Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:40:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How are tickets selling so far for the tour....?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How are tickets selling so far for the tour....?  (Read 16060 times)
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« on: November 21, 2009, 01:12:31 PM »

If this is posted somewhere else, sorry.....

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 01:24:52 PM »

Why are you asking?

We don't have any numbers at this point.

Now I know some are quick to point out "but the shows aren't sold out". What they often chose to ignore is the number of shows GN'R has booked.

How often do you hear the "why are they playing in that place? They should just play in the bigger city and it would sell out" line? Like it's a given that thousands of people are actually prepared to travel on a week night to another city to see a concert (when they skip their hometown).

Like in GN'R's case, assumptions are made that everybody in Hamilton who bought a ticket to that show would be going to Toronto instead if there had not been a Hamilton show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 02:08:50 PM »

I for one am just happy too see GNR go on tour , I could care less how many tickets were sold , I bought myself one and am telling anybody who listens that they are going back on tour , besides .The live experience is what its all about not " they will never sale out a arena ".

Just to toss some numbers around Metallica tickets for DEC 8 TH arco arena went on sale 9 months ago and still haven't sold out , who cares buy a ticket and go have fun .Don't worry about the set lists , dont worry about who's opening , dont worry about what time the take stage , and party your Freaking arsesssss off .

Greatest experince i ever had with GNR was singing SCOM live right along with Mr. Rose
BFD
Headliner

Do you know where you are???

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 02:25:03 PM »

The last I checked Hamilton only had limited tickets available in the $90 range, $60 tickets and floors were sold out.  Most of the other venues GNR have shows at aren't selling quite as hot but still better than I had expected with five shows within a few hours of driving from the Greater Toronto Area.  I am only going to the Hamilton show.  It's not in the budget to do more unfortunately.

"And I'll leave you lying on the bed.  With your ass in the air."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 03:20:37 PM »

I for one am just happy too see GNR go on tour , I could care less how many tickets were sold , I bought myself one and am telling anybody who listens that they are going back on tour , besides .The live experience is what its all about not " they will never sale out a arena ".

Agreed. I'm beside myself excited with the chance to see GNR! I couldn't care less how many tickets are sold.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 03:36:14 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES: Korean Ticket Sales Break Records - Nov. 17, 2009

Kim Hyung-eun of JoongAng Daily reports that GUNS N' ROSES' will visit Seoul next month for its first gig in Korea.

"Tickets sales have already broken records set by other successful concerts we organized earlier in the year, like the LADY GAGA show this August," Yvette Moon, a manager at Access Entertainment, said on Monday.

Read the entire report from JoongAng Daily.

Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »

Why are you asking?

Now I know some are quick to point out "but the shows aren't sold out". What they often chose to ignore is the number of shows GN'R has booked.

How often do you hear the "why are they playing in that place? They should just play in the bigger city and it would sell out" line? Like it's a given that thousands of people are actually prepared to travel on a week night to another city to see a concert (when they skip their hometown).

Like in GN'R's case, assumptions are made that everybody in Hamilton who bought a ticket to that show would be going to Toronto instead if there had not been a Hamilton show.

/jarmo

its just talking points for the naysayers.   the people who are so upset that GnR is about to tour, they look for every little thing they can to call it a failure just so they can promote their own agendas.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 06:36:46 PM »

Why are you asking?

/jarmo

its just talking points for the naysayers.   the people who are so upset that GnR is about to tour, they look for every little thing they can to call it a failure just so they can promote their own agendas.

Who the hell is upset about GNR touring?!  Def. not us in Canada!!!!!!  The shows will all sell out. IMO
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »

this is laughable. the guy asked a question. im no naysayer and cd is my favorite album, but i would like to see how the shows are selling.

poop
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 07:16:09 PM »

this is laughable. the guy asked a question. im no naysayer and cd is my favorite album, but i would like to see how the shows are selling.

Theres no way of knowing though.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 07:20:53 PM »

Because?

I'm curious as to why you need to know how the shows are selling?

I'd love to see every show sell out in a minute, but that's not something I "worry" about....

I get that some people want to know for legit reasons, like wanting to attend but have no money right now so they wanna know if it's gonna be sold out soon...

But then we have those who "obsess" over things like ticket sales (so they can point out how wrong GN'R is for playing in so-and-so place), what songs were not played (so they can point out what kind of set GN'R needs to play), how many people they saw leaving before the last song was over (to prove more of their non-existant theories) etc.

I'm not trying to piss off anybody who's interested in ticket sales for a "legit" reason, but I've seen the same shit happen so many times that it's not a surprise to me anymore.

Before every tour we get the same kind of posts from the same morons who "know better". They have already decided that GN'R's setlist isn't good enough... Seriously. How the fuck can you know before the tour has even started?

Not saying the thread starter is one of them since I honestly don't know....

But in the end, they're not going to the shows in Asia or Canada.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:22:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 07:56:37 PM »

Who the hell is upset about GNR touring?!  Def. not us in Canada!!!!!!  The shows will all sell out. IMO

I'm very happy for you guys in Canada.   A little jealous too.  Tongue

I also think the shows will sell well, with a good number of sellouts.

sadly, there is a portion of the GnR fanbase who resents the band now and who look for any reason to bitch about anything they can.  You can tell they are pissed off that GnR is about to tour.   Thread after thread its bitch moan complain, and definitely assume the worst.  all under the guise of being a "realist".  (its not really happening here so much as the other gnr boards.)
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 08:05:38 PM »

I need to get on ticketmaster and look into a few of the Canada dates

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »

I think once they play in Asia, the Canuck Gunners will see that this is for real and gobble up those tickets.

That's my feeling.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »

Because?

I'm curious as to why you need to know how the shows are selling?

I'd love to see every show sell out in a minute, but that's not something I "worry" about....

I get that some people want to know for legit reasons, like wanting to attend but have no money right now so they wanna know if it's gonna be sold out soon...

But then we have those who "obsess" over things like ticket sales (so they can point out how wrong GN'R is for playing in so-and-so place), what songs were not played (so they can point out what kind of set GN'R needs to play), how many people they saw leaving before the last song was over (to prove more of their non-existant theories) etc.

I'm not trying to piss off anybody who's interested in ticket sales for a "legit" reason, but I've seen the same shit happen so many times that it's not a surprise to me anymore.

Before every tour we get the same kind of posts from the same morons who "know better". They have already decided that GN'R's setlist isn't good enough... Seriously. How the fuck can you know before the tour has even started?

Not saying the thread starter is one of them since I honestly don't know....

But in the end, they're not going to the shows in Asia or Canada.

/jarmo

i'm just saying it was quick jump of the gun and i understand where you are coming from, but the poster just asked a question. he doesn't "worry" as you put it.

that korean news is great news and it deserves attention. setting records in ticket sales is commendable.

poop
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 11:41:21 PM »

all I know is it will probably very last minute for me to get to a show in Canada, and I sure as hell hope there is 1 tix at least when I can commit ...I have many friends, Ill probably meet up with, but end of the day its fucking exciting GNR are touring, and the next show will be my 20th, so come hell or whatever, I will find a way!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Yellow Discipline
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 12:28:45 AM »

I wanna go to the Hamilton show.

Gotta get a pathport first... hope there at tickets left.  That's why I care about how these dates are selling.
Lurk
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to KFC

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 01:06:42 AM »

There are 3,000 tickets left in Seoul. This is awesome, as Koreans tend to leave buying things like concert tickets until the last minute. Billy Joel is huge here, and though he sold out, people were able to buy tickets on the night.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 05:17:26 AM »

There are 3,000 tickets left in Seoul. This is awesome, as Koreans tend to leave buying things like concert tickets until the last minute. Billy Joel is huge here, and though he sold out, people were able to buy tickets on the night.
what is the capacity of stadium in seoul?
plissken2013
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 05:41:13 AM »

80% of the tickets sold, a few weeks before the show. This seems pretty good. Does it compare to bands like AC/DC, Metallica and Co in South Korea?

I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
Someone please tell me it's not a train
Cracker

Political correctness is for dumbasses

Mods are the new Hitlers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: