Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:42:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 Fantasy Football
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Fantasy Football  (Read 43852 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 11:53:38 PM »

Looks like you played your cards right.  That's a tough 1-2WR combo to top.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 12:29:24 AM »

D, who the heck is in this league?  Letting Bowe fall that far is nuts.  How did you get DeAngelo, Knowshon, Jennings, Marshall, AND Bowe and Colston???  Is it an 8-team league?

btw, you're all falling for D's plan of gaining your leanings prior to the HTGTH draft!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 02:29:00 AM »

Well, its a keeper so we kept 3 offensive guys

and I drafted what u see

its a 10 man league

round 2 people did dumb shit

TO and Matt Schaub went before Bowe

crazy

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 02:29:31 AM »

here is the roster of the team I took over from last year:

QB:David Garrard
RB:Darren McFadden
RB Chester Taylor
WR Greg Jennings
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Anthony Gonzalez
WR Antonio Bryant
TE Owen Daniels

Ive turned that into
QB Donovan McNabb
RB Deangelo Williams
RB Knowshon Moreno
RB Leon Washington
WR Greg jennings
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Marquez Colston
WR Dwayne Bowe

Today I added Leon Washington at 39 *KR counts in this game 25 yards per point* and I added Donovan F McNabb as my QB. Hope he has another great season
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:46:03 PM by D » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 06:05:48 PM »

D, ya done good...next step is to secure a quality backup qb.  I love McNabb's high side, but there is a history of injury there. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 06:10:52 PM »

I got 17 picks before I go again. I am thinking of waiting and grabbing Kyle Orton late

he scored 230 with the Bears.. so with weapons, he may be a sleeper pick.

I am thinking Matt Ryan next year as my keeper.

I have a good problem now actually as I have TOO many keepers for next season.

Picking 3 out of  those will be tough. Don't want to be locked into a QB just yet.

McNabb lets me compete this season and I can work on a future Keeper QB next season.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 09:13:34 PM »

I got 17 picks before I go again. I am thinking of waiting and grabbing Kyle Orton late

he scored 230 with the Bears.. so with weapons, he may be a sleeper pick.

I am thinking Matt Ryan next year as my keeper.

I have a good problem now actually as I have TOO many keepers for next season.

Picking 3 out of  those will be tough. Don't want to be locked into a QB just yet.

McNabb lets me compete this season and I can work on a future Keeper QB next season.

Wait a sec, I don't see Ryan on your team, how can ya keep him?  I must be dense.  Huh

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 09:34:03 PM »

Sorry bout that

The guy who drafted Ryan also has Aaron Rodgers. So he has to drop one of them after this season and I can then draft whichever he drops next year.

Dude picked Ryan WAY TOO SOON.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 09:13:56 PM »

Sorry bout that

The guy who drafted Ryan also has Aaron Rodgers. So he has to drop one of them after this season and I can then draft whichever he drops next year.

Dude picked Ryan WAY TOO SOON.

Awesome!  Personally, I'd want Rodgers...but Ryan wouldn't be bad either.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 11:13:41 PM »

I divided the league into separate divisions today, HTGTH vs. GNRevo.  It WAS even, but now they're one up on us.  We need someone to join our side to even things out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 06:35:06 AM »

I divided the league into separate divisions today, HTGTH vs. GNRevo.  It WAS even, but now they're one up on us.  We need someone to join our side to even things out.

It's even right now. Those bastards did better than us last year. Hopefully HTGTH will kick their ass this season.

The division thing is a new feature on Yahoo, isn't it? My friends and I do a league every year on NFL.com, and we've always had divisions (12 teams, 3 divisions). The winner of each division makes the playoffs, and then the one wildcard is the team with the next highest record.

How exactly does it work on Yahoo, though? I've noticed that we don't even play those guys during the regular season. We only play against members of our own division. Is the playoffs still the six teams with the best record, or will it be like our three best teams vs. their three best teams?

Anyways, I can't wait until draft night and the regular season! I think I read that StatTracker is free this year, too, so that kicks ass.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 08:38:27 AM »

It's even right now. Those bastards did better than us last year. Hopefully HTGTH will kick their ass this season.

The division thing is a new feature on Yahoo, isn't it? My friends and I do a league every year on NFL.com, and we've always had divisions (12 teams, 3 divisions). The winner of each division makes the playoffs, and then the one wildcard is the team with the next highest record.

How exactly does it work on Yahoo, though? I've noticed that we don't even play those guys during the regular season. We only play against members of our own division. Is the playoffs still the six teams with the best record, or will it be like our three best teams vs. their three best teams?

Anyways, I can't wait until draft night and the regular season! I think I read that StatTracker is free this year, too, so that kicks ass.
Actually that was another GNRevo guy.  They're now up on us 7-5.  Where's the dedication from this board?  I might have to pick one guy to be in OUR division unless we get 2 more from here.  You still play teams from each division.  The winner of each division gets the top 2 seeds for the playoffs, then the next best 4 records fill out the rest of the spots.  We have 12 teams so far, everyone still good with 6 teams making the playoffs, not 8?  If we get to 14 teams, should we make it 8? 

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2009, 09:19:19 AM »

If you guys need another member, i'll join!
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »

Actually that was another GNRevo guy.  They're now up on us 7-5.  Where's the dedication from this board?  I might have to pick one guy to be in OUR division unless we get 2 more from here.  You still play teams from each division.  The winner of each division gets the top 2 seeds for the playoffs, then the next best 4 records fill out the rest of the spots.  We have 12 teams so far, everyone still good with 6 teams making the playoffs, not 8?  If we get to 14 teams, should we make it 8? 

I think six is enough. I think the regular season should mean something. When you've got like 12 teams, but 8 make the playoffs, it isn't as competitive. Plus I've had too many experiences with finishing near the top of the league, then losing in the first round of the playoffs to like an 8th seed. That always frustrates the hell out of me. Then it's forever on my account that I finished seventh, when I actually won more games than everyone else.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2009, 02:34:36 PM »

I won't let us down this year guys. I am going to draft smart and not make any trades.

Larry Johnson was a good idea at the time Cheesy

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 05:39:56 PM »

Anybody willing to provide Nightrain beverages to GNR fans is good in my book!   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 11:07:12 PM »

Yeah, come join.  We could use 2 more from this site to even out the divisions.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »

Aight homies, i'm in!

Time to represent HTGTH!!!!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 12:47:02 AM »

We've got 14 teams in the league now.  But GNRevolution is outnumbering us 8-6.  We have a couple options I guess.  1) Get 2 more teams from here to even things out.  2) Grab one of the teams from the evo side and put him in OUR division to even things out 7 and 7.  3) Stick with a HTGTH division of 6 and a GNRevo division of 8 (if they even allow uneven divisions like that).

Any ideas?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 12:50:17 AM »

I am a member of GNRevolution also

so if worse comes to worse, I could playon their side.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: