Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 01:20:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  24:Season 8 (trailer)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 24:Season 8 (trailer)  (Read 24343 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 11:19:05 AM »

From what little I saw of last nights episodes, the show seemed to have redeemed itself from the boring 'storyline set-up' shows of the previous night.  ok

I don't know if it's fact that Keifer won't be back next season but IMO by adding the granddaughter character, the Jack character pretty much 'jumped the shark'  Undecided

Also, IMO, they really need to make the Freddie Prinze Jr character way more of a bad-ass if they expect people to continue watching if in fact this is Keifer's last season.  

I almost expected Rachel Leigh Cook from She's All That or the rest of the Scooby Doo gang to jump out somewhere....

But really if he took on a bad-ass role and was buddy-buddy with Jack, similar to how Tony was, I think it'd be great.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 12:55:56 PM »

I dont want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it yet but....the ending of the 4th hour  drool I was shocked lol

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »

Also Jacks first kill was amazing when he was running up those stairs . I dont think he ever used that weapon in the past to kill someone and it was badass  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2010, 01:11:21 PM »

First 2 hours were, IMHO, a very good start.  The "groundwork" usually starts slowly in 24...I'm used to that.

Then last nigh= PRIMO!  I'm completely hooked again, especially with the ending they put up.

One thing: Do we KNOW this is Keiffer/Jack's last season?  Or are just assuming because of the "all he has to do is survive one more day" tag line?
I don't think it's been established that it's his last day.  His contract is up after this year though, isn't it?  People are just assuming, but nothing is for sure as far as I know.

I thought he'd agreed to do Season 9??  Maybe I'm misremembering...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2010, 09:55:06 PM »

the start of this season is amazing

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 09:43:51 AM »

ok well, seeing as a few people are ahead. please be careful with spoilers!

html sucks
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 10:48:05 AM »

download the 1.09gig torrents of each episode, take the tv out/hdmi out connection from your pc/laptop into your tv and there you go, you can keep up with the US like i am  Grin

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 01:05:01 PM »

download the 1.09gig torrents of each episode, take the tv out/hdmi out connection from your pc/laptop into your tv and there you go, you can keep up with the US like i am  Grin
i would. any other time i would, ive got software to convert downloaded movies to send through the network to my ps3 so it plays on the big screen.

but............

i promised my girlfriend id watch it with her......

html sucks
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 01:21:26 PM »

i would. any other time i would, ive got software to convert downloaded movies to send through the network to my ps3 so it plays on the big screen.

but............

Sounds like a GREAT reason to cuddle up on the couch together and spend an evening (or 20) at home. Smiley

Together again,
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2010, 02:19:17 PM »

but............

Sounds like a GREAT reason to cuddle up on the couch together and spend an evening (or 20) at home. Smiley
yup yup.

did the same last year. Except before it was on mondays so it worked out a little easier.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2010, 06:53:42 PM »

i agree on it being a bit of an underwhelming start.

i dislike the new CTU characters. Too polished, look like they came from some horrible show like "The Hills".

Outside of the shitty new CTU though, not bad. I think out of all the cast, if they continued with a new lead, id like it to be Renee.

html sucks
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2010, 07:52:39 AM »

i dislike the new CTU characters. Too polished, look like they came from some horrible show like "The Hills".

Outside of the shitty new CTU though, not bad. I think out of all the cast, if they continued with a new lead, id like it to be Renee.

I suspect we're SUPPOSED to dislike the new CTU folks.  Given how things are playing out (so far), I suspect they are going to be a hiderance (other than Freddie's character), rather than a help, to Jack. 

Together again,
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »

I suspect we're SUPPOSED to dislike the new CTU folks.  Given how things are playing out (so far), I suspect they are going to be a hiderance (other than Freddie's character), rather than a help, to Jack. 

the director of ctu sucks. and i agree we are supposed to dislike the new people.

fast start though which is a definate good thing.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2010, 06:47:20 PM »

the director of ctu sucks. and i agree we are supposed to dislike the new people.

fast start though which is a definate good thing.
Yeah that guy needs to go, and quick.  I don't suspect he'll last the day.  Imagine how far ahead they'd be if they just listened to Chloe and Jack.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2010, 06:57:42 PM »

the head came across as a bit power crazy to me. im sure it will be his downfall!

jacks already raped him with his use of information to get what he wants.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2010, 05:57:50 AM »

not happy with it at all so far. 4 episodes in. It doesnt have the same suspense or engaging plot. Very dissappointed atm.

html sucks
Chief
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2010, 09:37:47 PM »

i hope it improves but i like it so far.. i just hate how it seems like every new season there is someone at CTU who has all kinds of personal drama interfering with their job!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2010, 10:08:06 PM »

i hope it improves but i like it so far.. i just hate how it seems like every new season there is someone at CTU who has all kinds of personal drama interfering with their job!!!
I kind of like that chicks ex.  He's a funny dude.  He's an ass of course, but he's made me laugh with a few of his comments this season.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2010, 04:56:24 PM »

I have enjoyed the new 24. It has been fast paced and contains a good mix of old and new characters.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2010, 06:28:04 AM »

24 Movie Edges Ever Nearer
Billy Ray in talks with Fox to write
Source: EW
24 Movie Edges Ever Nearer    

For years, Fox has been teasing us with the possibility of a 24 movie. It?s happening. Then it?s not happening. Then it?s happening again. Then it?s not. Then it?s happening as a wrap-up for the show. Then it?s happening in addition to the show. Then it?s not happening. And so on, and so forth. There?s been so many twists in the tale, dammit, that even Jack Bauer himself might find it hard to keep up.

But now, it would seem, it?s happening. For real. Definitely. Why? Because EW is reporting that Billy Ray, the writer-director of the excellent Shattered Glass and the less-excellent Breach, has pitched Fox his take on a 24 movie screenplay ? and it would seem that they?re biting.

Now, let?s not get too carried away yet. This is all very early doors, and any decision on a 24 movie is apparently dependent on the fate of the TV show. Currently in its eighth season, 24 has been experiencing a small ratings downturn recently, and the moment of renewal truth grows ever nearer, with the show?s writing staff about to embark on writing the final two episodes. If Fox cancels the show, those two episodes will becomes a series finale and, in all probability, a set-up for the movie. If Fox decide to keep Jack chugging away for Season Nine, the movie may be delayed. Again.

If the movie happens, it seems unlikely that Ray would direct, but he?s a fine choice as writer. He?s got a pretty good track record with big-screen thrillers ? he wrote State Of Play and the in-development, hotly-touted, President-under-siege movie, Motorcade ? and could be the right guy to bring Kiefer Sutherland?s apparently unstoppable bad-ass to the silver screen.

Thoughts? Are you still excited about a 24 movie? Or is it time to give Jack a quiet and dignified farewell?

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=26967

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: