Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:22:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22  (Read 38272 times)
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2009, 09:36:41 AM »

anyone know what the setlist was?  did ozzy do a new song too?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2009, 09:43:14 AM »

Here's a short write-up...

http://www.nme.com/news/slash/48526

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2009, 09:45:45 AM »

As well. But if Slash, Duff and Steven play Paradise City, It's kind of Guns n' Roses too. At least for old fans of Guns .  smoking

You make it sound like I discovered GN'R last year.  Roll Eyes

The only difference is that some of us have moved on.

Duff and Slash is also "kind of Velvet Revolver". Don't see you getting all excited about that for some reason.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2009, 09:51:29 AM »

Duff and Slash is also "kind of Velvet Revolver". Don't see you getting all excited about that for some reason.

Think its because steven adler was also involved that it was like 3/5 of the original band.

Id like to see Slash, Duff, Adler and Chester in a new band.  maybe with izzy, kushner or navarro as a second guitarist.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2009, 10:29:07 AM »

steven,duff,slash and Chester doing PC

Please find that on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxmJHtxKBhk

There you go Wink

That was awesome!!!  Thanks for finding!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2009, 10:33:10 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhp09JK0yV8

Here is a longer version of Paradise City I found. Duff seems to really be enjoying playing with Steven at various points during the song.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2009, 10:37:01 AM »

Time to give Matt the boot!  Get Adler in VR and hopefully Chester!

So still no news on the new song he played with Andrew Stockdale?  if it was indeed the new song.
Sorry, i cant access youtube at the moment.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »

Slither doesn't do it for me with Chest
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2009, 10:45:37 AM »

Slither doesn't do it for me with Chest

i guess he is a completely different vocalist than Scott or Axl. 

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »

I cant believe that some people are so deluded that 3 out of the original 5  that played on AFD Paradice City can't RESPECT that fans of GUNS N ROSES get somewhat excited by that prospect.

I mean seriously.

FAN

GUNS N ROSES

3/5 of band that played one of the biggest hits....duh

I'd prefer to watch bucket play what he did live on the album.....but then that album didnt have the same impact....partly cos im not 16 and partly due to the lack of impact on popular culture.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2009, 11:16:24 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTpDyc-jxrA

Billy Idol is such a badass...

On the Paradise City Cover, man, Slash's tone is balls out and close to his Appetite tone, love it...  He was ripping it up on that outro solo then the video stopped.  Chester is the real deal.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2009, 11:23:34 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTpDyc-jxrA

Billy Idol is such a badass...

On the Paradise City Cover, man, Slash's tone is balls out and close to his Appetite tone, love it...  He was ripping it up on that outro solo then the video stopped.  Chester is the real deal.

Wonder why he couldnt have made this the much publicised B side  hihi
Sounds awesome!

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »

What a nice picture. Steve, Duff and Slash.....Guns n' Roses  beer

Guns N' Roses is playing in Taipei in less than three weeks.

/jarmo

As well. But if Slash, Duff and Steven play Paradise City, It's kind of Guns n' Roses too. At least for old fans of Guns .  smoking

its not Guns N' Roses at all.   You don't own the name nor do you get to decide the FACTS.   All those guys left the band years ago.  

Thats not to say people can't be fans of them or be excited to see them playing together, thats perfectly fine.   But don't call it GnR, because the FACTS state otherwise.  

FACT: Guns N' Roses is about to go on tour in Asia.   Respect that.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2009, 11:28:57 AM »

/jarmo

its not Guns N' Roses at all.   You don't own the name nor do you get to decide the FACTS.   All those guys left the band years ago.  

Thats not to say people can't be fans of them or be excited to see them playing together, thats perfectly fine.   But don't call it GnR, because the FACTS state otherwise.  

rofl

LOL at you!  Quit being SO sensitive and grow up.  if that poster thinks its "kinda like GNR" to him, each to their own.

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2009, 11:32:04 AM »

/jarmo

So Gun n Roses is has nothing to do with anything other than who owns the name??   it has nothing to do with who helped write and perform on 4 of their albums???  just because they left the band.. doesn't mean they are still not Guns n roses.. they still get a check when someone buys a copy of AFD or UI
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2009, 11:34:59 AM »

I dont think anyones CALLING this GNR......but realistically if 3 of the 5 people that recorded a song play it then obviously people are going to enjoy it....the voice being the main difference .

I don't even really like Slash's music minus Axl but the immaturity on this site for anything Slash does is embarrassing for a true GNR fan.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2009, 11:37:09 AM »

I don't even really like Slash's music minus Axl but the immaturity on this site for anything Slash does is embarrassing for a true GNR fan.

100% agree.

I know Slash is NOT GNR but there is a certain GNR feel when they play a classic GNR song with 3/5 of the original band.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »

/jarmo

So Gun n Roses is has nothing to do with anything other than who owns the name??   it has nothing to do with who helped write and perform on 4 of their albums???  just because they left the band.. doesn't mean they are still not Guns n roses.. they still get a check when someone buys a copy of AFD or UI

they are FORMER MEMBERS, so no.  They aren't.  

Guns N' Roses is Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Chris, Richard, Ron, Frank, and DJ.   Those are the only guys in the band.  

Guns N' Roses is Guns N' Roses, you can't just label anyone that because it fits your agenda.    How about respecting the band we are all here to support.

I dont think anyones CALLING this GNR......but realistically if 3 of the 5 people that recorded a song play it then obviously people are going to enjoy it....the voice being the main difference .
A couple people are CALLING it that.   I'm not saying there anything wrong with enjoying the youtube clips, I'm not judging that.  Enjoy it to your hearts content.  But don't use it as a way to bash the members of GnR.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2009, 11:41:30 AM »

Enjoy it to your hearts content.  But don't use it as a way to bash the members of GnR.

Over reacting much Huh

nobody was bashing the new band.  one poster just mentioned how it was KINDA like Guns n Roses.

Quit being so sensitive, you're just embarassing yourself.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2009, 11:45:42 AM »

Enjoy it to your hearts content.  But don't use it as a way to bash the members of GnR.

Over reacting much Huh

nobody was bashing the new band.  one poster just mentioned how it was KINDA like Guns n Roses.

Quit being so sensitive, you're just embarassing yourself.

i'm not being sensitive, i'm stating facts.  i'm not going to just let people spout off nonsense like that unchallenged.    the only person who should be embarassed is you with that stupid avatar.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: