Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:32:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  is this english??
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: is this english??  (Read 30298 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2009, 02:57:01 PM »

A lot of times when I've posted something on a forum, I find that another person's response will totally twist what I thought I tried to say.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's that uncommon.  I think it happens because we don't have the benefit of all the other things that go into a "face-to-face" discussion, like facial expressions, what one's personality really is like etc. so things end up sounding different because it can be hard to completely understand exactly what the other person actually meant.   

True. I'm aware of that too.

It's one thing to have somebody misinterpret your opinion on a particular subject, but to be accused of insulting and bashing people, that's something else in my opinion.

For example, I don't really care if people think I can't listen to the other GN'R albums besides Chinese Democracy because they feature former members of the band.

Its wrong and all, but it really doesn't bother me in the same way somebody claiming (for example) that I hate GN'R fans, "bothers" me. I don't think bother is the right word... It really has no effect on my day to day life, so bother isn't the word I'm looking for here.

But hopefully you get the point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2009, 04:01:14 PM »

Maybe it's just coincidence, however I couldn't help but notice that in both cases the entire "back and forth and back and forth again" started after a response to one poster in particular.  Interesting.  

Very interesting.  Shocked

Be careful what you say, anything you say can be twisted into meaning you've insulted somebody who doesn't even feel insulted!

hihi

Maybe you can explain why it's ok for russtcb to tell fans to get a grip? But it's not ok for me to respond to that kind of stuff?

Thanks.

In any event, since it's been mainly a discussion between two posters, its the sort of thing that really would be better off conducted via PMs, rather than subjecting everyone else to it, don't you think?  

When somebody makes accusations in public about what I do or what I apparently meant, I will post my response in public.

I don't need others to tell me that I'm doing/saying the opposite of what I actually did/said!

I don't give a fuck if you agree with me or not, but when you start making accusations such as "you're insulting non-English speakers", "you're calling people idiots" or "you bash GN'R fans", you will get a reply to set things straight.

There's plenty of other sites where you can post shit about me, without getting a response from me, and have people agree with you about how horrible I am.

Also, this isn't one of those sites where being constructive and supportive of GN'R is frowned upon.

When I see somebody making extreme exaggerations about something as simple as requesting songs in order to belittle the fan(s), I will post what I think.

Many of you seem to love the idea of freedom of speech when it means you can get away with posting anything you want. No matter how ridiculous it is.

But when I say something, you feel insulted and you'd rather see me shut up.

Now that's interesting!

I don't think disagreeing with you qualifies me as needing to "get a fucking clue and fast". 

I said "If you".

Meaning anybody who thinks that, needs to get a fucking clue.

In addition, I didn't fucking say that people disagreeing with me needs to get a clue.

You keep making shit up.

I said people who think I BASH GN'R FANS or MAKE FUN OF NON-ENGLISH SPEAKERS, need to get a fucking clue.

Nowhere did I specify it with "people who disagree with me". You made that part up!

Also, it's funny how you single out me telling people to get a clue while it's ok for you to tell people who think requesting songs is a nice idea to "get a grip".

Why do you keep making shit up about me?

Is it funny? What's your motivation behind all this?

What?

I'm curious to know why you keep doing it even after all the explanations and apologies.

Sorry you're so upset over a difference of opinion.

No, not upset.

More surprised that you'd rather keep going on about something I explained to you and apologized for even though I didn't do what you accuse me of.

I was assuming an apology and the explanation would make you happy, but no. You keep going on and on about.

So, can you tell me what I'm thinking of now?

/jarmo

I said "get a grip" in response to a post that I felt was acting as if requesting songs was all the fans should do. As if asking questions about where we are and where we're going wasn't acceptable. Then all these shenanigans ensued between you and I.

My motivation for continuing is that I truly believe we're having a communication error. Not saying you're wrong and I'm right or vice versa.

For the record, I never said you "hate fans" or anything like that. I just (honestly) felt that your "english speaking" and "short attention span" remarks were attempted insults. Not even directed at me which is why I kept saying I wasn't offended or upset.

In short; you said somethings that I felt were attempted insults and you're saying I totally took what you said wrong. That's it in a nutshell right?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:20:01 PM by russtcb » Logged

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2009, 05:13:05 PM »

In short; you said somethings that I felt were attempted insults and you're saying I totally took what you said wrong. That's it in a nutshell right?

Yes.

I never said you claim I hate fans, but somebody else did.

Along with your accusations of me insulting people, all of the above statements are wrong.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2009, 06:34:34 PM »

Who's on first?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »

Who's on first?

Yes he is.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2009, 08:01:56 PM »

beer

Well played all around.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2009, 10:53:13 PM »

You just don't get the facts straight...Slash killed Axl's Dog...LOL drool

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »

English or whatever language, your poor comprehensive faculty is never something you can be proud of. smoking
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 03:36:35 PM by ppbebe » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2009, 10:41:22 PM »

We really should start having these fights in person, on public access TV. 

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »

English or whatever language, your poor comprehensive faculty is never something you can be proud of. smoking
We're talking Jerry, who has time for the English Language?  Jerry Jerry...God he is a nut but he even admits to his own manipulation of guest just as Maury does....They will be in the same studios in CT. soon.  Jerry admits to being a sort of hack while he says Maury is a great guy and excellent scratch golfer at 70 years of age.  He sure doesn't look 70!

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2009, 05:45:28 PM »

I'll flash for beads Grin

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2009, 06:29:09 PM »

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2009, 12:56:48 AM »

Are we nitpicking so much on Jarmo's own opinions?

I don't agree with all things but enjoy the site because it actually tries to be a fansite too.

Should we feel lucky or... confused

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2009, 12:25:07 PM »

We're talking Jerry, who has time for the English Language?  Jerry Jerry...God he is a nut but he even admits to his own manipulation of guest just as Maury does....They will be in the same studios in CT. soon.  Jerry admits to being a sort of hack while he says Maury is a great guy and excellent scratch golfer at 70 years of age.  He sure doesn't look 70!

yea but the show is not aired in my area...not to mention I rarely watch TV.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: