Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:10:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  BLABBERMOUTH: BBF still unsure about GNR tour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: BLABBERMOUTH: BBF still unsure about GNR tour  (Read 33534 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2009, 04:38:43 PM »

Hey I got a crazy idea, why don't we just wait and see what happens?  Anyone who has been a GN'R fan for more than 10 minutes knows this is how they operate.  You will get an official word on something when there is one...pretty simple.  Taking out dictionaries and thesauruses and trying to flip Ron's words around to make the story you want to hear is a waste of time.  Ron was pretty clear in his statements was he not?

havent we been doing that the last 6+ months

it gives us ALOT of time to take out dictionaries and thesauruses to flip ron's words around-don't you think?

but i agree, if there's nothing to say, there's nothing to say

hopefully when they do announce tour dates, my company will have given me back my full pay so i can enjoy the show Undecided
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 04:39:56 PM »

I know for a fact that magazines carry months old interviews
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 04:41:49 PM »

A clarification from Ron himself for those that like to read into things:

That interview where I said I was unsure about a tour was from months ago - it doesn't mean that this is the current state of things.  And I NEVER announce GNR bizz, not for me to do, I don't do it.

/jarmo

Yeah, God Forbid a bandmember mention anything about his band.........................

Didn't he already answered several questions about it?

Yeah, he should announce a tour when nothing is set on stone. And if it doesnt happens, he's a liar and shouldn't say anything.

Just like what happens now with Axl's words about Better video.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2009, 04:44:19 PM »

maybe i misinterpreted it

if so

I apologize ok

I took it like he isn't allowed to mention GNR related business and for me, if u are a member of the band, u should have the right to say whatever.

but maybe i misinterpreted it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2009, 04:47:12 PM »

Cool.

Unfortunately, if you read the first sentence, you'll know that this interview was conducted "recently" and not months ago.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:49:34 PM by -Rob- » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2009, 04:48:25 PM »

if so

I apologize ok

I took it like he isn't allowed to mention GNR related business and for me, if u are a member of the band, u should have the right to say whatever.

Or maybe some people will say quite literally anything to make you think that nothing is wrong with how this band communicates with their fans.   Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2009, 04:50:12 PM »

if so

I apologize ok

You misinterpreting something? Who would've guessed....

Maybe it's because you want to believe your own little theories so bad that it doesn't really matter what the truth is.

The fact that the band members don't always want to speak about band related issues definitely must mean that they're not allowed to talk! It can't have anything to do with the fact that words get twisted around and they'll get called liars if things don't go as hoped...

Or maybe some people will say quite literally anything to make you think that nothing is wrong with how this band communicates with their fans.   Roll Eyes

Here we go again.

Axl came to the boards and spoke directly to us.

That's unheard of in many other bands.

Yet, everything sucks and they should be more like all those other bands who just put out updates to keep people interested.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:52:19 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »

if so

I apologize ok

You misinterpreting something? Who would've guessed....

Maybe it's because you want to believe your own little theories so bad that it doesn't really matter what the truth is.

The fact that the band members don't always want to speak about band related issues definitely must mean that they're not allowed to talk! It can't have anything to do with the fact that words get twisted around and they'll get called liars if things don't go as hoped...

/jarmo

I'm not blaming anyone, but perhaps the fans wouldnt be so edgy if things constantly "didnt go as hoped."  It affects the fans the same way it does the band because we're all very involved with what happens next.  These ridiculous news/activity droughts dont necesarilly help their cause when members act all aloof when they're asked what's on the horizon for GNR.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »

Cool.

Unfortunately, if you read the first sentence, you'll know that this interview was conducted "recently" and not months ago.

'recent' is a relative concept. No date whatever.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »

Or maybe some people will say quite literally anything to make you think that nothing is wrong with how this band communicates with their fans.   Roll Eyes

Here we go again.

Axl came to the boards and spoke directly to us.

That's unheard of in many other bands.

Yet, everything sucks and they should be more like all those other bands who just put out updates to keep people interested.

/jarmo
[/quote]

That was awesome of Axl.  No one is saying it wasnt.  But that was a week after CD dropped, and I think that there were A LOT of expectations as to what would materialize between now and then.  Since then, other than the announcement of DJ as Robin's replacement, there has been nothing going on.  What annoys me is how the band members who arent Axl still act all aloof when it comes answering questions about the future of the band, post Chinese Democracy.  I hate to say it, cuz I love all these guys, but its as if they cant say whats currently going on with the band without written consent.  Its frustrating that when they're asked the questions we really want to have answered, they act all coy and shy away.

We always talk about how these guys arent being promoted and sold as the New Guns N' Roses.  Well it's no wonder Rolling Stone type interviews dont happen with these guys because everything we've seen so far leads us to believe that other than discussing what equipemnt they used on the album, they cant really discuss the meaty questions we all want answered.  Maybe their upcoming "video answers" will shed some light on that.  Because that's still happening.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 05:07:00 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »

Cool.

Really? Then what was that?

That interview where I said I was unsure about a tour was from months ago

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 05:10:27 PM »

I'm not blaming anyone, but perhaps the fans wouldnt be so edgy if things constantly "didnt go as hoped." 

If you look at how things have gone in the past, every time Axl has said something and it didn't happen, this has been brought up as an example of Axl lying.

He's not a liar.

So he says something he wants to do. Put out a video or whatever.

Then it doesn't happen and immediately Axl is called a liar.

Then, if he chooses to explain why it didn't happen, some of us will appreciate it and others will just keep calling him a liar and/or saying that Axl always blames others while in reality it's all his fault.

If you take all this into consideration, maybe keeping your mouth shut is the best option.

Even though people get frustrated about not getting updates, at least nobody's labeled a liar.

As I said in another thread, I hope all those who have always found something to whine about regarding GN'R are happy.

When they toured, the wrong songs were played the wrong way in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now they're not touring, so those people must be happy.

When they didn't release an album, it was wrong. So they released it and it still was wrong because it had the wrong songs and it's not the next album.

When Axl talked to the fans either on the boards or in interviews, he said the wrong things about the wrong subjects and lied because things didn't happen. So now there's no interviews. That must be great right?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »

I'm not blaming anyone, but perhaps the fans wouldnt be so edgy if things constantly "didnt go as hoped." 

If you look at how things have gone in the past, every time Axl has said something and it didn't happen, this has been brought up as an example of Axl lying.

He's not a liar.

Then, if he chooses to explain why it didn't happen, some of us will appreciate it and others will just keep calling him a liar and/or saying that Axl always blames others while in reality it's all his fault.

If you take all this into consideration, maybe keeping your mouth shut is the best option.

Even though people get frustrated about not getting updates, at least nobody's labeled a liar.

As I said in another thread, I hope all those who have always found something to whine about regarding GN'R are happy.

When they toured, the wrong songs were played the wrong way in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now they're not touring, so those people must be happy.

When they didn't release an album, it was wrong. So they released it and it still was wrong because it had the wrong songs and it's not the next album.

When Axl talked to the fans either on the boards or in interviews, he said the wrong things about the wrong subjects and lied because things didn't happen. So now there's no interviews. That must be great right?

/jarmo

I think that the fans that whine about everything he does are a minority.  And if, in fact, they are the reason for the lack of interviews and current communication with the fans, then God help us if his skin really is that thin, and there goes his bad boy "fuck all" legacy.  That's what it is to be a celebrity.  It's the trade off.  You dont punish the entire fanbase because you're sick of being criticized.  I mean seriously.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2009, 05:31:59 PM »

I was exaggerating a bit to make a point. I hope you still managed to get it.

/jarmo

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2009, 05:41:21 PM »

He's not a liar.

/jarmo

yes, i think? what is the point?  i got lost between what was wrong and what was right?  is it multiple choice? or is a page long answer required? or should people stop commenting, speculating, praising, complaining until there is something to talk about? 

it sounds like what you were trying to say in that verbose post is that Axl can't please everybody? even though he never was trying? Undecided
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 05:47:41 PM »

Nice to hear from Ron.  He's been a great mouthpiece for the band.  Its difficult to understand why everything with GN'R seems more complicated than other bands yet we love Axl and the band so much so its frustrating to wait for tour news but eventually they will tour, whether its next month or next year, so lets just hope things fall into place and we'll get the best show from them!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 05:49:31 PM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2009, 06:00:53 PM »

The fact that the band members don't always want to speak about band related issues definitely must mean that they're not allowed to talk!
/jarmo

Who's to blame?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2009, 06:09:49 PM »

you? 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2009, 06:17:59 PM »

The fact that the band members don't always want to speak about band related issues definitely must mean that they're not allowed to talk!
/jarmo

Who's to blame?

Anybody who thinks that must be the case needs to think again.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2009, 06:23:58 PM »

I read an awesome Bumble interview a few minutes ago. He definitely is great for this band. Amazing attitude and the guitar work he did on the song CD is great and I like his Riad solo also.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: