Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:54:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  24:Season 8 (trailer)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 24:Season 8 (trailer)  (Read 23952 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2010, 10:13:06 AM »

if they have a good plot and dont make it a 12 rated movie, then i say go for it. But soon, Kiefers aged quite alot recently i think.

html sucks
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2010, 01:37:14 PM »

I have mixed feelings about a 24 movie. The whole point of 24 is that it takes place over 24 hours.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2010, 07:20:33 PM »

About this season...does anybody else feel sorry for Vlad?  The guy really loved Renee...I just think he could have been misunderstood, ya know?  A little rough around the edges, but boy did he love Renee.

Grin

I will always watch 24 no matter what...I'm just hoping things pick up a little bit.  I'm waiting for them to blow my mind...they usually do.  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2010, 10:47:09 PM »

I thought the last episode was REALLY good.  Pretty much blew my mind.

Renee looks a little hotter this season to me.  Got that skanky, desperate, carefree look going for her.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2010, 09:37:51 PM »

Very interesting about the movie.. i hope its SUPER good otherwise they shouldn't even bother!

and yes, renee seems dirtier and more desperate this season.. good acting!!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:25:32 PM by Chief » Logged

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2010, 11:06:15 AM »

Not to give anything away but some people were saying this season was dragging along.  I thought the last 2 episodes were great, vintage 24 for me.

Unfortunately there's some sad news to report.  I heard this rumor a couple weeks back, but didn't want to believe it.  Saw this posted over at www.gnrevolution.com last night.

Official: '24' ends on Fox
Tick, tick, tick … and done.

After eight seasons, Fox’s “24�  is coming to an end.

The groundbreaking action drama will air its final real-time episode in May, the victim of a confluence of circumstances: a swelling budget, declining ratings and creative fatigue.

Yet for fans of Jack Bauer, there remains hope. Studio 20th TV is developing a theatrical film that takes Bauer to Europe, and showrunner and executive producer Howard Gordon says other possibilities are being explored as well.

“There are other possible iterations of Jack Bauer and his world,�  Gordon said (full Q&A with Gordon about series ending here).

The writing has been on the wall for the show all season, which Gordon said felt like “senior year of high school�  to star Kiefer Sutherland.

Because of the constant upward spiral of cast and creative team salaries, any drama begins to carry serious financial weight after its fifth year. Fox paid a hefty $5 million per episode license fee to 20th TV.

Meanwhile, the show’s ratings dropped 16% this season to a 3.8 adults 18-49 rating including DVR — still healthy numbers for a scripted drama, yet not enough to overcome the program’s increasing cost, a budget that was set to climb once again since contracts for Sutherland, Gordon and other key players expire this season.

Then there’s the show’s creative struggle. How many times have “24�  characters declared that a looming crisis will be addressed “within the hour,�  or has Bauer struggled to gain the respect of the latest CTU chief? Gordon says the show’s writers felt they had exhausted the real-time possibilities for Bauer and never came up with a truly compelling idea for Day 9.
“If one of the writers came up with a good idea, I’d happily pitch it to Kiefer and then happily pitch to a network, whether Fox or someone else,�  Gordon said. “We just don’t have that idea, and that’s where everything has to start.�

Producers did sniff around at other networks, namely NBC, with 20th TV offering to lower its license fee to $3.5 million to keep the show going. NBC ran the numbers and passed.

As the weeks tick down to the show’s final hour, Gordon promises a strong finish coupled with the current New York-based storyline taking a dark and creatively risky turn for the final episodes.

For fans, the ending of “24,�  along with ABC’s “Lost,�  represents the departure of one of the few successful serialized action-driven shows on broadcast, leaving a suitcase-nuke-sized gap in the creative landscape. In addition to its unique real-time storytelling model, the drama pioneered the modern-day TV cliffhanger.

Even its scheduling was an innovation — a returning hit that airs in midseason without repeats.

“I’d like it to be remembered as a revolutionary concept,�  Gordon said. “I hope the second thing is that we loved this show so much and never did anything less than our best and I hope we delivered to our fans like we feel we did to ourselves.�
http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/03/fox-cancels-24.html

'24' showrunner talks series finale, future plans

Howard Gordon, “24�  executive producer and showrunner talks about the the decision to cancel the series and what’s next for Jack Bauer.
THR: What's next for "24"?

Gordon: There are other possible iterations of Jack Bauer and his world -- whether a movie or some other sort of scenario. We're developing the movie, Billy Ray (� State of Play,�  “Shattered Glass� ) is writing it. It depends on how well it comes out and Fox's appetite. Most importantly it's about ending the show right and doing it with the same level of intensity and commitment that we started with.

THR: When's the soonest that fans could realistically expect a feature film?

Gordon: Obviously the script's still being written. It could be as early as next year depending on how things come together.
THR: Since the setting shifts to Europe for the movie, will CTU still play a role?

Gordon: Yes and no. Jack is really the center of it, catching up with him emotionally and locationally where he is. The opportunity is not to use the real-time aspect and also to do it on a scale the TV show never allowed.

THR: Is there anything TV-related that you're looking to do in the future with the “24�  brand?

Gordon: There are conversations about that. If one of the writers came up with a good idea, I'd happily pitch to Kiefer and happily pitch the show to the network -- whether Fox or someone else. We just don't have that idea and that's where everything has to start.

THR: You never pitched an idea for next season?

Gordon: We couldn't come up with something that really satisfied us. We've done everything we feel we can do with that character in this format.

THR: How ending the show come about?

Gordon: It helped that this was the end of a lot of peoples' contracts. There was a deal finiteness in place. Also, every year is a high-wire act. We all look at each other and ask, 'Can we really do this again?' and it's not with complete conviction that we say, 'Yes.' As an act of faith and effort, we get through it. This year Kiefer said it felt like the senior year of high school.

THR: How do you want “24�  the series to be remembered?

Gordon: I'd like it to be remembered as a revolutionary concept. The second thing is that we loved this show so much and never did anything less than our best. I hope we delivered to our fans like we feel we did to ourselves. We loved this show from the very first hour to the last hour, so I hope people think of it being consistently at that quality and that it never dipped too terribly -- except for season six.

THR: Can you tease to the rest of the season?

Gordon: We've taken a risk in the last eight episodes. It was challenging to the writers to the actors. We're taking a risk, the show has to do that. Without spoiling what's to come, it's pretty dark and complex and a place that was uncomfortable for us to write and for some of the actors to act. We really swung for the fences. Because the show is as old as it is, this season hasn't really been given its due. But our audience is hanging in there with us and I think it's been a very successful season.

THR: How has this decision creatively impacted the ending?
Gordon: There have been a couple other season-enders that would have been spectacular series enders. Season four, season five and last year. I was more aware this time of ending something that really felt surprising, but not cheap; emotionally consistent. Some will throw their shoes at the screen, inevitably some will be angry, some will say they hated it the last three years. You can't please everybody you can only do the best you can do. I'm hoping people lean forward. I'm hoping the first feeling people have is, "Damn I miss it, I want more."
http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/03/24-finale-.html

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2010, 05:06:58 PM »

So, who wants to pitch in the $3.5 million and buy it with me?

NBC contemplated it but didn't think it would be in their best interest.

no
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2010, 05:44:21 PM »

no
Yeah, I understand people saying the show isn't what it once was and the writers kind of running out of ideas.  But I still think it's one of the best shows on TV and will be sad to see it go.  If NBC can't find a use for it, you know there's trouble.  Although maybe NBC just can't afford it because of the financial mess they've put themselves in.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2010, 08:19:26 PM »

no
Yeah, I understand people saying the show isn't what it once was and the writers kind of running out of ideas.  But I still think it's one of the best shows on TV and will be sad to see it go.   If NBC can't find a use for it, you know there's trouble.  Although maybe NBC just can't afford it because of the financial mess they've put themselves in.

Damn straight Faldor!   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2010, 08:29:44 PM »

id of said it needs to continue. Until i started watching this new series which ive found pretty average. Only the last episode i watched was like old 24 (hint/spoiler. the one with the EMP)

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2010, 11:06:22 PM »

id of said it needs to continue. Until i started watching this new series which ive found pretty average. Only the last episode i watched was like old 24 (hint/spoiler. the one with the EMP)
Just wait till the next episode.  That's all I'm gonna say, I don't want to give anything away.  Hopefully that wasn't too much.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2010, 11:26:13 AM »

Just wait till the next episode.  That's all I'm gonna say, I don't want to give anything away.  Hopefully that wasn't too much.

Seriously!  The the last 2 episodes have been fucking great.  That Arab leader's daughter, Kyla? she's smokin' hot.   yes
I will be sad to see 24 go.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »

well i get to see it tonight! So, fingers crossed it keeps me on the edge of my seat like last episode, cause i loved it. Felt like the way 24 should be, where i go "OOHHHH DAMN IT" when the hour closes!

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2010, 05:54:27 PM »

And its gone back to being generally average again.

A big shame we are probably half way through now and im really not feeling this season at all. Its such a shame, because its the final season n i wanted Jack to go out with a bang.

Ive liked many 24 seasons, most people say they hated season 6. I absolutely loved it, its one of my favorites ive seen. All of the seasons ive seen have been epic. But this one....just isnt cutting it.

I hate Dana Walsh, although they did make her a little more interesting in the last epsiode.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2010, 06:22:36 PM »

And its gone back to being generally average again.

A big shame we are probably half way through now and im really not feeling this season at all. Its such a shame, because its the final season n i wanted Jack to go out with a bang.

Ive liked many 24 seasons, most people say they hated season 6. I absolutely loved it, its one of my favorites ive seen. All of the seasons ive seen have been epic. But this one....just isnt cutting it.

I hate Dana Walsh, although they did make her a little more interesting in the last epsiode.
You didn't like that last episode? 

I'll admit, most of the hour I was cursing out the Dana Walsh character and hoping she'd get caught or something so her part would be over with.  But the ending was a shocker to me and made me go, "alright, now I get it".  They wanted us to hate her, and for good reason.  Although I talked to my mom and she had the opposite reaction.  She was starting to feel sorry for her.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2010, 06:46:48 PM »

Faldor, I felt bad for Dana just like your mom.  In fact, I was just hoping she'd use the EMP blast to take out the parole officer.  Needless to say I didn't like that dude (even though he was just doing his job).

Give it some time...from what I understand, the ending could be "dark."  Jack Bauer's character is worth the watch every week in my opinion.  I'll be sad to see it go.   Cry

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2010, 07:05:30 PM »

Faldor, I felt bad for Dana just like your mom.  In fact, I was just hoping she'd use the EMP blast to take out the parole officer.  Needless to say I didn't like that dude (even though he was just doing his job).

Give it some time...from what I understand, the ending could be "dark."  Jack Bauer's character is worth the watch every week in my opinion.  I'll be sad to see it go.   Cry
I just haven't liked Dana all season.  And I like the guy playing the parole officer.  I forget the guys name but I liked him as Jimmy James in News Radio and Melvin in Office Space.  Dana was just getting to me recently and at the end of the episode it all made sense to me.  I was kind of upset that I couldn't see it coming, it seemed so obvious when it was said and done.  I really enjoyed the last 2 episodes.  I'd have to think they'd break out all the stops knowing this is the final season, though they probably won't do anything TOO drastic since the movie is on the horizon.  So obviously, Jack will survive.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2010, 08:09:01 AM »

They better give Jack a good send off.

i was pissed off yesterday, i wanted to start buying the 24 boxsets as it will be fun to relive the past memories. I havent watched the first series since like....2004/2005 :S

However. The cost, PER SET is like ?38!!!

html sucks
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2010, 10:28:50 AM »

That's probably because a lot of people, like yourself, want to buy them now, so they have rocketed a bit.

I didn't pay more than ?20 for any of mine, most of them were about ?15.

You should have bought them before this season started!, the price probably won't drop until after it finishes now.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2010, 10:50:36 AM »

Doesn't hulu.com offer pretty much every season, streaming, for free?  Sure, you gotta deal with a couple of commercials...but it beats paying big bucks for the box sets if you want to catch up NOW.

If you REALLY want to own them (I do....I've bought seasons 1-6, so far...so I understand the compulsion) here's my suggestion:  Wait until Season 8 comes out on DVD.  Usually, right around the time the "newest" season comes out, all the rest go on sale.  I've never paid more than $25 for any one season...and I've found them for as little as $20 on sale, at times.

The one caveat:  Season 1 can be a pain in the ass to find on sale.  It's the one I have the hardest time tracking down, when I want to get a friend "hooked". 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: