Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 06:17:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 31337 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2009, 10:54:25 PM »

somehow this thread has turned into something it isn't

we never said Creed is the greatest band to ever pick up instruments or that they are the greatest band of the 90's

They are one of my favorite bands of the 90's however and I think it is wrong to put them in the same category as nickelback and 3 Doors Down and those completely terrible bands.

Creed have great guitar work, nice lyrics, good message and their songs are very big and are ABOUT something. I think people can't separate their hate for Scott Stapp from the music.

I've never been an AIC fan, i think they are one of the most overrated bands ever. that is just my opinion though.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
alex420gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2009, 11:47:48 PM »

I have seen both Tremonti and Cantrell on stage live

Cantrell blows him away and he can sing and write great songs - Tremonti doesn't even come close

Creed released 3 albums then puts out a shitty greatest hits -

I don't get the whole "message" line...Have you ever seen the behind the music on Creed - Stapp pontificates saying how he was saved - 2 years later he is popping pills and colapses on stage- highly unprofessional - at least don't schtick on being saved then video tape yourself getting blown on a tour bus

This tour will sell ok, but that doesn't mean anything - these guys are almost as bad as Staind- and I hate them The epitomy of why 1999 was a bad year for music - need I say more?

Jarmo - please lock this thread - my blood pressure is rising
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2009, 12:24:15 AM »

Im glad u think life is so easy that people of faith somehow get a free pass through life. Scott got injured in a car accident and he got prescribed really powerful pain medication and he, like so many others got hooked on it.

Even Religious people fall down, but it is how u get back up that matters.

I'll take that over some other bands who frontmen were too weak and killed themselves.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2009, 03:39:21 AM »

You listen to Creed and think some of the most influential bands of the 70s are the worst three bands of all time. Enough said.

/jarmo

Thats a little unfair.  You are only going to judge my opinion on music based on 1 band I happen to like, not even love, just like.  So I will say what I usually say when people question my musical tastes on this board, My top 3 bands absolutley blow the doors off of anything you can mention, lyrically, musically, integrity wise, you  name it.. Guns N Roses, Metallica and Megadeth.  If you are going to judge my opinion on music I would rather you at least judge me on the 3 bands I am the most passionate about, and that are truly inspirational to me, not Creed!  Those 3 bands have it all.  I will stack my top 3  up against anyone, anytime, anywhere.

And I am not one of the ones who wishes the 80's never ended.  Why would I? Metallica, Megadeth and GNR are successful no matter what decade it is..especially Metallica..biggest hard rock/metal band to ever walk the earth.... Grin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2009, 07:06:56 AM »

I'll take that over some other bands who frontmen were too weak and killed themselves.

I'd have to disagree with saying Cobain was "weak" (I assume you were referencing Nirvana... Tongue). I think there were lots of things that led him to kill himself, not just trying to escape fame.

Not that this is a huge part of this discussion, I just felt the need to comment there. Cheesy I'm a fan of Nirvana so it's kinda annoying when people dismiss Kurt Cobain as a "pussy" or whatever, just because he killed himself. I know you didn't say that, but I see it now and again....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2009, 07:50:14 AM »

I'd have to disagree with saying Cobain was "weak" (I assume you were referencing Nirvana... Tongue). I think there were lots of things that led him to kill himself, not just trying to escape fame.

Not that this is a huge part of this discussion, I just felt the need to comment there. Cheesy I'm a fan of Nirvana so it's kinda annoying when people dismiss Kurt Cobain as a "pussy" or whatever, just because he killed himself. I know you didn't say that, but I see it now and again....
He was weak enough to let his addiction beat him.

At least Nikki Sixx died twice and still fought long enough to manage to get sober.

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2009, 08:13:43 AM »

^I guess drugs like heroin just affect everyone to different extents.

Speaking of which, I have The Heroin Diaries and I've still not got around to reading it! Shocked

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2009, 08:19:30 AM »

^I guess drugs like heroin just affect everyone to different extents.

Speaking of which, I have The Heroin Diaries and I've still not got around to reading it! Shocked
Give it a read man. Its a great story considering its built up off old diary pages.

html sucks
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2009, 08:43:34 AM »

FUCK YES

I love this band.

rofl

Just so I don't get negative karma for a smiley only post, here's some text...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2009, 08:46:22 AM »

A lot of people just remind me of shit in high school

I had a friend that like 4 months before Nirvana got huge was sharing Bon Jovi tapes with me.

I bought Nevermind and Ten and loved them but still loved my Bon Jovi

This guy though, I asked him something about Bon Jovi and he was like "oh dude, they suck blah blah blah. i was like 3 4 months ago u were sharing tapes with me.

Same as this other poser fuck

one year he gives himself the nickname "Axl"  6 months later he is wearing flannel and dressing like Eddie Vedder

I just hate people like that. Like what u like and who gives a shit.

I don't let what is "cool" dictate what I like.

I love Pink Floyd but I can sing a long to Poison with the best of them. I don't care about some ridiculous musical "Credibility" bullshit

You calling me a poser fuck?

You listen and love the biggest poser fuck of all time so that is ironic that you'd call anyone that.

I went through my teen years listening to all the hair scene.  I liked it well enough at the time but there was never a real connection with it other than GnR and the Crue.  But I did connect with bands that were out of the mainstream at that time like Metallica or Jane's Addiction.

It cracks me up to see everyone bash the Grunge scene.  GnR were one of the pioneers of Grunge, they helped kill all the shit bands like Slaughter and Winger just as much as Nirvana did.

So when I heard music with a realness to it in the 90s I turned my back on the 80s fluff.  Just like your friend did.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2009, 11:31:45 AM »

D makes the best points right there.

Although....you should apply the same reasoning to Nickelback and give there albums a chance!!!!

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2009, 12:32:55 PM »

A lot of people just remind me of shit in high school

I had a friend that like 4 months before Nirvana got huge was sharing Bon Jovi tapes with me.

I bought Nevermind and Ten and loved them but still loved my Bon Jovi

This guy though, I asked him something about Bon Jovi and he was like "oh dude, they suck blah blah blah. i was like 3 4 months ago u were sharing tapes with me.

Same as this other poser fuck

one year he gives himself the nickname "Axl"  6 months later he is wearing flannel and dressing like Eddie Vedder

I just hate people like that. Like what u like and who gives a shit.

I don't let what is "cool" dictate what I like.

I love Pink Floyd but I can sing a long to Poison with the best of them. I don't care about some ridiculous musical "Credibility" bullshit

You calling me a poser fuck?

You listen and love the biggest poser fuck of all time so that is ironic that you'd call anyone that.

I went through my teen years listening to all the hair scene.  I liked it well enough at the time but there was never a real connection with it other than GnR and the Crue.  But I did connect with bands that were out of the mainstream at that time like Metallica or Jane's Addiction.

It cracks me up to see everyone bash the Grunge scene.  GnR were one of the pioneers of Grunge, they helped kill all the shit bands like Slaughter and Winger just as much as Nirvana did.

So when I heard music with a realness to it in the 90s I turned my back on the 80s fluff.  Just like your friend did.

HAHA NO NO

I was referencing a poser fuck from high school who use to call himself Axl and then started dressing like Vedder once they got popular.

not u.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2009, 12:33:54 PM »

D makes the best points right there.

Although....you should apply the same reasoning to Nickelback and give there albums a chance!!!!

I have listened to Nickelback and they are fucking terrible. i like that song "Photograph" but thats it.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2009, 03:07:23 PM »

Soundgarden wrote a song about Scott Stapp. 

Can anyone guess which song?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2009, 03:13:41 PM »

Pretty sure Soundgarden were long broken up by the time Stapp came on to the scene.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »

No Attention off of Down on the Upside?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2009, 03:45:25 PM »

Jesus Christ Pose!

Pretty sure Soundgarden were long broken up by the time Stapp came on to the scene.

They were psychic.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2009, 04:03:45 PM »

I thought a Big Dumb Sex reference was forthcoming...

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2009, 04:29:08 PM »

Jesus Christ Pose!

They were psychic.

They could have at least warned us all!!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2009, 04:35:43 PM »

GnR were one of the pioneers of Grunge...

Ah, revisionist history once again...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: