Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:33:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Drug Case Dismissed Against Guns N' Roses Drummer Steven Adler
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Drug Case Dismissed Against Guns N' Roses Drummer Steven Adler  (Read 5922 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: August 04, 2009, 10:34:56 PM »

Drug Case Dismissed Against Guns N' Roses Drummer Steven Adler

Posted on Aug 04, 2009 @ 05:33PM 

Steven Adler had a felony drug case against him dismissed on Monday after successfully completing a court-order drug program.  The former Guns N' Roses drummer was in a Los Angeles Superior Court to hear the good news from Commissioner Donald Kennedy.

Adler, a graduate of Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, had pled no contest to a felony drug possession charge in 2008.  The dismissal was "about the best you can get," his attorney Barry Gerald Sands said.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/08/drug-case-dismissed-against-guns-n-roses-drummer-steven-adler

A little background on his arrest...

According to the web site of The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler was released from police custody at 5:28 p.m. PST today (Friday, July 18) after making bail in connection with his arrest early this morning in Hollywood for possession of narcotics, being under the influence and an outstanding warrant.

Los Angeles police spokesman Richard French told the Associated Press that the 43-year-old Adler was arrested around 4 a.m. Friday by officers called to a home where a man reportedly was creating a disturbance and refusing to leave.

The warrant stems from a 2005 case where Adler was charged for being under the influence of a controlled substance and driving on a suspended license. He then sealed his fate by missing a court date in April of 2006.

Bail was set at $45,000.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=101186

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 01:42:08 AM »

Steven needs to be locked up for awhile...the guy REALLY needs help. I hope he gets better, but damn he's bad off.

2012 is like Christmas!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 01:53:41 AM »

Steven needs to be locked up for awhile...the guy REALLY needs help. I hope he gets better, but damn he's bad off.
Didn't you know Slash was recourding with Adler not to long ago if Steven was still useing I think Slash would have been able to tell easly since they have been friends for a vary long time I wish Steven the best of luck with sober living but I'm sure the guy still probably smokes cigs

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 02:02:50 AM »

Did you watch sober house? The guy is still using drugs, but can still play. Slash doesn't care if he's fucked up or not...he can still play the skins man.

2012 is like Christmas!
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 02:07:20 AM »

Did you watch sober house? The guy is still using drugs, but can still play. Slash doesn't care if he's fucked up or not...he can still play the skins man.
Yes I watched every eppisode of that show and it's true Steven was useing then but since you haven't seemed to hear Adlers Appatite went on tour and Stevens been clean the whole time he might got being sober down this time and I'm happy for him

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 02:15:53 AM »

I really hope so. I know how hard it is to kick a habit, but Steven has been doing this for awhile...and like they say in NA: Relapse is part of recovery...for some anyway.

2012 is like Christmas!
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 02:21:48 AM »

I agree with that and Stevens double relapse in that show mush have brought things in perspective for him how his addicition is destroying his and the lives of those close to him

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 02:24:10 AM »

It ruined a very promising life and talent. I wonder what GnR would sound like if Steven had stayed along with Dizzy on CD

2012 is like Christmas!
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 02:30:12 AM »

It ruined a very promising life and talent. I wonder what GnR would sound like if Steven had stayed along with Dizzy on CD
I don't think Steven would have stayed till CD one becouse him and Slash are usualy close and two becouse Axl and Steven never really saw eye to eye Steven would confront Axl when he had a problem with him and with normal people that would probaly work but with Axl he would end up just making it 10 times worse as well as some other issues they have had in the past

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 02:32:47 AM »

And  i think Steven's style would never really fit an album like CD anyway.

2012 is like Christmas!
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 02:42:45 AM »

With Steven drumming I think CD would have sounded even better then we could guess but that's not the topic

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 03:45:57 AM »

With Steven drumming I think CD would have sounded even better then we could guess but that's not the topic

you have to be fucking kidding me.   Steven isn't anywhere near the level of Brain or Frank.  Absurd.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 07:26:13 AM »

you have to be fucking kidding me.   Steven isn't anywhere near the level of Brain or Frank.  Absurd.
to be fair.

i doubt we can judge a mans talents. when based in an imaginary world in which he hadnt really done drugs badly, and had continued to drum and progress till the year 2008

html sucks
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 08:54:41 AM »

This isnt the time or place to have this stale argument k

Im vary happy Steven dosnt have to go to jail and I cant wait to see his album hes workin on Wink

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 04:08:42 PM »

I'm a huge fan of Steven, but I would disagree there.   Steven was probably the most "Rock N Roll" drummer that they had, which made the band cooler.   However, on CD, from what Brain has said, the drum parts were really complex (and you can tell from listening too) no way Steven would have still been with the band by then.  I guess that is the beauty of the old days, that they were just about having fun and not so much the business aspect. 
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 04:19:17 PM »

From what I am to understand Axl was always the business man of the band. Of course the source was the nikki sixx book, but that sounds like Axl to me...too focused to get caught up in the wild life or as much as the rest of the band anyway.

It would be cool to know what GnR would've sounded like if the original band had recorded an album today, but living in a dream gets old.

2012 is like Christmas!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 04:21:49 PM »

This isnt the time or place to have this stale argument k

Im vary happy Steven dosnt have to go to jail and I cant wait to see his album hes workin on Wink

if you dont' want to have the argument, then don't make stupid fucking statements like you did.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 02:37:15 AM »

you have to be fucking kidding me.   Steven isn't anywhere near the level of Brain or Frank.  Absurd.

Ah Jim Bob, always the same shit with you.  hanging around the ex gunners section even though apparently you hate them all so much.
Does it bother you that the majority on this board prefer Steven then Brain or Frank?
Check the drummer poll in Dead Horse section!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: