Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:23:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  BLABBERMOUTH: BBF still unsure about GNR tour
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: BLABBERMOUTH: BBF still unsure about GNR tour  (Read 33551 times)
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2009, 06:28:06 PM »

The fact that the band members don't always want to speak about band related issues definitely must mean that they're not allowed to talk!
/jarmo

Who's to blame?

Anybody who thinks that must be the case needs to think again.

/jarmo

It was just a simple question i asked. Nothing more, nothing less. I didn't had any person in mind.
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2009, 07:04:39 PM »

Quote from: Bumblefoot
That interview is from a few months ago, glad ya enjoyed  Smiley

Here's one from last week:

http://fullmetalrock.com/bfi.html

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »

I liked this interview. Ron seems like a very funny and genuine guy. Was the interviewer wrong though about where he is orginially from? I thought he was another New Jersey guy.
Captaint
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2009, 11:45:07 PM »

I don't know. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed but I have to admit that this message by Mark Strigl kinda came as a shock  Undecided
Until know I was really looking forward to the day the dates would pop up. There was no doubt whatsoever. Now I'm really wondering whether they will pop up this year...

Oh well, we shall see...Hope that soon is the word though.

Hey, This is Mark Strigl.  Please don't read too much into that.  I was just feeling frustrated that I was hearing about Slash and Izzy and not Axl...  I was guessing being that nothing has been announced yet for a summer tour of any kind.   I have NO inside info what-so-ever.  I didn't know anybody even read my blog.  I want to see GnR live this year as much as you do.  The flip side of my statement is in the past they have announced dates with only a month notice.  Still 7 months left...    I got my fingers crossed.  I want to hear the new album live more then anything.   I m hoping for a NYC show in 2009 and I believe it could happen...  I hope it happens.   Any official news on any band is not on my personal blog.  Thanks
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2009, 11:53:23 PM »

I don't know. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed but I have to admit that this message by Mark Strigl kinda came as a shock  Undecided
Until know I was really looking forward to the day the dates would pop up. There was no doubt whatsoever. Now I'm really wondering whether they will pop up this year...

Hey, This is Mark Strigl.  Please don't read too much into that.  I was just feeling frustrated that I was hearing about Slash and Izzy and not Axl...  I was guessing being that nothing has been announced yet for a summer tour of any kind.   I have NO inside info what-so-ever.  I didn't know anybody even read my blog.  I want to see GnR live this year as much as you do.  The flip side of my statement is in the past they have announced dates with only a month notice.  Still 7 months left...    I got my fingers crossed.  I want to hear the new album live more then anything.   I m hoping for a NYC show in 2009 and I believe it could happen...  I hope it happens.   Any official news on any band is not on my personal blog.  Thanks

weird, release an album in 2008 aftr 15 years yet don't tour till 2010.........axl doesn't seem to share ron's paternal instinct.....he's such a rebel....good thing Axl doesnt have kids or he'd have DYFUS up his ass for child abandoment
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:55:14 PM by oldgunsfan » Logged
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2009, 02:50:00 AM »

NHOR: How did you feel hearing something you've played on, such as the new GNR, on the radio for the first time?

RT : I think I felt hungry. I was on my way to dinner. (Laughs) It was cool. The first time I heard it there was a feeling of relief. Not just for myself, but there were so many GNR fans who were waiting for so long for music to be legitimately released. It was a feeling of being happy for them, that they finally got that, after such a long wait and sticking it out, that something was finally out there. I was pretty damn happy.

"..a feeling of being happy for them..." I think this shows how cool BF is!   ok

Stavanger-rock-city!!
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2009, 11:12:44 AM »

Glad to hear that, then  Smiley
I suppose that we have no other choice than to wait, hope, and see.   
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2009, 11:24:34 AM »

It's kind of encouraging that Mark doesn't have more information than Axl's bandmembers.

Hopefully Axl finds a way to get out there this year. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice to see.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 12:34:54 PM »

I was just reading this and the rest of the interview is interesting as well. 

http://houseofrockinterviews.blogspot.com/2009/05/tales-of-bumblefoot-exclusive-interview.html

absolutely good read. Blabbermouth left out the meat of the interview. 

NHOR : What advice would you give to a young player just starting out?

RT : As far as playing, I'd say be happy. Do it because you enjoy it, and let that be the main goal. Don't be too concerned about being successful, being famous, getting laid, or whatever. Other toxic goals might interfere with the purity of spirit that you should have when you're making art. Keep it real. Keep it honest, do what you love and express yourself. Fuck what anybody else thinks. Just do it because you enjoy it. If you enjoy it, there will be other people who will find your music and enjoy it as well. Remember that you're making it for those people. Don't start making it for the people who don't like it, do it for the people who do.

Think of it like a menu. There's some guy who doesn't like lobster, but you keep it on the menu for the people who do. You don't remove it for the people who don't. Make music for the people that do like it, and for all the ones who don't, they're going to voice their opinion and who gives a shit? Their opinion means nothing, because it's not meant for them. They're giving an opinion on something that they don't like. So what's the point? It's pointless. So that would be my advice, to not let all the naysayers and people who do nothing get in the way. Don't let them take away your happiness.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2009, 07:23:48 AM »

The fact that the band members don't always want to speak about band related issues definitely must mean that they're not allowed to talk!
/jarmo

Who's to blame?

Anybody who thinks that must be the case needs to think again.

/jarmo

Why? It was the case around the time of the 2006 tour, it could be the case now.

Personally I don't get why everyone thinks BBFs responses were so oblique. There are no concrete plans for touring at the moment but people are working to make it happen at some point, hopefully soon. Seems pretty clear.

And there goes the challenger...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: