Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:42:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247468 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #740 on: April 30, 2009, 06:52:23 PM »

I certainly hope that you don't put on a record (or mp3) and think about what the performer looks like....  hihi

/jarmo

No, but I don't go to a show and close my eyes either. Considering that Ashba is a touring guitarist and not on the album, it does make some difference.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ben9785
« Reply #741 on: April 30, 2009, 06:54:09 PM »

I don't feel its fair to try to assume that we are 'bashing' somebody being in GNR just because of his look or his guitar. I know it's probably silly or whatever but it's a forum here after all, the topic is here so we are sharing thoughts. If moderators don't appreciate the nature of conversation, then just delete it and we'll leave it at that.

Anyway it's nothing personal to this guy. Same kind of point as Ellen Degeneres' Breath made - I make similar judgement about people I see walking down the street who look and dress like this. It's a personal observation.

At the end of the day I support him being in the band because he is helping them go forward to the next step, which is touring I guess.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #742 on: April 30, 2009, 07:21:42 PM »

No, but I don't go to a show and close my eyes either. Considering that Ashba is a touring guitarist and not on the album, it does make some difference.

Well if this discussion was about a GN'R show, then I could see your point. But it's not...

Regarding the whole thing about making comments about somebody's looks, many of you don't posts pictures of yourselves online either...

So I guess it's easy to comment on others' pictures and make fun of their looks as long as nobody can do it to you.  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:23:23 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ben9785
« Reply #743 on: April 30, 2009, 07:28:47 PM »

I wasn't making fun of him? It was an observation regarding this style which is just a popular fashion/trend, which I dislike overall.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #744 on: April 30, 2009, 07:29:47 PM »

I wasn't making fun of him? It was an observation regarding this style which is just a popular fashion/trend, which I dislike overall.

I was making a general statement about people on the Internet.

Sorry.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #745 on: April 30, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »

Well, anyways, as much as I don't love his style, I didn't think his guitar that bad. And regarding his whole style, it's not that far from Richard IMO.

Anyways, I'm glad he got a Les Paul (I assume it's for his new "job"). And he got the pickup selector next to the volume button, just like stratos/peaveys (and Robin's one, altough I think it was a coincidence, it was just a matter of how he was used to play in a different layout).

4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #746 on: April 30, 2009, 10:41:05 PM »

Well, anyways, as much as I don't love his style, I didn't think his guitar that bad. And regarding his whole style, it's not that far from Richard IMO.

yeah, but Richard has more class when he plays. This kind of Guitar hero aura, you know. Sorry, but DJ Ashba doesn't have this Star power factor.
Richard is much more of a Leader. I believe he is the #1 Guitarist in the band now.

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #747 on: April 30, 2009, 11:01:08 PM »

Smiley I love all of you  love take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdqFVhWlgl0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSW5aOib6dw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XfOjGmK2Hc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MJLpWT5jnY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ffL2FjUDGU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGejSvb91lI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPtAcBTCIHQ&feature=related

and so on ....  love
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:17:41 PM by angeles » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #748 on: May 01, 2009, 11:26:44 AM »

I like the new guitar. 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #749 on: May 01, 2009, 01:47:51 PM »

I like the new guitar. 

thanks god i'm not alone.
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #750 on: May 01, 2009, 02:12:26 PM »

I don't know why people take it so personally, it's okay to not like SOMETHING about your favorite band.

Because it's kinda silly?

Here we have a bunch of male fans talking about how they dislike the way another male looks. That's the most interesting thing you can come up with to talk about? Really?  Huh

I certainly hope that you don't put on a record (or mp3) and think about what the performer looks like....  hihi

/jarmo

I don't think it's silly at all to care about what the members of my favorite band look like. I can't believe that you would say it's silly to care what a rockstar looks like. First of all, I was commenting about the guys guitar, not him.  I did in an earlier post, and I stand by what I said. Second, GNR got popular in the MTV generation. Music videos, (where one can see what someone looks like) style and image were a big part their rise to stardom. And personally, I don't like the look that the dude has cultivated for himself.  I will say that this is something that I can totally get over. I hated the way that Bucket looked. Didn't seem Guns to me at all. But the guy won me over with his play, and I am excited for DJ to get the chance to do the same thing.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #751 on: May 01, 2009, 02:22:27 PM »

Sometimes image and looks are everything and the music is secondary.

In GN'R's case, I hope you can see beyond the looks...

Because GN'R has always been the kind of band that does what they want.

You should be happy that the band isn't pigeon holed in that sense. That a member of the band has to wear a certain outfit because it's required when you join the band etc.

/jarmo

SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #752 on: May 01, 2009, 02:48:45 PM »

Sometimes image and looks are everything and the music is secondary.

In GN'R's case, I hope you can see beyond the looks...

Because GN'R has always been the kind of band that does what they want.

You should be happy that the band isn't pigeon holed in that sense. That a member of the band has to wear a certain outfit because it's required when you join the band etc.

/jarmo

That IS true. I am glad in that respect. well played. And of course I can see beyond the looks. I would be sad for anyone who had a favorite band based entirely on looks.
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #753 on: May 01, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »

I think the guitar and DJ look totally amazing. In my opinion his style is the best out there. I actually think people who don't have the "goth/glam" style that he does aren't trying hard enough. Everything else in my opinion is lame. Like that one person said earlier "If someone who looked like that walked down the street I would laugh at them". You just don't like anything that differs from yourself I guess.
Be different, be dark, because that's all there is.

$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #754 on: May 01, 2009, 04:04:33 PM »

I think the guitar and DJ look totally amazing. In my opinion his style is the best out there. I actually think people who don't have the "goth/glam" style that he does aren't trying hard enough. Everything else in my opinion is lame. Like that one person said earlier "If someone who looked like that walked down the street I would laugh at them". You just don't like anything that differs from yourself I guess.

i honestly cant tell if your joking or not Huh

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #755 on: May 01, 2009, 07:40:14 PM »

i honestly cant tell if your joking or not Huh

I wasn't joking. It looks weird cause I couldn't find a way to write what I was thinking but I stand by it.

Like I try to dress and look differently like DJ does but it really is hard to keep up with. So if you can I say do it.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #756 on: May 01, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »

what is all this discussion about DJ Ashba's look??? I am baffled by this.  He looks like a rock star is supposed to look in 2009...get with the program.  Did anyone think Robin looked normal?  Who gives a shit?  I dont care if they get the fucking kid from the Jonas Brothers to fill in on guitar, as long as they tour!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #757 on: May 04, 2009, 03:33:54 PM »

Who gives a rats ass how either he or his guitar looks?

Sorry, just popped in and checked the new guitarist wikapedia page.

Seems like a hardworking and talented guy.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #758 on: May 04, 2009, 05:01:12 PM »

I like the new guitar. 

thanks god i'm not alone.
yeah it's a lot better then ron's old one Tongue
axlsbrain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #759 on: May 04, 2009, 08:07:39 PM »

I think a lot of the negative things that have been posted in this thread about Ashba (his look, playing ability, and songwriting) are observational and opinionated............but they may be rooted in the fact that the fans of this band really wish Robin Finck was an active and willing member of GnR.  I know Robin is still officially in the band, but the fact that he is not touring with them raises a lot of red flags.  I'm not a monster Robin Finck fan, but I do know that the guy can play, and that he fits this band almost perfectly with those bluesy solo's and energy in concert. 

I understand why the band had to get a new guitarist, and I agree with the decision.  If Robin does not want to be a part of this tour, the show must go on, and a new guitarist is needed.  I get that.  But I do believe that its going to be hard for ashba to win over fans because Robin was a pefect fit, and we all liked him. 

DJ Ashba or Robin Finck?  What do you guys think?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: