Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:53:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  is this english??
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: is this english??  (Read 30294 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2009, 02:43:37 PM »

There again, I didn't say you succeeded in insulting anyone, I said you attempted to.

I didn't insult or even attempt to insult anybody.

If I think somebody's an idiot, I will say so. I don't need to post it in a way that you need to translate my posts to those who were supposed to be insulted.

And again you're dancing around the issue that your remarks ("people with short attention spans", "those who don't understand English") were aimed at those who disagree with you.

Stop twisting it around.

It was aimed at those who take all kinds of meaning out of my posts.

Yes, some of them disagree with me, but that wasn't exactly the point.

I don't like being told what my posts mean by people who obviously have no clue about what they meant.

I make a post and have somebody say that I meant shit that I never even thought about. When it happens over and over again, you start to think.

I could honestly care less what you're opinion of the fan base is. But I do know that this whole discussion happened because I disagreed with someone else and you jumped in to lump me in with the "whiners" who don't want to do anything "constructive". I started to make a case for why I don't believe I fall into either of those categories. Along the way these (what I feel are) general insults popped up and I found it amusing that you had to keep resorting to them.

Making shit up about me in order to amuse yourself. That's priceless.

The reason why I disagreed with you is because you took somebody else's post to the extreme. Fans requesting songs means the fans do all the promotional work? Please...

I'll leave you with an example:

You're an idiot with short attention span <- insulting
This post is for those who have short attention spans <- not insulting.
This post is for the idiots on the board <- insulting

What's next, singling out people by age is insulting too? How about gender?

Would it be ok to post "This is for the female posters" or is that insulting to point out that some are male and others female?

Roll Eyes

I apologized for allegedly insulting those people.

You make shit up about me, I apologized for it even though it's 100% bullshit and only exists in the heads of those who don't agree with me. What else do you want from me?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:51:21 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2009, 02:57:43 PM »

^^^Flowers would be a nice touch!! Grin
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »

Yeah, maybe that's what they're waiting for.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2009, 03:45:41 PM »

There again, I didn't say you succeeded in insulting anyone, I said you attempted to.

I didn't insult or even attempt to insult anybody.

If I think somebody's an idiot, I will say so. I don't need to post it in a way that you need to translate my posts to those who were supposed to be insulted.

And again you're dancing around the issue that your remarks ("people with short attention spans", "those who don't understand English") were aimed at those who disagree with you.

Stop twisting it around.

It was aimed at those who take all kinds of meaning out of my posts.

Yes, some of them disagree with me, but that wasn't exactly the point.

I don't like being told what my posts mean by people who obviously have no clue about what they meant.

I make a post and have somebody say that I meant shit that I never even thought about. When it happens over and over again, you start to think.

I could honestly care less what you're opinion of the fan base is. But I do know that this whole discussion happened because I disagreed with someone else and you jumped in to lump me in with the "whiners" who don't want to do anything "constructive". I started to make a case for why I don't believe I fall into either of those categories. Along the way these (what I feel are) general insults popped up and I found it amusing that you had to keep resorting to them.

Making shit up about me in order to amuse yourself. That's priceless.

The reason why I disagreed with you is because you took somebody else's post to the extreme. Fans requesting songs means the fans do all the promotional work? Please...

I'll leave you with an example:

You're an idiot with short attention span <- insulting
This post is for those who have short attention spans <- not insulting.
This post is for the idiots on the board <- insulting

What's next, singling out people by age is insulting too? How about gender?

Would it be ok to post "This is for the female posters" or is that insulting to point out that some are male and others female?

Roll Eyes

I apologized for allegedly insulting those people.

You make shit up about me, I apologized for it even though it's 100% bullshit and only exists in the heads of those who don't agree with me. What else do you want from me?

/jarmo

I didn't make anything about you. No matter how many times you say otherwise. You posted things that I took as you trying to insult people. No twisting, no fantasy, no lies, just opinion of what you posted.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:04:52 PM by russtcb » Logged

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2009, 04:38:46 PM »

It's been explained to you, I've apologized for something I didn't do and you still go on about it, claiming I insulted people!

Nobody has said they were insulted, yet you keep pointing it out over and over again.

This is truly ridiculous and I hope you're amused.

What else do you want?

Maybe you can apologize to the rest of the board for wasting everybody's time now.

Even though you didn't necessarily do it. But since it seems like we can accuse people to the left and right of things they didn't say/do, why not.....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »

It's been explained to you, I've apologized for something I didn't do and you still go on about it, claiming I insulted people!

Nobody has said they were insulted, yet you keep pointing it out over and over again.

This is truly ridiculous and I hope you're amused.

What else do you want?

Maybe you can apologize to the rest of the board for wasting everybody's time now.

Even though you didn't necessarily do it. But since it seems like we can accuse people to the left and right of things they didn't say/do, why not.....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

One more time; it's my opinion of what you said. And I sincerely doubt anyone's spent any time reading this that they feel is wasted.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2009, 06:46:23 PM »

One more time; it's my opinion of what you said. And I sincerely doubt anyone's spent any time reading this that they feel is wasted.

hihi

I have explained it to you and your opinion is still the same. You know what I meant better than I do.......

Anybody else I can apologize to for your mistakes?

Because, at the end of the day, this whole thing is a mistake by you when you tried "translating" my words.

I hope you're amused!  ok

/jarmo

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »

hihi

I have explained it to you and your opinion is still the same. You know what I meant better than I do.......

Anybody else I can apologize to for your mistakes?

Because, at the end of the day, this whole thing is a mistake by you when you tried "translating" my words.

I hope you're amused!  ok

/jarmo

You said some people either had short attention spans or must not understand English well. My opinion (not translation) of that was that it was an attempted insult. I wasn't aware know opinions could be mistakes.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2009, 06:54:28 PM »

You said some people either had short attention spans or must not understand English well. My opinion (not translation) of that was that it was an attempted insult. I wasn't aware know opinions could be mistakes.

Wow!

Show me some proof that everybody on the Internet have degrees in the English language and nobody suffers from short attention spans.  Tongue

Maybe it's my opinion that not everybody seems to be able to understand enough English, or pay enough attention, to make it through my posts!

So now by your definition, since it's my opinion, it can't be wrong!

Happy now?

I have friends who'd rather read a numbered list with points than read a normal post.

But oddly enough, they're not this sensitive about it. Go figure.

My opinion on your opinion is that you must be pretty bored!

In my opinion, you're only doing this to start shit.

Once again, it's my opinion of your posts and I can't be wrong.  Smiley

What else could I make up about your posts? In my opinion, you hate anybody who tries to be constructive and you like to bash the real fans who support the band.

In my opinion, you try to validate bashing the band with "I bought so and so many records". Like there's some kind of secret formula that you have to buy multiple copies to prove you're a real fan. In my opinion you think that it's ok to attack the band and the band's real fans because you spent X amount of Dollars on merchandise. It's like, spend some money and you get a free pass to Bashville. Nobody can question you because you got the receipts to prove your fan status!

Who knew assumptions were that easy to make....

Doesn't really matter if the facts are wrong or right, it's my opinion so it must be right. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:04:49 PM by jarmo » Logged

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »

Wow!

Show me some proof that everybody on the Internet have degrees in the English language and nobody suffers from short attention spans.  Tongue

Maybe it's my opinion that not everybody seems to be able to understand enough English, or pay enough attention, to make it through my posts!

So now by your definition, since it's my opinion, it can't be wrong!

Happy now?

I have friends who'd rather read a numbered list with points than read a normal post.

But oddly enough, they're not this sensitive about it. Go figure.

My opinion on your opinion is that you must be pretty bored!

In my opinion, you're only doing this to start shit.

Once again, it's my opinion of your posts and I can't be wrong.  Smiley

/jarmo

I like how on one hand you post "if I wanted to insult, I'd just insult" but then you're spending all this time trying to act as if you were being literal with the "English" and "short attention span" remarks. As if you were somehow genuinely concerned that those reading your posts must literally suffer from one of those issues if they disagree with or don't understand your points.

I'm sorry that you feel that someone disagreeing with you is because they're trying to start shit. It's too bad that you came away from this whole discussion with that opinion.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2009, 09:10:12 PM »

I like how on one hand you post "if I wanted to insult, I'd just insult" but then you're spending all this time trying to act as if you were being literal with the "English" and "short attention span" remarks. As if you were somehow genuinely concerned that those reading your posts must literally suffer from one of those issues if they disagree with or don't understand your points.

Part sarcasm, part general confusion.

I'm sorry that you feel that someone disagreeing with you is because they're trying to start shit. It's too bad that you came away from this whole discussion with that opinion.

It's easy to get the wrong opinion when you let your imagination work for you instead of taking in facts.  Wink

/jarmo

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2009, 10:58:38 PM »

This thread has jumped the shark!  Well that happened a long time ago.  Hence why it has been moved I presume.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2009, 11:58:32 PM »

Flowers and assault rifles!

FAWK YEAH!!!!

AMERICA!!!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2009, 06:55:53 AM »

Part sarcasm, part general confusion.

It's easy to get the wrong opinion when you let your imagination work for you instead of taking in facts.  Wink

/jarmo

It's amazing to me that you really feel that when people disagree with you they must be making stuff up.  hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »

It's amazing that you think you know what I think.

If you seriously think that I'm out to bash all GN'R fans or insult non-English speakers, you need to get a fucking clue and fast.

/jarmo

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2009, 10:16:17 AM »

Here we are again.  Someone voices an opinion about something and it turns into several pages of "discussion" and goes on for days.  This time is not as heated as the last go-round, but similar in many ways.  It goes on for so long and becomes so off topic that it ends up earning its own little topic in the administrative area.  Every single post is pulled out and put into a new topic here, with a title that appears to be aimed at insulting the poster whose response to something seemed to be the catalyst.   Maybe it's just coincidence, however I couldn't help but notice that in both cases the entire "back and forth and back and forth again" started after a response to one poster in particular.  Interesting.      

In any event, since it's been mainly a discussion between two posters, its the sort of thing that really would be better off conducted via PMs, rather than subjecting everyone else to it, don't you think?  

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2009, 10:59:10 AM »

We really should start having these fights in person, on public access TV. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2009, 11:51:03 AM »

It's amazing that you think you know what I think.

If you seriously think that I'm out to bash all GN'R fans or insult non-English speakers, you need to get a fucking clue and fast.

/jarmo

Wow. Now who's putting words in who's mouth? Sorry buddy, but again I don't think disagreeing with you qualifies me as needing to "get a fucking clue and fast". Sorry you're so upset over a difference of opinion.

In any event, since it's been mainly a discussion between two posters, its the sort of thing that really would be better off conducted via PMs, rather than subjecting everyone else to it, don't you think?  

You're probably right about this. But since the topic got split and moved to a whole different area there's very little chance of most people going to find it which is probably what the point of moving it was.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2009, 11:52:53 AM »

Maybe it's just coincidence, however I couldn't help but notice that in both cases the entire "back and forth and back and forth again" started after a response to one poster in particular.  Interesting.  

Very interesting.  Shocked

Be careful what you say, anything you say can be twisted into meaning you've insulted somebody who doesn't even feel insulted!

hihi

Maybe you can explain why it's ok for russtcb to tell fans to get a grip? But it's not ok for me to respond to that kind of stuff?

Thanks.

When somebody makes accusations in public about what I do or what I apparently meant, I will post my response in public.

I don't need others to tell me that I'm doing/saying the opposite of what I actually did/said!

I don't give a fuck if you agree with me or not, but when you start making accusations such as "you're insulting non-English speakers", "you're calling people idiots" or "you bash GN'R fans", you will get a reply to set things straight.

There's plenty of other sites where you can post shit about me, without getting a response from me, and have people agree with you about how horrible I am.

Also, this isn't one of those sites where being constructive and supportive of GN'R is frowned upon.

When I see somebody making extreme exaggerations about something as simple as requesting songs in order to belittle the fan(s), I will post what I think.

Many of you seem to love the idea of freedom of speech when it means you can get away with posting anything you want. No matter how ridiculous it is.

But when I say something, you feel insulted and you'd rather see me shut up.

Now that's interesting!

I don't think disagreeing with you qualifies me as needing to "get a fucking clue and fast". 

I said "If you".

Meaning anybody who thinks that, needs to get a fucking clue.

In addition, I didn't fucking say that people disagreeing with me needs to get a clue.

You keep making shit up.

I said people who think I BASH GN'R FANS or MAKE FUN OF NON-ENGLISH SPEAKERS, need to get a fucking clue.

Nowhere did I specify it with "people who disagree with me". You made that part up!

Also, it's funny how you single out me telling people to get a clue while it's ok for you to tell people who think requesting songs is a nice idea to "get a grip".

Why do you keep making shit up about me?

Is it funny? What's your motivation behind all this?

What?

I'm curious to know why you keep doing it even after all the explanations and apologies.

Sorry you're so upset over a difference of opinion.

No, not upset.

More surprised that you'd rather keep going on about something I explained to you and apologized for even though I didn't do what you accuse me of.

I was assuming an apology and the explanation would make you happy, but no. You keep going on and on about.

So, can you tell me what I'm thinking of now?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:16:10 PM by jarmo » Logged

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »

Maybe it's just coincidence, however I couldn't help but notice that in both cases the entire "back and forth and back and forth again" started after a response to one poster in particular.  Interesting.  

Very interesting.  Shocked

Be careful what you say, anything you say can be twisted into meaning you've insulted somebody who doesn't even feel insulted!

hihi

Maybe you can explain why it's ok for russtcb to tell fans to get a grip? But it's not ok for me to respond to that kind of stuff?

Thanks.

A lot of times when I've posted something on a forum, I find that another person's response will totally twist what I thought I tried to say.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's that uncommon.  I think it happens because we don't have the benefit of all the other things that go into a "face-to-face" discussion, like facial expressions, what one's personality really is like etc. so things end up sounding different because it can be hard to completely understand exactly what the other person actually meant.   Yes, it's right there in black and white, so should be easy to read and understand, but can also be easily misconstrued because it's just written words alone. For instance, with your "very interesting" and shock smiley above, I'm not really sure if you're expressing actual realization of what's most likely a crazy coincidence or whether you're being sarcastic.  I don't think you're being sarcastic, but you could be.

Of course it's ok to respond.  It's just that it goes on and on (and both continue to respond) and then it seems like people start getting upset and has the potential to get ugly.  And unfortunately, I think some of it happens based on what I said above.   For instance, both of you saw insults in things that I didn't necessarily see or read in the same way. 

Doesn't matter, I guess. I just hate seeing people argue and get upset and then things start getting a little crazy.  Then again it's an internet forum so I may as well get used to it.  Guess that's just the way it is. 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: