Ron use a certain type of guitar, maybe they will do the same to dj....do i need a source?

The songs making him use one, and Axl making him use one are 2 very different things
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #357 on: March 23, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »

Wow, the minisite of Guns N Roses in the Ashba web it's really really good. I like it a lot, design, music...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #358 on: March 23, 2009, 01:52:22 PM »

supposition i guess.

The songs making him use one, and Axl making him use one are 2 very different things

yea but I think he really meant 'IF'...his point being Ron wasn't a huge les paul user before joining the band either.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #359 on: March 23, 2009, 02:01:58 PM »

supposition i guess.

yea but I think he really meant 'IF'...his point being Ron wasn't a huge les paul user before joining the band either.

Well then 'IF' thats the case, gotcha  hihi  ok
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: