Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:21:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CKY complementary towards Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CKY complementary towards Chinese Democracy  (Read 3227 times)
Evolution
« on: May 09, 2009, 01:32:59 PM »

As people who will have visited the official CKY website will know, the band have an "Ask CKY" feature in which they answer fan questions. This recent one caught my eye. Pretty cool to see that CKY still have good feelings towards the band following their 2002 tour together!

Question:
what does cKy think of Guns N Roses' Chinese Democracy ?

asked by marcos on 05/06/2009

Answer:
i am surprised that song "better" wasn't a big hit at radio. thats a really good song, i dont care what anybody says.

answered by Jess on 05/06/2009

http://www.ckyalliance.com/band/askcky.cfm
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 03:35:22 PM »

As people who will have visited the official CKY website will know, the band have an "Ask CKY" feature in which they answer fan questions. This recent one caught my eye. Pretty cool to see that CKY still have good feelings towards the band following their 2002 tour together!

Question:
what does cKy think of Guns N Roses' Chinese Democracy ?

asked by marcos on 05/06/2009

Answer:
i am surprised that song "better" wasn't a big hit at radio. thats a really good song, i dont care what anybody says.

answered by Jess on 05/06/2009

http://www.ckyalliance.com/band/askcky.cfm

That's good that they had something positive to say. Didn't they run their collective mouths about Axl after the 02 tour?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Evolution
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 06:33:15 PM »

Quite the opposite actually.

Question:

Hi guys, I heard the reason the GnR tour was cancelled was because Axl is going a little (more then usual) insane. Understandable if true, but is it true?

asked by hellboy on 12/15/2002

Answer:
Axl was very cool and a nice guy to CKY..we have no problems with him.

answered by Chad I Ginsburg (CIG) on 12/15/2002

Question:
hey chad have you gotten the urge to beat axle rose over the head since youve been on tour with them

asked by john on 12/05/2002

Answer:
not at all, Axl and I actually get along really well..he's always totally cool with me.

answered by Chad I Ginsburg (CIG) on 12/06/2002

Question:
When Metallica toured Australia in January, their support act The Datsuns were not well received probably due to the fact that the fans were so eager to see the guys as they had not played in the city in six years. Being their support act at the Fillmore

asked by Dom on 06/16/2004

Answer:
yeh, actually for us it was great. we were very well received for such a situation, unlike a couple of the 'early in the tour' shows with Guns n Roses. playing with Metallica was a really good time. we were just psyched having Hetfield and Axl both personally choose CKY to open their bands first shows in a long while . they were great experiences for us.~

answered by Chad I Ginsburg (CIG) on 06/16/2004

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 07:30:32 PM »

Yea CKY got a horrible reception at the Pittsburgh show.   One of the guys in the band was trying to fight with someone in the audience.  They were booed off stage.   I thought their music was all right.
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 05:23:42 AM »

I'm glad the CKY guys still like GnR.
It's a cool band ( really like their music because even though it's simple alternative metal, they have their very own style ) and the musicians look like funny guys from what I've seen in the various Bam Margera videos.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 07:55:44 AM »

Ah. I couldn't remember what cky had to say about them. I know they were horrible to the crowd at the Detroit show but I wasn't sure if they ran their mouths about Axl/Guns N' Roses after the tour or not. Thanks for the clarification.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 08:10:56 PM »

I had no idea who the fuck CKY was until they opened for GN'R in 2002. I remember liking a few of their songs. Of course they like Better and Chinese Democracy...who doesn't?

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 01:47:27 PM »

Yea CKY got a horrible reception at the Pittsburgh show.   One of the guys in the band was trying to fight with someone in the audience.  They were booed off stage.   I thought their music was all right.

Yeah. I can't remember if this was before or after they started insulting the audience and calling us "Shitsburgh". I think they did that before their last song.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 02:16:04 PM »

Of course they like Better and Chinese Democracy...who doesn't?

those who aren't into music. smoking
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 03:10:12 PM »

Yeah. I can't remember if this was before or after they started insulting the audience and calling us "Shitsburgh". I think they did that before their last song.

haha yeah i remember hearing that..they were treated decently when I saw them open at the Garden
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: