Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:47:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 146844 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 03:57:52 PM »

Trade looks a lil one side from here with the Yanks being the winners.

A power arm that's gonna give them 200 + innings for Cabrera (no clue Dunn is) seems like a good move.  

You can never have enough starting pitching..

Haven't heard anythng about DeRosa and the Yanks although he'd cost about half as much Damon...

being a lifelong Brave fan, i thought the same thing BUT, we cleared a bunch of salary to go after an OF maybe Jason Bay and we still have Lowe,Hudson,Hanson,

we pick up a big minor league arm from the Yanks and Vazquez can be hit or miss plus would've been our 4th starter.

our OF has been terrible last couple seasons. so getting Melky and signing a big OF free agent equals win for us, plus Vazquez sucks in the AL

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 05:59:55 PM »

I do a see an upside from a Braves perspective I just think the Yanks will benfit more quickly..

As for Holliday possibly being a Yank, that would be a pure Boras/cash thing.

He's not an American League guy, doesn't like the style of baseball - it's just got bad fit written all over it..

Not sayin' it won't happen but smart money says it's Jack Clark 20 years later...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 07:14:19 PM »

Trade looks a lil one side from here with the Yanks being the winners.

A power arm that's gonna give them 200 + innings for Cabrera (no clue Dunn is) seems like a good move.  

You can never have enough starting pitching..

Haven't heard anythng about DeRosa and the Yanks although he'd cost about half as much Damon...

being a lifelong Brave fan, i thought the same thing BUT, we cleared a bunch of salary to go after an OF maybe Jason Bay and we still have Lowe,Hudson,Hanson,

we pick up a big minor league arm from the Yanks and Vazquez can be hit or miss plus would've been our 4th starter.

our OF has been terrible last couple seasons. so getting Melky and signing a big OF free agent equals win for us, plus Vazquez sucks in the AL

Dunn has the ability to be a big minor league arm. He tops out around 98mph. But he is inconsistent and has some control issues.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 06:24:02 AM »

Was definitely up this year, but he made $1.4M this past season, so I would think he'd be bumped up to at least 2.5... ESPN projected him at 3, if that's worth anything.  But, anyway, yes, still a not-as-good player for more money in DeRosa.

You're 100% correct.  I "time warped" and was looking at his '08 stats (435k, etc).  It's been a LONG week! Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 06:33:10 AM »

Cashman said, last night on MLB hot stove, that the Yanks are on the verge of signing another position player (and, as stated here...the rumor is it's DeRosa).  Interestingly, he also said, flat out, that Damon is no longer an option.....

We'll see if it's true or not.

Together again,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 07:05:02 AM »

I remember when Derosa started as a brave and couldn't do shit........... looks like he finally turned into something.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 02:28:02 PM »

Hi kids,

Would you like to read a story before bedtime?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-mannion23-2009dec23,0,2015750,full.story
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 02:34:35 PM »

I prefer "The Night Before Christmas", personally.

But man, do I feel for Dodgers fans.  It's sure looking like THEY'RE the ones getting screwed in the divorce proceedings (denial or not).  The Dodgers could very well pull a "first to worst" in one fell swoop....

Together again,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 02:42:13 PM »

I prefer "The Night Before Christmas", personally.

But man, do I feel for Dodgers fans.  It's sure looking like THEY'RE the ones getting screwed in the divorce proceedings (denial or not).  The Dodgers could very well pull a "first to worst" in one fell swoop....

One of the most stories franchises in all of sports....going down the tubes like this.

I'm not going to take this sitting down.  Watch SportsCenter on Opening Day.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »

Looks like the Mets are still after Bay/Holliday..

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/commishs-hot-stove/commishs-hot-stove/2009/12/the-mets-and-matt-holliday/

The Mets are still in pursuit of free-agent outfielders Jason Bay and Matt Holliday, the team?s general manager Omar Minaya said at an event honoring Roberto Clemente over the weekend in New York. When asked by the New York Sports Day web site why the Mets are not pursuing Holiday in addition to Bay, Minaya replied, ?We are pursuing Matt Holiday. It seems to be easier to make a deal for Jason Bay.?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2009, 05:44:05 PM »

Ken Rosenthal's reporting DeRosa is close to a 2 year deal with the Giants..

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Rosenthal-DeRosa-Giants-122809

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2009, 06:18:55 PM »

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/commishs-hot-stove/commishs-hot-stove/2009/12/the-mets-and-matt-holliday/

The Mets are still in pursuit of free-agent outfielders Jason Bay and Matt Holliday, the team?s general manager Omar Minaya said at an event honoring Roberto Clemente over the weekend in New York. When asked by the New York Sports Day web site why the Mets are not pursuing Holiday in addition to Bay, Minaya replied, ?We are pursuing Matt Holiday. It seems to be easier to make a deal for Jason Bay.?
It's looking like nobody wants to play for the Mets these days.  At least not the highly sought after free agents like Bay and Holliday.  They've clearly given Bay the best offer, but he's hesitant to sign.  It's almost like he's just waiting, hoping, and praying that some other team will up the ante.  No team has been willing to so far, the 5 million less that Boston offered him could look more attractive to him with each passing day.  Reports out of Boston are it's possible they could still be a player for either Holliday or Bay, but I don't see either happening.  Holliday is just looking for too much money.  If Bay really doesn't want to play for the Mets and no other team gives him what he wants I guess it'd be possible he could come crawling back to Boston, but only on their terms.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 09:23:16 AM »

It's looking like nobody wants to play for the Mets these days.  At least not the highly sought after free agents like Bay and Holliday.  They've clearly given Bay the best offer, but he's hesitant to sign.  It's almost like he's just waiting, hoping, and praying that some other team will up the ante.  No team has been willing to so far, the 5 million less that Boston offered him could look more attractive to him with each passing day.  Reports out of Boston are it's possible they could still be a player for either Holliday or Bay, but I don't see either happening.  Holliday is just looking for too much money.  If Bay really doesn't want to play for the Mets and no other team gives him what he wants I guess it'd be possible he could come crawling back to Boston, but only on their terms.

The Yanks still need a left fielder. Smiley  If he went "cheap" enough, I think they'd likely enter the fray.

Together again,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 07:07:12 PM »

Bay to the Mets..

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4779416

They need a helluva lot more than him to right that rudderless ship...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 02:13:34 AM »

Bay to the Mets..

Coupon and Coupon Jr. need to sell that team.  By following the Yankees model, they will continue failing.  They were the anti-Yankees and the last few years they have been trying to be just like the Yankees.  They tried to create an artificial demand by downsizing their stadium.  By fielding a bad team, you could find tickets on StubHub for pennies on gameday.  A few more years of this and they won't have anyone coming through the turnstiles.

I could go deeper on this subject, but I'll leave you guys with this for now.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 07:47:43 AM »

Bay to the Mets..

It makes them better.  But they still have a hole behind Santana in the rotation they need to plug. 

We'll see how Bay adjusts to Citi Field, defensively.

Together again,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »

We'll see how Bay adjusts to Citi Field, defensively.

That'll be interesting to watch - he was serviceable at best at Fenway so let the math be done..

Bay with the Mets has .240, 20 HR's, 85 RBI and 180 K's written all over it...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2009, 09:34:13 AM »

Cards reportedly offering Holliday 8 years, 16 million per.  Also, reportedly, the Cards are pretty confident he's going to take it.

Sox reportedly talking to Boras about Beltre...but unless his price comes down (or the Sox suddenly change course and decide they're OK with paying the luxury tax next season), I'm not sure how that will work out.

They're paying Lowell, at this point, no matter what. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:48:47 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 09:58:28 AM »

the phillies great run of the last few years has been a little more enjoyable knowing that they have played a role in the Mets demise. it's been satisfying to watch.  hihi

this signing tells me they haven't figured it out yet. they don't have unlimited funds and that's alot of money to pay someone that could end up being quite average.

their nucleus certainly is not as good as they thought it was 2-3 years ago. they should be focused on pitching and defense IMO. my guess is that they will be lucky to be in the running for a playoff spot next september.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 10:00:34 AM »

Cards reportedly offering Holliday 8 years, 16 million per.

The last I'd heard was 5 years at 16 per which is fine, not sure if I'd go 8
at that price..

Knowing Boras, he's probably seeking a full "no trade" so the Cards better protect them selves with some sort of club option past 5 years..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: