Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:52:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot touring w/ Lita Ford..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot touring w/ Lita Ford..  (Read 36695 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 11:41:56 AM »

Why is it that you post your whiny posts in every other thread in the GN'R section?

It seems like, at least lately, you don't seem to contribute anything positive at all.

If you have evidence of the opposite, I'd be more than happy to apologize for my wrong assumption.

/jarmo

Haha, im sorry if we share some different opinions jarmo.  I just feel like a lot of people are getting very frustrated with the lack of feedback from the band.  It seems as if topics like "BBF hoping for a tour" turn into "BBF touring with Lita Ford".  And I see other fans on here that are getting equally frustrated.  Add that to some recent reports of tours fallen through and it doesnt look good for the band.  Now with this latest "news", it would seem like the band should at least give a 5 min update on we're they're at.  Thats not too much to ask is it?  Even if there is no positive news, people would still like to know.  

the other post was aimed at Falungong for being clearly delusional.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 11:43:14 AM »

now i have a perfectly good reason to hate lita ford.  doesn't she realize she's breaking up gnr at a key point in the band's history?  she and trent reznor should jump off a cliff together. 

it's like the universe is conspiring to ruin all axl's hopes and dreams.  fuck this.

How is she breaking up GNR? By offering BB a chance to make money that he currently isnt making? Im sure he has bills to pay and has to work for a living. Im sure shes not holding a gun to his head. If you had the opportunity to make money during a time when your band wasnt doing anything wouldnt you take it?

well, how do you know that bumblefoot touring with another band isn't the iceberg that jarmo referred to the other day -- the reason why gnr had to change it's summer tour plans.  when finck decided to bail on gnr for nin, axl had to go find a new and better guitarist.  we can all understand how that slowed the process. 

this shit just keeps happening.  is it too much to ask that the musicians axl invites to join gnr actually play with gnr?  like as the priority?  do they just pop in long enough to get some money?  gnr is clearly the greatest gig any professional musician could hope for.  so how come they aren't playing gigs?!  maybe it has something to do with the fact that the band is so busy playing other people's music on other people's tours!

look, i don't blame bumblefoot for wanting to tour with a hot old woman with a few hundred fans.  but whatever the reason gnr can't tour, i think all the band members have to be working hard to overcome those problems.  all hands on deck!  this isn't the minor leagues -- this is gnr!

No offense but i dont think BB quit GNR to tour with Lita Ford. If he did he's got a screw loose. Im sure he took that gig because GNR has nothing going on at the moment. Like I said before Im sure hes not financially set for life like other members of the band. He needs to be out playing music to make some money. But honestly I think he'd rather be touring with GNR. From a financial standpoint he'd make a ton of more money touring with GNR.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »

now i have a perfectly good reason to hate lita ford.  doesn't she realize she's breaking up gnr at a key point in the band's history?  she and trent reznor should jump off a cliff together. 

it's like the universe is conspiring to ruin all axl's hopes and dreams.  fuck this.

How is she breaking up GNR? By offering BB a chance to make money that he currently isnt making? Im sure he has bills to pay and has to work for a living. Im sure shes not holding a gun to his head. If you had the opportunity to make money during a time when your band wasnt doing anything wouldnt you take it?

well, how do you know that bumblefoot touring with another band isn't the iceberg that jarmo referred to the other day -- the reason why gnr had to change it's summer tour plans.  when finck decided to bail on gnr for nin, axl had to go find a new and better guitarist.  we can all understand how that slowed the process. 

this shit just keeps happening.  is it too much to ask that the musicians axl invites to join gnr actually play with gnr?  like as the priority?  do they just pop in long enough to get some money?  gnr is clearly the greatest gig any professional musician could hope for.  so how come they aren't playing gigs?!  maybe it has something to do with the fact that the band is so busy playing other people's music on other people's tours!

look, i don't blame bumblefoot for wanting to tour with a hot old woman with a few hundred fans.  but whatever the reason gnr can't tour, i think all the band members have to be working hard to overcome those problems.  all hands on deck!  this isn't the minor leagues -- this is gnr!

The current musicians that Axl has have to make money somehow.

They probably see being in GNR these days as a side project and their solo stuff being there full time gig.

No reason for them not to do anything while Axl has to battle whatever demons that he's faced with.

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »

wtf Lita Ford has to do w it?.....if GNR wont do a shit isnt bcuz her or Reznor!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 11:47:22 AM »

this shit just keeps happening.  is it too much to ask that the musicians axl invites to join gnr actually play with gnr?  like as the priority?

As Peter said, they would if things were happening (Robin being the exception).  its obviously outside their control.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 11:47:55 AM »

i didn't say bumblefoot quit!  no, way.  he'd never do that because gnr made him a star, and he owes axl and the gnr fan base a lot.

but what happens if he's out on the road with lita ford, and axl finally convinces the fucking idiot business people to let him tour his way, as he wants it?  does he put bumble in the position of having to bail on lita ford?  bumble's such a sweet, decent guy that there's no way he could do something like that good conscience.  is axl going to force lita ford to cancel her tour?  i doubt it.

i just want gnr members to treat gnr like the priority it is.  pretty simple.  like when cancer boy thought it was cool to do snakepit, or play with michael jackson or whoever else paid him instead of making gnr his sole focus.  when everyone's out doing other projects, how can it not distract from what's really most important?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 11:48:39 AM »

Haha, im sorry if we share some different opinions jarmo.

Why do you (as in a group of people) always use the excuse of your opinion when you just whine day in and day out?

"It's my opinion and you don't respect it because we disagree!  crying "

The truth is, I don't give a fuck if you have a different opinion. This place isn't for a bunch of unhappy bitter fans of the past. Do you get that?

If you're here, you're here because you think GN'R is awesome and you wish them the best.

If you're here because you think GN'R was only awesome in 1987, you're on the wrong fucking site.

"GN'R isn't doing what I want them to do for me!  crying "

Eat a cookie and shut the fuck up!

Problem solved.  Cheesy

I just feel like a lot of people are getting very frustrated with the lack of feedback from the band.

That's ALWAYS the case! Haven't you fucking noticed?

When the band was on tour, some were just frustrated because there was no release date. "All we want is the album" was the phrase of the time.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 11:53:43 AM »

Maybe we arent all as postive as you Jarmo.  Smiley

If you're here, you're here because you think GN'R is awesome and you wish them the best

Wish them the best with what?  they aint doing anything? 

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 11:56:06 AM »

Maybe we arent all as postive as you Jarmo.  Smiley

If you're here, you're here because you think GN'R is awesome and you wish them the best

and what the fuck does that have to do with wishing them the best?  so because they're not on tour when you want them on tour, you should have free license to shit all over this band and the fans who come here because they love chinese democracy? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 11:56:48 AM »

If you have to ask, then you obviously need to figure it out.

But just for you, I'll give an example of what it means.

It's the opposite of wishing somebody to fail just for your own selfish enjoyment because you're not happy.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 11:57:11 AM »

i didn't say bumblefoot quit!  no, way.  he'd never do that because gnr made him a star, and he owes axl and the gnr fan base a lot.
but what happens if he's out on the road with lita ford, and axl finally convinces the fucking idiot business people to let him tour his way, as he wants it?  does he put bumble in the position of having to bail on lita ford?  bumble's such a sweet, decent guy that there's no way he could do something like that good conscience.  is axl going to force lita ford to cancel her tour?  i doubt it.

i just want gnr members to treat gnr like the priority it is.  pretty simple.  like when cancer boy thought it was cool to do snakepit, or play with michael jackson or whoever else paid him instead of making gnr his sole focus.  when everyone's out doing other projects, how can it not distract from what's really most important?

What exactly does Bumblefoot owe the GNR fanbase?

Also, how fuckin old are you? Referring to someone as "cancer boy" when their mother just died from that isn't real tactful. I'm sure there are some members here who have had first hand experience with this in their families.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 12:00:13 PM »

I can't hear any of this because Chinese Democracy is playing in my room very loudly.

Seriously, though maybe all sides should just throw the CD on and take a step back.

smoking

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 12:05:40 PM »

What are you saying that BB should stay at home and wait for something to happen? Im sure GNR is his priority but like i said before it probably is a financial decision. Unless he's under contract with GNR for millions ( which is highly unlikely in the music industry), he has to take gigs to make money. Being that he really doesnt have songwriting credits on CD his residuals from the album wont be much so in essence he would really make his money touring which GNR isnt doing so at present time. So in his best interest he has to do this. Im sure he's not the one holding up a tour because im sure he'd rather go out with GNR than with Lita. No offense to Lita but GNR would generate alot more money for himself.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 12:08:30 PM »

Also, it's difficult to name current band members who haven't played with other artists or done things on the side while GNR is inactive so I don't think this thing with Bumble is a big deal. Maybe the guy just wants to play music because that's what he does for a living.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 12:18:31 PM »

Maybe the guy just wants to play music because that's what he does for a living.

god, where have i heard that excuse before?
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »

Maybe the guy just wants to play music because that's what he does for a living.

Why is that an excuse? You tell us what you would do if you were him?
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2009, 12:49:26 PM »

I'm almost postive that BBF know that there is nothing going right now.  He most likely knows what his window is in which he can make some money or just get out and play whatever the reason is for playing with Lita

i just want gnr members to treat gnr like the priority it is.  pretty simple.  like when cancer boy thought it was cool to do snakepit, or play with michael jackson or whoever else paid him instead of making gnr his sole focus.  when everyone's out doing other projects, how can it not distract from what's really most important?

What is there for them to do?  Most likely Axl is the business handler.  I can't see any of the other guys taking that responsibilty since they have no stake in ownership of the band.  So because Axl/whomever can't get the details worked yet these guys have to sit around and do nothing.  Doesn't make much sense.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2009, 12:50:14 PM »

look, i don't want to sound confrontational or stir shit up, even with people who want nothing more than to start shit around here.  i'll just say it simply... if i was in gnr, gnr would be my sole priority.  if there was something keeping gnr from touring or recording, solving that problem would be the sole focus of my energies.  not finding another band to jam with.  this is what axl expected of former gunners.  i don't see why it's too much to ask of the band these days.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2009, 12:52:25 PM »

This place isn't for a bunch of unhappy bitter fans of the past. Do you get that?

What about unhappy disappointed fans of the present?  Is this a place that these people can voice their opinions?
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 12:57:42 PM »

look, i don't want to sound confrontational or stir shit up, even with people who want nothing more than to start shit around here.  i'll just say it simply... if i was in gnr, gnr would be my sole priority.  if there was something keeping gnr from touring or recording, solving that problem would be the sole focus of my energies.  not finding another band to jam with.  this is what axl expected of former gunners.  i don't see why it's too much to ask of the band these days.

But like I said in previous points : Im sure GNR is his priority. This is probably a financial decision. Just because he's a musician in a huge band doesnt mean that he's well off. His solo albums dont sell millions. He gets no residuals from the other GNR albums except for CD ( which he probably doesnt get much from because of songwriting credits). So naturally he has to get out and tour. I like how you label people who dont agree with you as trying to stir some shit up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: