Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 15th: Live Chat with DJ Ashba
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 15th: Live Chat with DJ Ashba  (Read 60156 times)
Sandrine
Headliner

« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2009, 06:02:08 AM »

well, I can't wait to hear him with GN'R. I don't know the man, I heard what he wrote/played with other bands but nothing with Guns, so I wait a tour for a judgement.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »

!
I don't really go to a lot of other message boards, so I haven't seen a bunch of people bashing DJ, but I sincerly hope that's not the case.

welcome to the board.
don't give a damn about the bitches they bitch at everyone in the band and everything about the band.
SlamminFlowerChild
Opening Act

« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2009, 01:15:38 PM »

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster!

I don't really go to a lot of other message boards, so I haven't seen a bunch of people bashing DJ, but I sincerly hope that's not the case.

I've known DJ Ashba since he was in Beautiful Creatures and there is just no need for crap like that.  He's an awesome, talented guy that deserves all the success in the world. 

He can literally be nothing but an asset to my favorite band in the entire world. 

DJ has been in a lot of kick ass bands. 

If you think popularity or having a hit song makes you good, I have two words for you.

Jonas Brothers.

welcome, nice first post.  Smiley

Thank you  Grin

I really look forward to seeing what he does with GnR.  DJ really can play just about anything, any style and I really think he'll compliment Axl well. 

Also, this bodes well for me when they tour  Grin hehe

I try not to worry about people bitchng too much, I'm just protective.  I get all "rawr" at times, lol.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:30:10 PM by SlamminFlowerChild » Logged
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2009, 02:55:31 PM »

is he still in beautiful creatures? i dont like or dislike the jonas bro's, so i cant say anything bad about them. i saw beautiful creatures is playing with the greatest metal band of all time monday night.  STEEL PANTHER!!!
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2009, 03:03:06 PM »

FFS There's only one person who really knows what direction Guns n' Roses are going and he hasn't disappointed yet. For all the shit that went down about CD never being released , the guy delivered and thats good enough for me.

Guess what, Brian May didn't appear on CD yet did the album suffer as a result? Regardless of who wants who in the band, Axl decides and thats that, he doesn't give a fuck what people think, only whats best for the band. Welcome aboard DJ, no doubt you'll be adding something that others can't, as a fan, I can't wait to find out what it is...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2009, 04:39:41 PM »

is he still in beautiful creatures? i dont like or dislike the jonas bro's, so i cant say anything bad about them. i saw beautiful creatures is playing with the greatest metal band of all time monday night.  STEEL PANTHER!!!

No DJ left Beautiful Creatures
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2009, 05:02:36 PM »

Wait a minute. Are we developing "DJ Insiders" now??  rofl

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
SlamminFlowerChild
Opening Act

« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2009, 11:08:46 PM »

Wait a minute. Are we developing "DJ Insiders" now??  rofl

Would that be a bad thing?  Wink
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2009, 11:41:52 PM »

I've known DJ Ashba since he was in Beautiful Creatures and there is just no need for crap like that.  He's an awesome, talented guy that deserves all the success in the world. 

He can literally be nothing but an asset to my favorite band in the entire world. 

If you think popularity or having a hit song makes you good, I have two words for you.

Jonas Brothers.

I wouldn't take the DJ bashing personally.  Really in essence it wasn't DJ bashing, more bashing the band as a whole on how business is conducted.  The "I can't speak on Axl's behalf, or break any "news", that's the job of band management" attitude.  Some people can't seem to get past that even though it should come as no surprise as that's the way things have been for as long as I can remember.  So people get unnecessarily upset over anything, everything, and nothing at all.  DJ just happened to be part of the equation this time.  Peoples ongoing frustrations with the band were just hurled at DJ.

I personally thought it was great of him to do the chat.  He answered what he could and said about what I expected/hoped.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SlamminFlowerChild
Opening Act

« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2009, 12:14:43 AM »

Jonas Brothers.

I wouldn't take the DJ bashing personally.  Really in essence it wasn't DJ bashing, more bashing the band as a whole on how business is conducted.  The "I can't speak on Axl's behalf, or break any "news", that's the job of band management" attitude.  Some people can't seem to get past that even though it should come as no surprise as that's the way things have been for as long as I can remember.  So people get unnecessarily upset over anything, everything, and nothing at all.  DJ just happened to be part of the equation this time.  Peoples ongoing frustrations with the band were just hurled at DJ.

I personally thought it was great of him to do the chat.  He answered what he could and said about what I expected/hoped.

It never fails to amaze me when people don't catch on to how things work with that band.   Actually, most bands are like that.  You aren't going to find out everything little thing just because you ask.  People suck sometimes. 

He used to do webcam chats all the time  Smiley  He's generally really great with his fans.  Just a sweet, down to earth awesome dude (though people normally tend to be pretty nice to me anyway, lol).  I hope people give him a chance and let him shine.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2009, 12:26:08 AM »

Everyone wants him to do well with Guns, I think that's a fair assessment.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2009, 02:47:03 AM »

You guys are crazy!

All D was saying is that DJ might be able to help write a hit!  But you all bash him and say "GNR is not the Jonas brothers or Hanson".  Well spotted and how long did it take you to figure that out!  hihi 

There isnt anything wrong with having a hit song.   ok

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2009, 07:20:15 AM »

You guys are crazy!

All D was saying is that DJ might be able to help write a hit!  But you all bash him and say "GNR is not the Jonas brothers or Hanson".  Well spotted and how long did it take you to figure that out!  hihi 

I for one am certainly hopeful/excited to see what Axl could come up with DJ, Ron, and the rest of the guys.  I just hope we get to hear that stuff someday.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2009, 07:54:27 AM »

honestly, anyone whose been following guns for any amount of time should have expected the same.   some gnr fans are absolute retards.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2009, 08:01:49 AM »

honestly, anyone whose been following guns for any amount of time should have expected the same.   some gnr fans are absolute retards.
Yeah that's what I struggle to understand.  When the chat was announced people were complaining how we wouldn't get anything out of the chat, it was a waste of time, he wouldn't talk about GNR, wouldn't answer our questions.  Some went so far to say that DJ wasn't even in the band anymore.  So DJ goes on and sounds excited about the future of GNR, presumably still being a strong part of the band.  And people were still complaining about what he didn't say.  I don't get it.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2009, 08:34:44 AM »

Jonas Brothers.

The fact that the band members are not allowed to comment on anything Guns related shows that these guys are not considered peers by Axl.  Back in the day, no one had any restrictions on what info they could give and the guys actually had a clue as to what is happening with the band.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2009, 08:47:28 AM »

You guys are crazy!

For sure.  Mainstream doesn't have to be bad, obviously.  But D's assessment was because other members of the band haven't written a hit single in the past, it means that they're incapable of it.  But the only reason they haven't written a mainstream hit before is because none of them were considered mainstream artists until they joined Guns N' Roses.  So the bottom line really is that DJ is not the only person in the band capable of writing a hit, as was suggested.  And when you have such fantastic writers as Tommy, Richard, Chris and Ron in the band, just because they didn't write much (or anything at all) on Chinese Democracy, it doesn't mean that Axl is going to let their obvious talents go to waste.  In fact, he'd be pretty stupid not to take advantage of their songcraft... maybe DJ completes the package - though the hit singles that D was referencing weren't good songs, so we'll have to wait and see.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2009, 08:48:21 AM »

The fact that the band members are not allowed to comment on anything Guns related shows that these guys are not considered peers by Axl.  Back in the day, no one had any restrictions on what info they could give and the guys actually had a clue as to what is happening with the band.

Agreed!  Its not that we "Don't understand how this band works" bullshit, its just that some of us think that is stupid.  Why shouldnt a band member be able to speak his bands plans?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2009, 08:50:52 AM »

Mainstream doesn't have to be bad, obviously.

Well said.  Sometimes i feel like just cos GNR is no longer mainstream, that all of a sudden mainstream is a bad thing on these boards.  Mainstream doesnt have to be Hanson

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2009, 09:37:52 AM »

It's not only GN'R fans.  Fans of pretty much any artist in any genre tend to think of the negative connotations that come along with words like "mainstream" and "commercial", without stopping to think about all of the good music that can be described with those words.
Oh, and GN'R are still a lot more mainstream than most.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: