Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:19:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The "I don't like three guitar players in the band because I don't get it" thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "I don't like three guitar players in the band because I don't get it" thread  (Read 28454 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 06:45:05 PM »

dont forget lynyrd skynyrd!!!

html sucks
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 07:04:28 PM »

And you didn't change.

/jarmo

Did you?

If you expect me to accept the 3 guitar players thing, trust me, you can wait forever  Smiley
Now, this is your role to accept that people have diferent opinions. This is something called... life.

You see Jarmo, there isn't one truth, one though,one way of thinking.

If you ask Slash, I'm sure he will tell you GN'R don't need 3 guitar players. If you ask Axl, he will tell you GN'R need 3 guitar players.
And if you ask the band... welll... I know the answer for several of them...do you?
And if you ak the fans... well... read the forums, not only this one but also other ones... I know the answer.... do you?

Axl is alone against everybody on this one. Accept he can be wrong. If you don't, accept people can think he is wrong  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 07:07:57 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »

Now, this is your role to accept that people have diferent opinions. This is something called... life.

What's with this "different opinions" excuse? You're still acting the same way you did when you got banned. It has nothing to do with your opinion, it has more to do with how you act.

I don't need to accept people who who got banned because they acted like morons and come back still acting like morons.

So stop blaming "different opinions", it's about your personality and your problem with respecting others.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 07:41:35 PM »

tbh.

If you dont like having  3 guitar players. Then you dont have to watch the shows. You have have to get the bootlegs from the eras in which they use 3 guitar players.

you can quite easily live off old bootlegs of previous line ups.

I can appreciate if you constructively talked about having 3 guitar players spoiling the music on CD and why.

But how it makes the live show bad, and they cant be "superstars". Come on man, thats just dumb!!!

html sucks
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 07:50:03 PM »

What's with this "different opinions" excuse? You're still acting the same way you did when you got banned. It has nothing to do with your opinion, it has more to do with how you act.

I don't need to accept people who who got banned because they acted like morons and come back still acting like morons.

So stop blaming "different opinions", it's about your personality and your problem with respecting others.

/jarmo

That's wrong.

I respect others and others respect me. However, because I have a diffrent opinion, an opinion that goes against the guy who employs you, then you, and only you, don't respect me.

There's a sense. It's you against me, not me against the others or even me against you. Really. If you want to litterally FORCE me to accept any Axl's decision, then forget that, because in my humble opinion, Axl is wrong.

It's easy to threaten people of ban when you don't agree with them... I didn't insult anyone here.

Stop seeing problems that don't exist.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 08:00:46 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 08:00:15 PM »

Dude. Everyone knows Jarmos opinions.

Why the hell do you even bother getting personal over it. Let it go.

html sucks
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 08:01:39 PM »

Dude. Everyone knows Jarmos opinions.

Why the hell do you even bother getting personal over it. Let it go.

Yeah, after all I think you are right. Good post.

I'll let it go, whatever.  Tongue

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 08:40:57 PM »

It's easy to threaten people of ban when you don't agree with them... I didn't insult anyone here.

You insulted me. That's when you act like a moron.

I made a reply about the three guitarists thing and you made your reply to be about me.

That's not very clever of you.

Instead of respecting my opinion, you try to come up with some shit about me. I'm not one of the three guitar players, I have nothing to do with the topic. Yet you feel the need to bring me up, time after time.

That's the fucking problem, that according to you does not exist.

Now, should we talk about you and your man crush om Richard? No, of course not.

Next time you try to make a topic to be about me, I will kick you the fuck out.

I haven't forgotten what you did last time you were banned so don't fucking act all "respectful".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 08:58:37 PM »

I am a very amateur guitar player...more like a guitar noise producer...I tuned my guitar, adjusted my amp, and could not figure out how to copy GnR's 'sound'...only recently have I found that the 'something extra' is the layered effect of 2-3 guitarists playing the same riff...it is definately a more rich, whole sound.  This made me focus on that effect much more - and now it really jumps out when I hear 'mono' bands like Aerosmith.  Keep up the great work GnR.   ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 12:10:17 AM »

I respect others and others respect me.

Who is this mystery person/people?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 11:12:59 PM »

that's not a soundboard =P

It's better sound quality than "Boston 02"....  Tongue

you got no idea what you're talking about, or maybe you are confusing Boston 2002 with another show.

the Boston 2002 audio has probably the best quality of ALL the GNR bootlegs, all lineups.

we have got a 100% genuine lossless / complete / digital soundboard recording from Boston 2002

the bootleg you mentioned is not even a soundboard recording.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 08:04:21 AM »

Actually, the Boston 2002 bootleg released by GNR.us team got mixed with some crowd noise to make it sounding fatter. I'd say the Pittsburgh 2002 one sounds cleaner IMHO. Smiley

And yeah, I guess people think the word "soundboard" means quality and not the source. Tongue

4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 06:37:07 PM »

Message for Jarmo : Listen man, I'm not here for an internet fight. I have other things to do in my life than to have a dispute on the internet. I hope you also have much more important things to do in your life too. don't you? So whatever. Think what you want about me, you will not change my mind. Deal with it. Not so much to argue about.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:52:02 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 04:13:44 AM »

The problem is not Ashba, he's a good guy, it's Axl's choices over the years. He goes against the fans, and most important, against the band.
There are people in the band for years, like Fortus, but Axl brings another guy to take his place and to neutralize him. It's very political. He doesn't let anyone to be too important. This is EXACTLY the same thing Axl did years ago by bringing Paul Tobias in order to reduce Slash's influence in the band.

It's like if you're working in a company for 7 years, you prooved you can be a manager and be important in the society, but your boss just recruit another guy who is just here to take your place. That's what happened with Robin and he left. He was there for years, but the more time pasted, the less he was given. I'm afraid it's going to be the same with Richard. Why DJ Ashba when you already have Richard Fortus? is it to push him to leave the band or what? Richard is there, he prooved he is good, why doesn't Axl put his trust in him?

Once again, the 3 guitar players thing is just an Axl's thing. Nobody is really convinced it's necessary but him. He is alone. And he is more than alone when on top of that he recruits other players to take the place of the players who are already there. Nobody really understands what the hell he is doing. Believe me, many bandmembers are scratching their heads. They don't understand and they feel frustrated and betrayed.

Expect other departures in the future.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 04:22:16 AM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2009, 04:21:42 AM »

Once again, the 3 guitar players thing is just an Axl's thing. Nobody is really convinced it's necessary but him. He is alone.

It's Axl's band, he can do whatever the fuck he wants.  Thats really the end of the story.  I saw the new line-up 6 times over the past few years.  In the front row 4 of those times, I have no complaints about what he is doing with the line-up.  They are awesome.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2009, 12:07:13 PM »

Oh boy...

There are people in the band for years, like Fortus, but Axl brings another guy to take his place and to neutralize him. It's very political. He doesn't let anyone to be too important. This is EXACTLY the same thing Axl did years ago by bringing Paul Tobias in order to reduce Slash's influence in the band.
Paul Tobias was there to replace Izzy, not Slash. Slash wanted to work alone rather than writing with someone who could bring good guitars. And maybe you should start to realise how not only Axl, but a lot of people don't think much about your hero.

It's like if you're working in a company for 7 years, you prooved you can be a manager and be important in the society, but your boss just recruit another guy who is just here to take your place. That's what happened with Robin and he left. He was there for years, but the more time pasted, the less he was given. I'm afraid it's going to be the same with Richard. Why DJ Ashba when you already have Richard Fortus? is it to push him to leave the band or what? Richard is there, he prooved he is good, why doesn't Axl put his trust in him?
Maybe he's a good performer but not writer in Axl's view? IMO, Richard is good, but just like a lot of random session musicians out there.

Once again, the 3 guitar players thing is just an Axl's thing. Nobody is really convinced it's necessary but him. He is alone.
Love how you just assume your opinion is the same as the rest of the world. Talk for yourself only, please.

And he is more than alone when on top of that he recruits other players to take the place of the players who are already there. Nobody really understands what the hell he is doing. Believe me, many bandmembers are scratching their heads. They don't understand and they feel frustrated and betrayed.

That's why Richard left when the album was released, huh? Roll Eyes

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »

The problem is not Ashba, he's a good guy, it's Axl's choices over the years. He goes against the fans, and most important, against the band.

Once again, the 3 guitar players thing is just an Axl's thing. Nobody is really convinced it's necessary but him. He is alone. And he is more than alone when on top of that he recruits other players to take the place of the players who are already there. Nobody really understands what the hell he is doing. Believe me, many bandmembers are scratching their heads. They don't understand and they feel frustrated and betrayed.

Stop talking like you speak for everyone and that you have knowledge about what goes on behind the scenes.  You are full of shit.

Seriously, do us all a favor and unplug your computer right now.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »

The problem is ...... blah blah blah
yack yack yack

Stop seeing problems that don't exist.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2009, 03:20:47 PM »

50 posts and this guy floods the place with crap and insults