Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:25:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  BLABBERMOUTH: BBF still unsure about GNR tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: BLABBERMOUTH: BBF still unsure about GNR tour  (Read 33349 times)
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 01:07:50 PM »

Don?t expect to hear anything from Axl?s GnR until 2010.

? Mark Strigl

Mark Strigl and BBF are very very good buddies. I don't think he would just say that out of the blue.

Source : http://www.markstrigl.net/index.php?id=318

#1: There's about seven months left of 2009. Remember last year in the summer how people were saying the album wouldn't be out that year? Look what happened.
#2: I don't know what caused Mark to post that, but he offers no explanation for why we shouldn't expect anything. Is it his guess? Is it just him feeling pessimistic?

/jarmo

There are seven months left in 2009, but tours take timeto set up and are announced many months before it happens. From the BF interview, it seems there is nothing going on and I find it very hard to believe from a business point fo view that any tour can happen in 2009. I sure hope it does, but I seriously doubt it. Maybe a new years gig, but no more...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 01:08:43 PM »

he clearly and plainly stated that they're planning one right now and everyone hopes the details all work out.  i know that breaks your heart, guy with slashcancer avitar, but gnr is faaaaaaaaaar from over.

Where did he clearly and plainly (or even awkwardly and indirectly) state that they are planning a tour right now?  What he clearly and plainly stated is that if things work out, they'll be out there.  He goes on to say that he wants to tour, and others want to tour.  As far as plans, he clearly and plainly stated that he knows nothing.  

People aren't trolls just because they don't falsely interpret people's statements or add implications just because they're convenient for their argument.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 01:10:59 PM »

There's about seven months left of 2009. Remember last year in the summer how people were saying the album wouldn't be out that year? Look what happened.

That's 30 Tuesdays!!!   ok

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »

he clearly and plainly stated that they're planning one right now and everyone hopes the details all work out.  i know that breaks your heart, guy with slashcancer avitar, but gnr is faaaaaaaaaar from over.

Where did he clearly and plainly (or even awkwardly and indirectly) state that they are planning a tour right now?  What he clearly and plainly stated is that if things work out, they'll be out there.  He goes on to say that he wants to tour, and others want to tour.  As far as plans, he clearly and plainly stated that he knows nothing.  

People aren't trolls just because they don't falsely interpret people's statements or add implications just because they're convenient for their argument.

he said they want to tour and they're working out the details.  we already know they've been rehearsing very diligently.  yet somehow you can take those clearly stated facts and come away with the opinion that there's no possibility of a tour.  i'm sorry, but i just can't see how you draw that conclusion -- unless you just want to and nothing the band says can change your mind.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 01:13:32 PM »

That was a nice confirmation of what we thought was going, they want to tour and when things come together, out they go.  Thanks Ron.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 01:18:09 PM »

he said they want to tour and they're working out the details.  we already know they've been rehearsing very diligently.  yet somehow you can take those clearly stated facts and come away with the opinion that there's no possibility of a tour.  i'm sorry, but i just can't see how you draw that conclusion -- unless you just want to and nothing the band says can change your mind.

Again there ya go talking about your interpretations of things instead of what was said...  Neither myself or the "cancer avatar" guy said we think there's no possibility of a tour! 
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 01:29:36 PM »

From Ron's quote you could say  "it will happen".  Wink

Uh?

So, based on this article, you feel as though it would be appropriate for me to post this topic with the heading 'BBF says a tour will happen' when in all actuality, he said nothing of the kind?

Yeah, that would be intelligent, and pretty contradictory. Especially considering you are whining about the word "unsure" being used in place of the word "hope".  

Once 2009 expires without any news of a tour, we can all start throwing shit at the band because "they lied to us".   confused

I was just curious why you would change the title at all when it was accurate.  It seems to be putting a negative spin on it.

Really? Negative?

Well, I'm "unsure" of what I will be eating for dinner tonight. Never did I relate that undeciseivness with me being negative toward what I planned to eat.   Roll Eyes

Are you sure that you're just not pissed that I posted this before you were able to?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:31:52 PM by -Rob- » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 02:19:43 PM »

Uh?

So, based on this article, you feel as though it would be appropriate for me to post this topic with the heading 'BBF says a tour will happen' when in all actuality, he said nothing of the kind?

It was a bit of sarcasm, but any of those quotes were positive.

And taking a title that reads "BUMBLEFOOT Is Hoping For A Tour" and changing it to "BBF still unsure about GNR tour" is putting a negative spin on it.

I was just asking the question out of curiosity, why you would changed a title that was accurate.  It's not that hard.

And where did I say I was going to post this?  I said I was just reading this, you posted it ...remember?  Cheesy

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:31:01 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 02:21:25 PM »

A clarification from Ron himself for those that like to read into things:

That interview where I said I was unsure about a tour was from months ago - it doesn't mean that this is the current state of things.  And I NEVER announce GNR bizz, not for me to do, I don't do it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 02:27:09 PM »

Uh?

It was a bit of sarcasm, but any of those quotes were positive.

And taking a title that reads "BUMBLEFOOT Is Hoping For A Tour" and changing it to "BBF still unsure about GNR tour" is putting a negative spin on it.

I was just asking the question out of curiosity, why you would changed a title that was accurate.  It's not that hard.

And where did I say I was going to post this?  I said I was just reading this, you posted it ...remember?  Cheesy

Have to agree that whether intentional or not, changing the wording of the article did put a more negative spin on it.  I understand that may not have been the intent, but that is the way it came across.

Ali
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 02:32:48 PM »

everytime i read an interview with this guy he impresses the shit out of me by how geniune he seems
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 02:37:56 PM »

for as many "if's" that apeeared during that interview regarding the planning of a tour, you seem to think it's a foregone conclusion this will happen............but to me it seemed they were a long way off before announcing anything
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 03:44:10 PM »

Hey I got a crazy idea, why don't we just wait and see what happens?  Anyone who has been a GN'R fan for more than 10 minutes knows this is how they operate.  You will get an official word on something when there is one...pretty simple.  Taking out dictionaries and thesauruses and trying to flip Ron's words around to make the story you want to hear is a waste of time.  Ron was pretty clear in his statements was he not?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 04:02:58 PM »

That interview where I said I was unsure about a tour was from months ago - it doesn't mean that this is the current state of things.  And I NEVER announce GNR bizz, not for me to do, I don't do it.

/jarmo

Thanks Ron.  However, perhaps it's time for "GNR" to do there fans a favor and make an announcement clarifying what exactly is going on. 

Im confused.  What exactly goes into GNR making a statement like, "Right now DJ's recording parts for the next album, hope to tour this fall."  Does everyone in Guns get in a huddle and decide it's okay to consult the outside world?  Or is "GNR" Axl and will speak when Axl has something to say? If this truly was a tight nit band, then this simply would not be the constant issue it has been for these poor guys. Not trying to be a dick, but I just want it to be told like it is.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:20:17 PM by sofine11 » Logged
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »

/jarmo

Thanks Ron.  However, perhaps it's time for "GNR" to do there fans a favor and make an announcement clarifying what exactly is going on. 

Im confused.  What exactly goes into GNR making a statement like, "Right now DJ's recording parts for the next album, hope to tour this fall."  Does everyone in Guns get in a huddle and decide it's okay to consult the outside world?  Or is "GNR" Axl and will speak when Axl has something to say?  Not trying to be a dick, but I just want it to be told like it is.

right, because you are so important that axl needs to give you updates every time something doesn't happen.

okay, here's your precious 'update'...   hi guys, axl here.  we don't have tour dates booked, so i can't announce any.  as previously stated plenty of times, we're working out the plans.  once it's set in stone, we'll let you know.

then the next day he can give you another 'update'... hi everybody, axl here again.  still planning.  once everything's arranged, we'll let you konw.

and the next day:  hey guys, axl just giving you a heads up.  we still don't have the tour booked.  but as soon as we do, we'll let you know.

can you see how utterly pointless that would be? 
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »

/jarmo

Im confused.  What exactly goes into GNR making a statement like, "Right now DJ's recording parts for the next album, hope to tour this fall."  Does everyone in Guns get in a huddle and decide it's okay to consult the outside world?  Or is "GNR" Axl and will speak when Axl has something to say?  Not trying to be a dick, but I just want it to be told like it is.

right, because you are so important that axl needs to give you updates every time something doesn't happen.

okay, here's your precious 'update'...   hi guys, axl here.  we don't have tour dates booked, so i can't announce any.  as previously stated plenty of times, we're working out the plans.  once it's set in stone, we'll let you know.

then the next day he can give you another 'update'... hi everybody, axl here again.  still planning.  once everything's arranged, we'll let you konw.

and the next day:  hey guys, axl just giving you a heads up.  we still don't have the tour booked.  but as soon as we do, we'll let you know.

Right, because this discussion we're having right now is 10x more exciting then actual dialogue from the band.  LOL, this "Glutton for abuse" defense is so freaking tired.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 04:29:34 PM »

/jarmo
Thanks man. That should put some insight about what is the reality for some people here.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah, God Forbid a bandmember mention anything about his band.........................

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 04:32:58 PM »

/jarmo

Right, because this discussion we're having right now is 10x more exciting then actual dialogue from the band.  LOL, this "Glutton for abuse" defense is so freaking tired.

sounds like you want axl to be your twitter pal.  sorry if he doesn't live life by your rules. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 04:33:34 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah, God Forbid a bandmember mention anything about his band.........................

I just think BBF, like the rest of the band, respect the process.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: