Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:10:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  'Dead' baby wakes before funeral
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Dead' baby wakes before funeral  (Read 2996 times)
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« on: August 10, 2009, 05:45:22 AM »

A premature baby declared dead by doctors at a hospital in Paraguay was found to be alive hours later when he was taken home for a funeral wake.

Jose Alvarenga said he had discovered his son was alive after he heard crying from the box in which he was placed.

The baby is now back at the same hospital's intensive care unit and reported to be in a stable condition.

The head of paediatric care at the hospital said a doctor had not properly checked the infant's vital signs.

"This is a very unusual case," Ernesto Weber told the AFP news agency, adding that an investigation into the incident would be carried out.

A doctor who works at the hospital's maternity unit said staff had tried to revive the baby for an hour before declaring him dead.

"His pulse was so low that it was undetectable," Aida Notario said.

According to medical records, the baby weighed only 500g (17.6oz).

The smallest on record was an American baby who weighed just 280g (10oz), born at less than 22 weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8191023.stm

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 06:51:30 AM »

Yikes, thats kind of creepy.........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 11:49:17 AM »

More like a miracle in itself  Smiley.  I have had something similar happen with a baby kitten that had been abandoned by its mommy.  I know we are talking about a human life not a animal and the two seem not comparible.  I had been bottle feeding this tiny little kitty that was only 3 days old.  After about 2 weeks the kitty starting failing in health, I couldn't understand what was wrong, but one nite the little thing was so sick and bearly breathing, I stayed up with the poor little girl all nite just sobbing, not knowing what to do.  I was in the end praying that God would just take my little friend so it was not to suffer anymore.  I prepared a shoe box for her and when I was positive the end had come I placed her in her little bed to slumber for eternity and I went to sleep for a couple hours.  When I awoke for work, I went to the shoe box and lifted the lid to take one last peek, and I saw it breathe, but they breaths were far and few between.  I rushed it to the vet.  When I arrived and explained the situation, the assistant wanted to see her, so I lifted this limp and pretty much breathless kitten out to her.  She looked at me and told me to leave it with her and return after I was off work.  After work I went directly to the vet, they brought my little kitty to me and it was meowing and walking around and happy to see me.  In the end what went  wrong was this... the kitten was having to suckle so hard on this bottle I was feeding it with that it was actually tireing itself out before filling up its little tummy, so it had been slowly starving to death.  It is now 10 years later and I still have that kitty today. She turned out to be a very healthy and loyal pet.  That two was a miracle.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:34:44 PM by msaxl43 » Logged

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 02:42:04 PM »

msaxl43 that is such a great story!  yes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 06:25:59 PM »

You mean Obama let one slip by?  Boy, he must be losing his touch...Paraguay is far away.   hihi

No, not a miracle...just a doctor that acted "stupidly."  (btw, no D, in this case I'm not calling the doctor stupid...just that he acted stupidly.  Grin)

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 01:48:00 AM »

Ugh, imagine people thinking you're dead and burying you alive. Waking up in a coffin, now that's creepy. nervous

Fuck 'Em All.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 02:07:30 AM »

Ugh, imagine people thinking you're dead and burying you alive. Waking up in a coffin, now that's creepy. nervous

Mythbusters did that, didn't the coffin become crushed when there was enough dirt on top of it?

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 03:55:26 AM »

Well the son of the devil has come to kill us all in 2012 we had a good run humanitys best acomplishment GNR the only thing that could save us now is a reunion rofl

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 11:45:28 PM »

More like a miracle in itself  Smiley.  I have had something similar happen with a baby kitten that had been abandoned by its mommy.  I know we are talking about a human life not a animal and the two seem not comparible.  I had been bottle feeding this tiny little kitty that was only 3 days old.  After about 2 weeks the kitty starting failing in health, I couldn't understand what was wrong, but one nite the little thing was so sick and bearly breathing, I stayed up with the poor little girl all nite just sobbing, not knowing what to do.  I was in the end praying that God would just take my little friend so it was not to suffer anymore.  I prepared a shoe box for her and when I was positive the end had come I placed her in her little bed to slumber for eternity and I went to sleep for a couple hours.  When I awoke for work, I went to the shoe box and lifted the lid to take one last peek, and I saw it breathe, but they breaths were far and few between.  I rushed it to the vet.  When I arrived and explained the situation, the assistant wanted to see her, so I lifted this limp and pretty much breathless kitten out to her.  She looked at me and told me to leave it with her and return after I was off work.  After work I went directly to the vet, they brought my little kitty to me and it was meowing and walking around and happy to see me.  In the end what went  wrong was this... the kitten was having to suckle so hard on this bottle I was feeding it with that it was actually tireing itself out before filling up its little tummy, so it had been slowly starving to death.  It is now 10 years later and I still have that kitty today. She turned out to be a very healthy and loyal pet.  That two was a miracle.

you went to work and they change the cat for another so you would be happy  nervous
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 01:08:47 AM »

^So you are a creative thinker yes.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:00:14 AM »

In the good ol' days (the dark ages), they used to have bells attached to the coffins so that you could ring the bell if you were buried alive, and hopefully the guy walking the cemetary at night listening for that sound will hear you and dig you up...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 09:39:14 AM »

In the good ol' days (the dark ages), they used to have bells attached to the coffins so that you could ring the bell if you were buried alive, and hopefully the guy walking the cemetary at night listening for that sound will hear you and dig you up...

Didn't mytbusters bust this? It was either the weight of dirt that crushes the coffing or the lack of air that will kill you.

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 06:23:05 PM »

What do you mean bust it? I thought that was well documented...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 03:14:08 AM »

What do you mean bust it? I thought that was well documented...

I've read the tales, too, but I can't say I know anyone who's been burried alive Smiley

Anyway, it's been on mythbusters 2003, episode  5.3 Buried Alive, I tried to find a youtube link but couldn't find one.

Here's the info:
It is possible to stay alive over 1 day when one is buried alive in a coffin.

Busted    

Jamie risked his own life for this myth. Without the dirt, Jamie stayed in the coffin for 50 minutes; he maintained just 30 minutes when the dirt was factored in. Suffocation from the lack of outside air or lethal poisoning from increasing levels of carbon dioxide would have claimed the life of anyone buried alive. There is also the possibility of the coffin (and occupant) being crushed by the weight of the dirt pressing down on it. The risk of sudden collapse was the main reason the test was aborted after only 30 minutes. After the coffin was uncovered, it was found to have buckled significantly.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: