Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:59:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  My new cover of If The World (unmixed/unmastered)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My new cover of If The World (unmixed/unmastered)  (Read 2044 times)
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: May 23, 2009, 06:05:06 PM »

Hey people, you might've heard my previous cover of If The World which was well recieved by many!

Now I have recorded a new one with my new recording gear, a Presonus Inspire external soundcard and a Shure SM57 microphone.

All vocals, guitars, keyboards and piano by myself, drum loop created with Addictive Drums. I use a Epiphone Les Paul with Gibson 498T and 490R pickups, a Walden 12-string acoustic and a CTK3000 Casio Keyboard, and I record in Adobe Audition.

Now I want your help people! The song is unmixed and unmastered, all I've done is panning and volume and stuff.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KNSJUPVI

There is the download link, I'd love if you would take the time to listen to it in headphones and tell what you think needs be changed/added! Then when all is done, I'll mix and master it and upload a high quality file of it for use on MP3, Ipod, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I've noticed there is a pop noise right before the final chorus, but I've taken care of it.

If you don't want to download it, it is streaming from here (If The World- Unmixed/Unmastered): http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Demon+W.../all/play619751

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 10:03:56 PM »

Wow, I'm very impressed.  I think you did a great job.  The extra ornamentation compared to your demo version all sounds good.   The addition of the new "Yeah there was a time" lyrics was actually a great idea too.  Love the melody piano right at the beginning too.

My only (small - and more about personal opinion than actual flaws or problems) criticisms would be that I don't like the little guitar "shredding" right at the beginning of the main solo.    It just seems a little out of place with the feel for the rest of the song.  I also really liked how the demo version started out more plain and added more instruments as it went on.

Overall, great job, again.  Keep it up.  ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:40:13 AM »

really appreciate your input.  beer

upon listening to the old version, i do like how the instruments build up as the song goes on, so i have recorded some extra guitar and keyboard that will be added for the final mix. i have also sung the line /i would do anything for you/ for the twat-part.

once again, many thanks.  love

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 03:04:52 PM »

Cool!  Can't wait to hear the updates!    beer

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 05:04:51 AM »

good job, its not the same as the original, but I like the 'relaxed' vibe to it

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: