Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:30:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 15th: Live Chat with DJ Ashba
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 15th: Live Chat with DJ Ashba  (Read 60593 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2009, 01:44:10 PM »

what time would this be in sweden?
Sweden is 9 hours ahead of Pacific time, so it'd be 4am I guess.
thanks man! would this be the night til tomorrow or the day after?

see the link i posted. it says Sweden - Stockholm Thu 04:00
thanks dear Grin
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 07:44:29 AM »

I don't mind if he's not at liberty to say anything, but it would be nice if the entity that is GN'R could be arsed to give some kind of idea as to what they've got in store for us. To an outsider it seems like the band is dying a slow death.
Hasn't it seemed that way before though?  They didn't die in 2002, 2004, 2008, etc.  So why should we believe THIS is the end?

Its been eight months since Chinese Democracy and no one, band, record company, assistant seems to give a monkey (note I stress again this is an outsider's perception). Perhaps now the record is out there there's nothing left to aim for? And not seeing Axl in public for two years makes you wander if he's ok

Here today...ready to rock
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2009, 07:50:27 AM »

Will someone post the transript..I can't get onto DJ's web page.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2009, 08:00:54 AM »

Due to the time difference and work committments i wont be able to make the chat.  But i suggest someone asks some of the tough questions we're waiting to have answered like:

What happened to the better video.
Are you in the better video.
Are there plans to tour
How is Axl
Why isnt the album being promoted
Does the Best Buy exclusive ever end
Any new material

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2009, 09:03:21 AM »

These are the kinds of things NOT to ask him.... Save your breath, no reason he would know these things...
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2009, 09:33:01 AM »

These are the kinds of things NOT to ask him.... Save your breath, no reason he would know these things...

Yeah, no reason a band-member should know about a music video for the band, or the album they just released.
But I'm sure he won't answer these kinds of questions which is a shame.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:36:21 AM by cfcsfc » Logged
AC
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2009, 10:07:57 AM »

Why are you going to ask the one member who just joined the band such GN'R related questions. These sound like questions for Axl not some guy who just joined. He's not going to know shit, he's just rehearsing so they can go on the road at this point. I would ask him more about what his responsibilities are in the band relating to guitar and that's it. The rest of the conversation shouldn't be about GN'R.

AC

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2009, 10:47:14 AM »

Due to the time difference and work committments i wont be able to make the chat.  But i suggest someone asks some of the tough questions we're waiting to have answered like:

Are there plans to tour
How is Axl
Why isnt the album being promoted
Any new material
Why are you going to ask the one member who just joined the band such GN'R related questions. These sound like questions for Axl not some guy who just joined. He's not going to know shit, he's just rehearsing so they can go on the road at this point. I would ask him more about what his responsibilities are in the band relating to guitar and that's it. The rest of the conversation shouldn't be about GN'R.

AC
Well, Im sorry but these are questions that a lot of people would like answered.  Maybe they should be for Axl but he aint around to answer them, hasnt been in a long time now.  So why not chance our arms and ask him some hard hitting questions? 

He might have more insight than people think so its worth at least asking.  Most people are saying that GNR is a BAND and not just Axl so if thats the case he should know about his own band.

I think he would know if he is in the better video or not lol! 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
axleire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2009, 12:00:30 PM »

What time is the chat starting in Ireland.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2009, 12:15:18 PM »

I think he would know if he is in the better video or not lol! 

Well lets see it was completed before he joined and its all live footage...

There ya go 1 stupid question down

Yeah, no reason a band-member should know about a music video for the band, or the album they just released.
But I'm sure he won't answer these kinds of questions which is a shame.

Why would he know the specifics of the best buy deal? He's not the bands manager  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:17:08 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »

I really hope that people don't press this poor guy for a bunch of info he can't give out then come here and complain about him.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2009, 05:23:40 PM »

I really hope that people don't press this poor guy for a bunch of info he can't give out then come here and complain about him.

Um, no offense - but if this guy wasn't in Gn'R, no one would care about him in this forum. 

So let's all stop pretending that we want non-Gn'R answers, like "What's your favorite guitar color?"  "What's your pet's name?' etc.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »

Um, no offense - but if this guy wasn't in Gn'R, no one would care about him in this forum. 

So let's all stop pretending that we want non-Gn'R answers, like "What's your favorite guitar color?"  "What's your pet's name?' etc.

Right. I understand that. But I guess you guys all don't seem to understand that there's just no way some sort of announcement or inside info is going to come from an online chat w/ DJ Ashba. Has no one learned anything from BBF? He's about as open as he can be and he still always says it's not his place to dispense GNR information.

Do you really believe that DJ is going to be able to pass out information about tours/videos/future releases?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2009, 05:37:26 PM »

I don't mind if he's not at liberty to say anything, but it would be nice if the entity that is GN'R could be arsed to give some kind of idea as to what they've got in store for us. To an outsider it seems like the band is dying a slow death.
Hasn't it seemed that way before though?  They didn't die in 2002, 2004, 2008, etc.  So why should we believe THIS is the end?

Its been eight months since Chinese Democracy and no one, band, record company, assistant seems to give a monkey (note I stress again this is an outsider's perception). Perhaps now the record is out there there's nothing left to aim for? And not seeing Axl in public for two years makes you wander if he's ok

Is he officially the weirdest pop star now that  Wacko Jacko is inoperative?

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2009, 05:44:20 PM »

how about someone asking him what song is he really looking foreword to playing live? were any of the songs difficult to learn? & what song does he think will be the biggest challenge for him? i think those are fair questions.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2009, 05:45:31 PM »

No. What's weird about not wanting to live in the public eye? Some people like to live normal lives rather than be owned by the public.

BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »

No. What's weird about not wanting to live in the public eye? Some people like to live normal lives rather than be owned by the public.

If you don't want to be owned by the public, then just sing in your shower into a tape recorder, and don't release records.  Then no one will bother you.

It comes with the territory.  Giving fans an update isn't "being owned."  I don't care about legal battles, or the breakup, why he likes certain cars, whatever.  Just tell me what's going on currently with the music of Guns n' Roses.  That's the reason most of us are here.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »

If you don't want to be owned by the public, then just sing in your shower into a tape recorder, and don't release records.  Then no one will bother you.

It comes with the territory.  Giving fans an update isn't "being owned."  I don't care about legal battles, or the breakup, why he likes certain cars, whatever.  Just tell me what's going on currently with the music of Guns n' Roses.  That's the reason most of us are here.

when Axl does talk, people don't want to hear what he has to say..  I dont' blame him for his silence.  He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, and in his situation, I wouldn't either.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2009, 07:20:03 PM »

At the end of the day, no artist works for their fans.  They work for themselves, and if anyone else their record companies.  Not the fans.  Not now, not ever.  It's a truth that if it more widely embraced by various fan-bases, there would less disappointment over what an artist does or does not do.

Would I like to know what's going on with GN'R?  Yes, of course.  Am I owed information because I've bought their records or seen their live shows?  No.

Ali
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2009, 10:01:43 PM »

Did anybody make it in?  I WAS in, but left for awhile and tried to get back in and it was full.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: