Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:10:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy guitar tab book 22nd December
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy guitar tab book 22nd December  (Read 43358 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2009, 06:52:31 AM »

Good to know its finally released. Thanks for the scan Gypsy!

I'll try to buy it and then ship to Brazil.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »

hahahahahaha i created my acount sometime this year but ive been around the forums since 2003, but by leak i refer torrents or something hahaha

Let this be the last time you openly request somebody to rip off the band so that you can get shit for free on this board.

You love the band, you buy their stuff (if you want it).

If even the fans stop buying actual physical products, who's left to buy anything?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2009, 09:25:35 AM »

Gypsy,

Is it JUST the sheet music?  Or tab, too?
In the pic, it looks like it MIGHT be both...but with the small size, the words on the picture (both of which I completely understand the reasoning behind), and my bad eyes...I figured better to confirm.

Smiley
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:27:16 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2009, 09:50:28 AM »

To be honest, I don't know the difference between "sheet music" and "tab" so this is going to be a really sucky explanation.

It does say the word TAB at the beginning of the 5 lines with the numbers on them (if that makes any sense to you).  As opposed to the 4 lines above that that has like an & sign followed by the music note symbol things??

I'm pretty sure it has the intro music too because the lyrics part doesn't start till like 1/3 of the way down on the 2nd page.

Also, in between most sections are like flat music note things (not the little round ball things at the end of the other music notes) with letters and numbers above them (like D5 over one; F5 and D5 over another; etc.)

Edited to add:  Also there's notations about things like "Whammy Pedal" and "w/ wah-wah" and "Chord symbols reflect basic harmony"

As for the illegible scan with the HTGTH written on it:  As I stated before, Black Frog Music is listed FIRST in the copyright.  As you may or may not know, (I don't even know where I heard this from) that company is directly linked to a certain member of GNR and I really really DO NOT want to be the subject of any upcoming rants for stealing his shit.  nervous
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:03:21 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2009, 10:21:18 AM »

To be honest, I don't know the difference between "sheet music" and "tab" so this is going to be a really sucky explanation.

It does say the word TAB at the beginning of the 5 lines with the numbers on them (if that makes any sense to you).  As opposed to the 4 lines above that that has like an & sign followed by the music note symbol things??

Not a sucky explanation at all.

The 5 lines are the Tab...they show a guitar player exactly which string and fret to hold to play a note (or notes, or chords...whatever needs to be played)

The 4 lines (FACE) are the actual sheet music.

I'm pretty sure it has the intro music too because the lyrics part doesn't start till like 1/3 of the way down on the 2nd page.

Also, in between most sections are like flat music note things (not the little round ball things at the end of the other music notes) with letters and numbers above them (like D5 over one; F5 and D5 over another; etc.)

Edited to add:  Also there's notations about things like "Whammy Pedal" and "w/ wah-wah" and "Chord symbols reflect basic harmony"

All standard music notations describing how something should be played (or with what effects pedal you should use/activate to play those notes)

As for the illegible scan with the HTGTH written on it:  As I stated before, Black Frog Music is listed FIRST in the copyright.  As you may or may not know, (I don't even know where I heard this from) that company is directly linked to a certain member of GNR and I really really DO NOT want to be the subject of any upcoming rants for stealing his shit.  nervous

COMPLETELY understand that part!  That's why I asked.  I don't mind not being able to tell, for sure......and I didn't want a larger/clearer scan. Smiley  What you gave me was PERFECT!  I'm off to order it, now.

Together again,
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »

Also there's notations about things like "Whammy Pedal" and "w/ wah-wah" and "Chord symbols reflect basic harmony"
Damn, forgot how hard it will be to really play this thing as it should... Lots of gear and effects (IE killswitch, whammy, fretless...).

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »

Damn, forgot how hard it will be to really play this thing as it should... Lots of gear and effects (IE killswitch, whammy, fretless...).

You can play the music without the gear and effects.  Obviously, it won't sound exactly the same (though you'd probably have to get creative to deal with the fretless), but it will sound "close". Smiley

Some of the effects stuff is pretty cheap.  The Wah Wah and grunge pedals aren't too bad ($50 or so).  The Whammy pedals are pricey, though.  Digitechs run about $120-$160 bucks at Daddy's (new....used you can get 'em for less).

Together again,
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2009, 12:17:35 PM »

I have both Wah (original Dunlop Cry Baby) and whammy (on my Beringher setup, not that great but at least it's something).

Still, it doesn't sound like it should with killswitch and fretless.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2009, 12:23:43 PM »

I have both Wah (original Dunlop Cry Baby) and whammy (on my Beringher setup, not that great but at least it's something).

Still, it doesn't sound like it should with killswitch and fretless.

I don't think anything helps with fretless, but I had a buddy do this for a kill switch:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Removable-Guitar-Killswitch/

Worked for him...he attached his project box (which isn't nearly as big as the behemoth in the pictures on that site) via suction cup.  He refused (and I don't blame him) to drill his baby to install one "local".  He had no problem risking an amp cable, though.  Smiley

Together again,
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2009, 02:39:36 PM »

Thanks for the help Gypsy. And as for the copyright thing, you didn't leak anything and most likely encouraged people to buy it.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2009, 04:41:29 PM »

You can still enjoy playing these songs without all the fancy gear.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2009, 07:21:08 PM »

went to order it on Amazon but it was out of stock.. can't wait to get it although i have no chance of playing Ron or Bucket's shredding stuff.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2009, 08:09:09 PM »

This book seems to be the transcription from the final product ... the Chinese Democracy album released to the public ... because it gets really specific about whose solo they're talking about.

Guitar Solo (Robin Finck)
Gtr. 1: w/Rhy. Fig 1A (1st 7 meas.)

Guitar Solo (Buckethead)
Gtr. 2: w/Rhy. Fig. 1A

Guitar Solo (Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal)
Gtr. 7 tacet

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2009, 07:03:28 AM »

^Im not even gonna start  Tongue

Anyways, my Amazon order just said Out of Stock, est arrival Jan 4.

It is about 10 dollars cheaper than musicdispatch, and Im trying to watch my money but I dont know how miuch longer I can wait haha.

Any other news from Amazon?

Also, to those that have it, is it as comprehensive as we had all hoped?
Yeah, my imperia spaghetti maker turned up  drool

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2009, 07:24:33 AM »

I think I'll wait for Amazon...

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2009, 07:49:52 AM »

Target also looks to be getting some "soon".

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/187-3697513-0920902?asin=B002PI6860&afid=yahoosspplp_bmvd&CPNG=bookmarked&lnm=B002PI6860|Guns-Roses-Chinese-Democracy-Paperback_:_Books&ref=tgt_adv_XSNG1060

Buy.com had them yesterday (but they look to be sold out, now):
http://www.buy.com/prod/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy/q/loc/106/211300370.html

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2009, 07:53:13 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you get your local book store to order a copy for you if you just give them the ISBN number?

That's for all those who don't like ordering stuff online. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2009, 08:27:41 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you get your local book store to order a copy for you if you just give them the ISBN number?

That's for all those who don't like ordering stuff online. Smiley

/jarmo

Usually, yes. 

Though I actually find (and this could be a quirk of my 2 local shops...a Borders and a Barnes and Noble) they tend to be LESS reliable than ordering on-line.  I've ordered stuff "local" and never gotten a call the item is in.  I call a couple weeks later to check up...and it's been sitting in the store for a week or so....  Roll Eyes.  I never seem to have much luck going that route.

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2009, 08:34:40 AM »

Maybe you need a small independent store. Where they value the customers!

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2009, 08:46:19 AM »

I may go down to guitar center and see if they have it. wonder if they sell stuff like this in Barnes and Nobles or Borders....?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: