Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:34:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler to guest on That Metal Show
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler to guest on That Metal Show  (Read 4042 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« on: June 02, 2010, 12:55:25 AM »

Along with Chip Z'Nuff.  The episode airs this Saturday (June 5) on VH1 Classic at 11pm.  It should be available online a few days afterward.  I'd assume they'll plug their upcoming dates, but the promos for the show focus on Steven talking about GNR.  They ask him about a reunion and why Axl and Slash don't get along.  Steven answers, "well, Axl is Axl.  And Axl is Axl.  Did I mention, Axl is Axl?"  I'm sure he'll have more to say than that.  Unfortunately though the interviews are usually pretty short on the show since they have to squeeze all their programming into a half hour.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
axl4ever
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 01:32:48 AM »

I saw it and he praised Axl (LOL).  He said that Axl was one of the top 4 frontmen of all time and that he (Steven) is all for a reunion. 
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:13:32 PM »

They also debated which hard rock album is the best: AFD or Back in Black.

It was a pretty entertaining interview. Steven had nothing but praise for Axl. They also talked about Steven playing on Slash's album, Steven's upcoming autobiography (which I knew nothing about, but look forward to), the usual reunion questions, Adler's Appetite, etc., etc.

Steven always comes across as a very likable guy, even though, as he says, he's only working on "two or three brain cells."

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 08:43:32 PM »

Yeah he was quite complimentary towards Axl and diplomatic when answering any questions about him.  Smart move for him.  The episode is up on VH1 Classic's website to view.

http://www.vh1classic.com/view/playlist/1640940/525347/That_Metal_Show_Season_5_Episode_4_Steven_Adler_amp_Chip_Z_Nuff/That_Metal_Show_Season_5_Episode_4_Steven_Adler_amp_Chip_Z_Nuff_Part_1/index.jhtml

http://www.vh1classic.com/view/playlist/1640940/525354/That_Metal_Show_Season_5_Episode_4_Steven_Adler_amp_Chip_Z_Nuff/That_Metal_Show_Season_5_Episode_4_Steven_Adler_amp_Chip_Z_Nuff_Part_2/index.jhtml

http://www.vh1classic.com/view/playlist/1640940/525355/That_Metal_Show_Season_5_Episode_4_Steven_Adler_amp_Chip_Z_Nuff/That_Metal_Show_Season_5_Episode_4_Steven_Adler_amp_Chip_Z_Nuff_Part_3/index.jhtml
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:48:41 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 09:10:52 PM »

Thanks.  Part 1 was predictable but good to watch.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 09:17:52 PM »

Thanks.  Part 1 was predictable but good to watch.

Yeah, I'd like to see the WHOLE thing.  They have to edit down the interviews to fit into the half hour show, but I'm sure a lot more was said.

Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 12:08:37 PM »

I like the guy and all.  But he should start responding "a reunion is not going to happen, so I don't dwell on it."  To me, he seems to have his hopes that someday there will be a reunion, and whenever I see him talking about a possible reunion I end up feeling bad for the guy.  Don't get me wrong, I like the guy....but its kind of like when one of your buddies thinks he is going get back his ex, and you know he doesn't have a chance.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 10:44:57 PM »

That Metal Show: SE05 E04 Steven Adler & Chip Z'Nuff (Backstage Bonus)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sx7ikViJhc

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 12:03:44 AM »

That Metal Show: SE05 E04 Steven Adler & Chip Z'Nuff (Backstage Bonus)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sx7ikViJhc
That was some cool stuff.  Part of me feels bad for Steven in a way, and Chip to a lesser extent.  They were pretty big rock stars back in the day, and now, well they're not so big.  BUT, they both seem very happy and Steven is at a much better place in life, so that's obviously good.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: