Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:15:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler Interview: Appetite For Rehabilitation
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler Interview: Appetite For Rehabilitation  (Read 16402 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 05:51:44 PM »

I love the balls this guy has to talk shit about "Chinese Democracy", and how delusional he is to think that him being out of the band is the reason the records have sold less since "Appetite"...what a fucking clown.  I really don't have any words for this waste of life anymore..it is sad..you think he would keep his mouth shut after completely embarrassing himself on national television in that stupid rehab show, but now he comes out with this bullshit.  Only Steven Adler could be so useless to not even use his GNR fame to start up a decent band and get some recognition like Slash and Duff did with VR...Instead of that he keeps playing dive bars with shit musicians butchering GNR classics.  You would think with GNR on his resume he would have landed in a somewhat decent band by now.  Fuckin loser...

+1

ok

Yea I have to agree.   All he does in the media is whine about Axl and Guns and how much he wishes Axl would just be a nice guy and let him back in the band..   Its the same shit, different interview.   

We get it Steven.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 06:11:38 PM »

I thought Matt was a lot better than Steven, imo

I don't think there's any question about that, but I just don't think he was a good "fit" in that era
of GNR.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 10:22:22 PM »

I just dont agree Jim Bob

if u could point to something awesome/out of this world Brain or Frank has done Id could maybe agree with u, but if u listen to CD's drumming and AFD's drumming...... I am sorry but Appetites pisses all over CD's drumming.

As a Drummer I have to say you couldn't be more wrong with regards to Brain, Frank, or Josh. The groove in " If the World" is kiiler, that bass drum just drives that song home. And then listen to Better, the bridge and chorus drum lines gives that song that extra punch.  Riad N' The Bedouins ( not my favorite song ) has some very cool drum licks as well. The demo version of Catcher in the Rye (which sounds like Josh) has a really cool drum beat during the chorus and some badass fills as well. With the exception of a couple songs there are certain drums licks that stand out for me.

As for Alder well he had some great drum parts in AFD, WTJ, and Brownstone most notiabily. But there's nothing there that makes me go wow, this guy is great.

And yes I know he has that loosey goosey swagger but I find he's too sloopy at the same time.  You wanna hear a guy with swagger,  Topper Headon ( The Clash) is the man.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 02:45:59 AM »

Does Steven's unhealthy obsession with the fact that he played drums on AFD remind anyone else of Al Bundy and his 4 touchdowns in one game?  hihi
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 07:34:12 AM »

Steven behavior is really sad. I really like Steven in AFD era and I never like Matt. But now Steven is full of shit.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 01:12:28 PM »

If they are playing mostly what Steven wrote though................ See that doesn't count.

come on we are talking about drumming here..it is one step up from playing the kazoo(thanks Dave Mustaine)..seriously what Steven "wrote"?  come on...

Let me see...flip flip....
Brain wrote shacklers and sorry
Josh wrote Chinese

Steven wrote...what song?

Time was when he had his own good feel tho.

Drums are very important. That's why a good band needs a good drummer, not a fucked up one.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 01:28:17 PM »

steven's fucked up now, but no one can ever deny the drumming on AFD, that's classic shit
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 01:31:04 PM »

Does Steven's unhealthy obsession with the fact that he played drums on AFD remind anyone else of Al Bundy and his 4 touchdowns in one game?  hihi

Ok, I have to admit...this REALLY made me laugh....

hihi
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:33:08 PM by lostdream » Logged

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 07:15:45 AM »

the fuck do you mean it doesn't count?   is Frank not the guy up on that stage playing the drums?   Frank could have just as easily been the guy behind the kit during AFD and nothing would have changed.

My going to a show and enjoying it has nothing to do with who wrote what.     That takes the fun and enjoyment out of just being there and experiencing GnR live.   I don't give a fuck who wrote what.

Totally missing the point of what musicians are all about.  I play guitar.  Just cos i can play "sweet child o mine" doesnt mean I can write guitar riffs that good.  The point is that Steven was a great drummer on an album that sold so well!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 06:44:38 PM »

haha Yes!! 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 07:05:44 PM »

the fuck do you mean it doesn't count?   is Frank not the guy up on that stage playing the drums?   Frank could have just as easily been the guy behind the kit during AFD and nothing would have changed.

My going to a show and enjoying it has nothing to do with who wrote what.     That takes the fun and enjoyment out of just being there and experiencing GnR live.   I don't give a fuck who wrote what.

Totally missing the point of what musicians are all about.  I play guitar.  Just cos i can play "sweet child o mine" doesnt mean I can write guitar riffs that good.  The point is that Steven was a great drummer on an album that sold so well!

what does song writing have to do with live performance?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 07:47:16 PM »

"He should have called it ?WAR.? W-A-R. W. Axl Rose... " "They go double platinum in the first week."

interesting comments. He thinks the band name's hurting the sales.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 09:53:18 AM »

Yeah, I can see him sitting on the couch with his hand down the front of his pants too  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 07:55:31 PM »

what does song writing have to do with live performance?

well, it would seem pretty obvious before a song is played live; it has to be written.....you can't have the live performance of the song w/out the writing
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: