Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 06:09:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula 1 - 2010 season
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula 1 - 2010 season  (Read 68480 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2010, 10:26:08 AM »

Not a bad race. Excellent driving from Webber and Alonso. How disappointing for Hamilton. In spite of some excellent driving this season, he has had nothing but bad luck. First with strategy and now with a blown tyre. Oh well, looking forward to Monaco. At least McLaren still lead the constructors and Jenson the drivers championship.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2010, 10:33:35 AM »

theres no question kimi isnt the driver he once was

Lewis losing to Jenson. I guess he's not the driver he once was.....

/jarmo

Jenson has had luck and thats why he is where he is, although i hate lewis with a passion, in the dry he is clearly faster than jenson, lewis has been unlucky, as we saw today

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2010, 10:35:07 AM »

Not a bad race. Excellent driving from Webber and Alonso. How disappointing for Hamilton. In spite of some excellent driving this season, he has had nothing but bad luck. First with strategy and now with a blown tyre. Oh well, looking forward to Monaco. At least McLaren still lead the constructors and Jenson the drivers championship.

I thought it was a pretty crappy race. As usual in Barcelona.

Hardly any overtaking.

It's like Monaco in that sense. You just wait to see who has technical issues or messes up a pit stop....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »

Although I'm from the UK myself, I have to admit I found it hilarious when Button kept on trying to get past Schumacher to no avail.  hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2010, 07:15:49 PM »

Ferrari to investigate Felipe Massa's performance

Ferrari are to launch an investigation into Felipe Massa's performance following his continuing struggles alongside team-mate Fernando Alonso.

The Spanish Grand Prix was the fourth consecutive race at which Brazilian Massa has been well off Alonso's pace.

Team principal Stefano Domenicali said: "We have to make sure the car is one he feels confident driving. For the first time this weekend it was not the case.

"It is important to go back and see what we have done around Felipe's car."

Full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8671392.stm

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2010, 05:30:32 AM »

I hope they give Massa the boot and sign Kimi for next season. Kimi and Alonso. That would be some team. There are talks that Ferrari want to sign Kubica as a replacement for Massa next year though.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2010, 01:54:39 PM »

I hope they give Massa the boot and sign Kimi for next season. Kimi and Alonso. That would be some team. There are talks that Ferrari want to sign Kubica as a replacement for Massa next year though.

Kubica/alonso

vettel/alonso

i would love it. But remeber what happend with alonso/hamilton in 07, so weather its a great idea to have some one compete so high to alonso within a team is questionable. i am suprised at massa being so far behind, he gave schumi and kimi a good honest run for there money, massa becoming the better driver against kimi towards the end of his ferrari carrer, and i know he had his accident, but he was right on alonso's pace in bahrain, i expect massa to shine in turkey

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »

Really surprised that Button had to end his race so early.

It was cool watching Alonso work his way up the grid, but I have to side with Schumacher on the safety car incident. The rules state Michael was OK to pass, and I honestly just think that Alonso was caught unaware.  Shocked

After Michaels' rivalry with Alonso during the latter part of his Ferrari career, I think he enjoyed his crafty little stunt all the more.  hihi
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 12:05:27 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2010, 04:10:27 PM »

The FIA stewards, which included his old sparring partner Damon Hill, have deemed the German breached Article 40.13 of the Sporting Regulations, which states that ?if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking."

That's the rule. I guess Schumacher is used to having his own set of rules....  Tongue

/jarmo

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2010, 04:30:55 PM »

I just checked F1s' website and he has had 20 secs added to his race because of the foul. I thought it was a legal move as the commentating team said that as long as he passed after the line to enter the pit he was OK. It was obviously against the rules and he has been added seconds rightfully so.

I guess the drivers and commentators are not up on the rulebook, as this is something they should know if legal straight away.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »

The drivers can't know every rule by heart. It's up to the team to tell the driver what's going on and what he can do.

/jarmo

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2010, 04:41:58 PM »

After the Trulli Chandhok incident it was clear that the race was gonna be finished behind the safety car, even the marshalls took their time Tongue All the teams have a rule book within reach, they could've easily checked out the rules if they wanted to make sure.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2010, 04:56:21 PM »

This season has been so boring.. I guess these days it's only interesting if it rains or starts to rain during the race. 

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2010, 05:05:50 AM »

In one way it's not that boring, they're actually all really close together.. look at the top 8 in the DC, lots of changes with each race.

That said the biggest problem is the refueling ban, if if weren't for that there would be more tactics and less train rides on certain circuits and dry races. Really, the modern Middle Eastern circuits don't help either.

But instead of undoing the refueling ban or adding another tyrecompany to the grid they're introducing KERS again next year.. what a waste.

I also heard yesterday that there are now 13 new team applicants for next year.. which is good, cause I'm sure the FIA will manage to make a better situation this time after the fiasco of last time. Lotus and Virgin are struggling, but in reality each new team would since the competion has been around for quite a while with lots of experience. I expect Lotus to be around for several years, Virgin atleast next year and HRT I think this year will be their last. They'll probably 'give' their spot back to the FIA with some kind of money deal - dealing with debts. But I respect HRT for what they've achieved this season so far, the team is good but they have no money and the Dallara car is crap. I think Senna and Chandhok are not that bad as it seems, although they haven't really impressed either.

I expect for next year we'll atleast have Epsilon Euskadi on board, the Spanish Le Mans car manufacter/team who should've been on the grid this year. I also read about other American entrants like Cypher and Anderson F1 but I doubt we'll see them back Tongue And also Durango and ART are on the list, both longtime GP2 / F3 / etc. teams who are ready for the next step. I say good for them
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2010, 10:12:26 AM »

Aren't most of the new tracks designed by the same guy/company (Hermann Tilke)?

I seem to remember hearing his new mentioned every time they introduce a new track. Like it's a good thing.  hihi

Sure, they look impressive but there's no overtaking places!

/jarmo

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2010, 11:02:34 AM »

Yeah it's Hermann, we need to get rid of him - or put him up for a ride in a double seater Tongue

The European circuits are much better, I mean a track like Malaysia or China inbetween is ok, but the European tracks - like Silverstone or Spa they have much more appeal besides more overtaking places. How boring is it to watch a grey circuit with nothing around except concrete and desert colours. Same with Valencia eventhough it's in Europe, not only a boring track but the first time two years ago you see nothing but grey circuit and grey concrete walls, with grey fences, and a few cars.

But after the Bahrein GP this year the FOTA released a international market examination to ask all people with the help of multiple choice questions where they think they should improve F1. That's good to have the fans decide, it was a good move. Everything from tv airings, circuits, cars, openness of F1 etc. was all discussed. Now all they gotta do is do something with that info.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2010, 09:22:34 AM »

I don't like the Monaco track, so a rather boring race. Alonso did well to get to sixth. I thought the Schumacher move was quite legal. The safety car had returned to the pits, the race was back on and Alonso made a mistake. What did they expect him to do? Brake and follow Alonso after he recovered? Red Bull looks ominous. I hope it doesn't become a Brawn type situation for the rest of the year.

McLaren would have lead the championship if they hadn't made those two stupid mistakes - Hamilton's wheel blowout and Button's engine overheating.

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2010, 10:24:43 AM »

The race wasn't back on. It was like the warm up lap before the race...

/jarmo

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2010, 10:59:51 AM »

Hmmm. I guess you are right. It looks like Mercedes misunderstood the rules. The safety car will return to the pits on the last lap so that the race leader can complete the race without having the SC in front of it in the video feed, but the track is still under yellow flag conditions and overtaking is prohibited. The only doubt is some say that green flags were waved after the SC entered the pits, so in that case...

Fuck 'Em All.
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2010, 10:08:49 PM »

I'm enjoying the season so far, I was at the Australian GP and it kicked ass.

Very close battle, hopefully Schumi can get in the mix a bit more, Mercedes just need a bit more speed.

Kubica would be good a Ferrai but KERS doesnt suit him at all, he is too big and heavy as it is so if that is brought back next season it will be to his disadvantage.

"to live with fortune and fame"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: