Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:55:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 Fantasy Football
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Fantasy Football  (Read 43904 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2009, 10:35:29 AM »

My team has been the biggest fraud in our fantasy league. I have won 3 games scoring 70 or lower! hihi hihi hihi hihi

Not this week hihi But I made it close for you....

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2009, 01:58:33 PM »

LOL I was 4pts away from winning 4 games scoring 70 or less!'

In another league, I had the 2nd highest pt total for the entire season and still lost cause the guy i was playing had the highest.

This has been ahorrible season for me overall. I seem to get every team who has an Ahmad Bradshaw or Miles Austin go crazy when its unexpected.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2009, 05:41:19 PM »

I finally lost a game. Congrats, Faldor. One of the dumbest moves I've ever made in fantasy: starting Oakland's defense. Denver was on a bye, there wasn't much to pick from on the waivers, and I figured if the Raiders could stop the Eagles, they could do well against Mark Sanchez. But no, I lost four points for them. I would've been better off just leaving that position empty.

I still would've won last night, though, if Cooley hadn't broken his ankle. His replacement came in and played really well.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2009, 07:24:10 PM »

I finally lost a game. Congrats, Faldor. One of the dumbest moves I've ever made in fantasy: starting Oakland's defense. Denver was on a bye, there wasn't much to pick from on the waivers, and I figured if the Raiders could stop the Eagles, they could do well against Mark Sanchez. But no, I lost four points for them. I would've been better off just leaving that position empty.

I still would've won last night, though, if Cooley hadn't broken his ankle. His replacement came in and played really well.
Would've, should've, could've.  Didn't happen.  The HTGTH race just got a little tighter.  Obviously still a ways to go, but you could've built a 3 game cushion and that would've been large.  Now it's down to one.

I've got Cooley in another league.  Looks like he might be done for the year.  Time to hit the waiver wire up.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2009, 08:03:27 PM »

If I had just held on to Benjamin Watson, I'd be 5-2 right now

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2009, 10:57:59 PM »

Yeah cause I wouldn't have been able to pick him up & beat you  hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2009, 11:30:51 PM »

That's my boy, Benny Watson.  I wear his jersey to all Patriot home games with pride.  I actually thought long and hard about getting a new jersey before the season started because it wasn't clear if Watson was even going to make the team out of camp.  He's looked much better this year though.  Brady has confidence in him, and that can go a long way.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2009, 08:44:30 AM »

D's going down hard to Meghan Fox today!  The winner goes to 5-3.  I'll be interested in seeing how that Bills D performs.  The Texans offense has been jekyl and hyde this year.
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2009, 10:54:42 AM »

what te hell is ths cant drop shit?!?! I cant drop a player on a bye, to fill in my TE?? Ridiculous
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2009, 07:56:21 PM »

Yeah the waiver system is pretty shitty in this league

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2009, 11:44:49 PM »

Yeah the waiver system is pretty shitty in this league
Yeah I'll fix it next year.  Didn't realize it till it was too late.  The settings are locked and can't be changed.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2009, 12:06:20 AM »

Can u change it so that I'm not such a fucking idiot?  I am not used to the Yahoo system, and I fucked up my lineup this past week.  I signed Henne as a 1 week replacement, and guess what?  He gave me enough for the win...if I fucking started him!  I guess I never finalized the lineup change.

Who's the dumb-ass?  I am.   Embarrassed

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2009, 03:59:20 PM »

Thats tough.. i was wondering why u started Favre....... I was going to send u a message and then realized how tight we were in the standings..... hihi

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2009, 09:43:36 PM »

Mr. Brownstone took over first place this week.   beer

My team has hit its stride of late.  BUT, there's still plenty of time left in the season.  And lord knows, ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2009, 12:37:34 AM »

Well, Faldor, it looks like it's up to you and I now to bring the trophy back to HTGTH.

I am proud to say that I've now made the playoffs in each of the three years we've done this league together. Unfortunately, I've still yet to win a playoff game. Hopefully I can change that this weekend.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2009, 12:55:43 AM »

man i am kicking myself

i had a game where I thought Tony Scheffler was gonna be the shit and i had a game where i was a huge underdog and figured id lose anyway so i went ahead and dropped Benjamin Watson who hadn't done shit

well, the guy i was playing picked up Watson and I didn't have a TE

it was the difference in a win and loss exactly.. so had i kept Watson, i'd be in the playoffs

missed out cause I got outscored by 11 measly pts.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2009, 08:59:26 AM »

man i am kicking myself

i had a game where I thought Tony Scheffler was gonna be the shit and i had a game where i was a huge underdog and figured id lose anyway so i went ahead and dropped Benjamin Watson who hadn't done shit

well, the guy i was playing picked up Watson and I didn't have a TE

it was the difference in a win and loss exactly.. so had i kept Watson, i'd be in the playoffs

missed out cause I got outscored by 11 measly pts.

Thats the one week I looked like a genius  rofl

Well next year no beer & chicken wings before the draft... Hopefully with my better internet connection, yahoo will be more stable too, so I wont be forced to pick up Clinton Portis  Roll Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2009, 10:13:25 AM »

Well, Faldor, it looks like it's up to you and I now to bring the trophy back to HTGTH.

I am proud to say that I've now made the playoffs in each of the three years we've done this league together. Unfortunately, I've still yet to win a playoff game. Hopefully I can change that this weekend.
Yeah, it was a pretty competitive regular season.  Lots of teams just missed out on the playoffs.  A couple teams scored a bunch of points but their records didn't indicated that.  Hate when that happens.  I've been in that situation myself plenty of times.  It's all about matchups in fantasy football.

My team scorched the competition in overall points and earned the #1 seed/first round bye.  BUT, the slates are wiped clean at this point and none of that matters.  It's anyone's game.  Let's wave that HTGTH flag high and mighty.  We're outnumbered 4-2 right now, let's take'em out one at a time.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2009, 09:46:12 AM »

1st, about the Shackler's League.  Great stuff!  I appreciate the work it took to get it rolling, nice work Faldor. 
2nd, I would have been in the playoffs, guaranteed, had I not gone to sleep one week.  I made an acquisition when Favre had a bye week.  I picked up Henne but forgot to put him in!  Actually, I think I made the change, but then switched browsers before I finalized the start/bench, and then proceeded to lose by less than what Henne scored!  Grr.

Last of all, on a good note, my money/dynasty league is in its 12th season, and I'm in the semi-finals of the playoffs this week!  This is a huge year for my squad as bloated payrolls are going to force me to cut talent and take some salary cap hits.

I don't know if I described my league's system before, but it's very cool and I highly recommend it to those looking for a realistic challenge.  1st, it's an auction format.  Once you do an auction draft, you'll never want to do a snake-draft again, they're that good. 
Once the teams are all drafted, (we draft 18 slots with $200 imaginary money, your prize pool can be whatever your league wants to agree to chip in as a league fee plus 50 cents per transaction during the season), and start 8 players/week.  qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 k, and 1 Defense...no special teams except for blocked kicks/punts returned for touchdowns. 
3 divisions of 4 teams each.  You play the other 3 teams in your division twice and every other team once, which adds up to 14 weeks.  weeks 15, 16, and 17 are playoff weeks.  top 8 make the playoffs.
Prizes go to division winners, and a smaller prize goes for the wildcard team...the team with the best record that didn't win their division...plus, a big prize goes to the Regular Season Champ.  It's important to distribute about half of league fees to these regular season winners when you have 8 out of 12 teams in the playoffs.  It helps to ensure teams are not just playing for playoff weeks with all the money riding on the Super Bowl prize.
btw, we have an add/drop deadline of right before Thanksgiving.  Forethought is very important.
teams have until 3 days after the auction draft in August to offer their players multi-year contracts.  I have devised a contract chart that raises salaries about 20% + $1 for each of the first 3 years.  Max. length of a contract is 5 years.  If the 20% + $1 doesn't reach $22 in the 4th year by the calculation, that is what it is set to, and $42 for the 5th season as well. (of course it can be much more than that, but for people who snag a super-talented player cheap, which happens, it's a good protection for the rest of the league).

Another protection from teams getting too much talent locked in for many years, is what I call the Stud Tax.  If a player signed to a multi-year deal finishes in the Top-5 of his position with fantasy points, he gets the Stud Tax placed on him.  When this happens, the formula calls for taking the average of the 4 highest-paid players at that position, and rounding it up to the nearest whole number.  That figure will be the player's next season's salary!  For a good example of this, a guy in our league drafted Chris Johnson last season with a multi-year contract of $1, $6, $6, $22, and $42 respectively.  He didn't finish in the top-5 last season, but this year, he's a clear #1 at the running back position.  So, when we average the top-4 highest paid of the top-5, we get Peterson $58, MJD $52, R. Rice $13, and C Johnson's $6...R. Williams $1 would be the low-ball one thrown out of the equation.  Now, instead of paying CJ $6 next season, his salary will be $33.  Our chart has his 4th and 5th seasons going to $44 and $50 now.  (of course that's if the Top-5 stays where it is with 2 games left in the season)

I also didn't mention there is a salary cap hit if a team chooses to drop a multi-year player.  15% of the player's yearly salary is taken away for each of the players' seasons.  This is used as a check against teams signing every player and then dumping those who don't perform.

I highly recommend this format to anybody looking for some major fantasy football fun.  peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2009, 06:27:22 AM »

Well, I brought the fantasy football championship back to HTGTH!!! I know I didn't have the best team, but it was consistent all season--- largely thanks to my trio of Schaub, Steven Jackson, and Benson.

This was a pretty good year for me in fantasy. I also won the annual league I do with my friends. Three years in a row I've made the playoffs. Last year I lost in the championship game. I had a 30+ point lead going into that Giants/Panthers Sunday night game, only to watch DeAngelo go ballistic and the other team come from behind. This year, though, I dominated. I had Randy Moss and Brent Celek, who were both huge on Sunday. Oddly, enough, I also had Schaub, Jackson, and Benson in that leage as well.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: