Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:11:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Perform At Grammy Awards Show Tonight
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Perform At Grammy Awards Show Tonight  (Read 34095 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 11:35:24 PM »

I didn't like the performance of anyone on the stage except Slash. Their songs were turds, and you can't polish a turd. Even is Slash's tone and playing was perfect, he was playing on an overall shitty performance.
I agree to a point.  That performance was just beyond awful.  That has to be among the worst grammy performances in history, if not the very worst ever.  That was just horrendous from the start.  And while Slash may not have been able to save the performance, he certainly didn't do anything to help it at all.  Honestly, I don't think I've seen anything that bad in a long time.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2010, 11:45:46 PM »

That was really shitty.  Worst performance of NR ever.  Complete disgrace to GNR.  What the fuck are you doing Slash?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2010, 11:55:28 PM »

What a fuckin mess!  Auto-tune, out-of-tune, and just not in tune with reality.  I've given Slash the benefit of the doubt before, but to sign on for this shit, and then to damage November Rain like that is just sickening.  For shame!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2010, 12:15:22 AM »

Wow, I'm not even going to watch this.   Sad how pathetic this guy has stooped.   Should just move on and do his VR/Solo thing.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 12:21:36 AM »

Wow, I'm not even going to watch this.   Sad how pathetic this guy has stooped.   Should just move on and do his VR/Solo thing.
Well I imagine these things are done to increase his exposure which in the end will help his solo work.  I mean, that performance itself couldn't have done anything to help.  But the fact that he was SEEN tonight, on American Idol, at the Super Bowl, etc.  That seems to be his goal. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2010, 12:22:38 AM »

Well I imagine these things are done to increase his exposure which in the end will help his solo work.  I mean, that performance itself couldn't have done anything to help.  But the fact that he was SEEN tonight, on American Idol, at the Super Bowl, etc.  That seems to be his goal. 
Am I reading correctly that he played the NR solo over a rap tune?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 12:23:50 AM »

Yeah, over an auto tuned rap tune.  It was beyond awful.  And Slash really didn't sound too good himself.  I don't know if he was trying to play the NR outro note for note or not.  If he was, he failed miserably.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2010, 12:24:38 AM »

Yes, watch it Jim Bob, you know you want to. Slash played the November Rain outro with Jamie foxx, T-Pain and Doug E. Fresh.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2010, 12:30:01 AM »

no one can dispute that his guitar was super low in the mix and it didn't have any edge to it. so that was a giant part of why it sounded so bad. That Rose Bowl with Fergie thing had the same problem

over all though, YES it is very very lame and shitty of him to do this over that shit auto tune stuff

very disappointed in Slash at the moment.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2010, 12:34:23 AM »

From an interview I just saw posted elsewhere with Slash this was Jamie Foxx's idea as he called Slash about it. Slash says he was initially skeptical, but thinks the final thing was going to turn out pretty cool after having rehearsed it. He did say it was the most eclectic collaboration he has ever done.

Maybe he should use some more discretion in saying yes when presented with collaboration ideas.

I do wish he had been higher in the mix though. It was not his best sounding tone ever, but the guitar was awfully low in the mix as I would like to have heard it better.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2010, 12:35:48 AM »

The sun will rise tomorrow.  For the haters, this will all be forgotten soon anyway, still cool to see him.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2010, 12:39:05 AM »

Considering its a song he claimed he hated and didn't want to do.. its just a little bit silly.

considering even D hates it, I'll take that as enough reason to not watch it. 

Only the biggest slash fanboys are praising it and they'd praise a bucket of slash's feces.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2010, 12:41:32 AM »

Considering its a song he claimed he hated and didn't want to do.. its just a little bit silly.

Only the biggest slash fanboys are praising it and they'd praise a bucket of slash's feces.

Jim Bob, you have to watch it. This is a vindication of everything you have been telling people about Slash for years now. It's like putting a beer in front of an alcoholic and them picking that moment too quite drinking. You just need to do it.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2010, 12:42:43 AM »

I know he was a great part of GNR< and its history.. but I seriously would wish he would stand more on really his things, .. ya know new things, like new things..but in the scheme of things, today and now after how many yrs .. he chose that and butchered himself with it.. thats fucked upped just plain and simple.......!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2010, 12:44:10 AM »

All the rappers sucked tonight except for Eminem, that guy is awesome.

Jim Bob, it does Suck, but it sucks with or without Slash...  Nothing he played could have made that performance sound good.  
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2010, 12:44:28 AM »

Jim Bob, you have to watch it. This is a vindication of everything you have been telling people about Slash for years now. It's like putting a beer in front of an alcoholic and them picking that moment too quite drinking. You just need to do it.

Nah, if I want to hear November Rain I will youtube performances from the current tour or perhaps even 2006.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2010, 12:45:39 AM »

I know he was a great part of GNR< and its history.. but I seriously would wish he would stand more on really his things, .. ya know new things, like new things..but in the scheme of things, today and now after how many yrs .. he chose that and butchered himself with it.. thats fucked upped just plain and simple.......!!

Didn't he just donate a brand new unreleased song for the people of Haiti?  Doesn't he have a new solo album coming out?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2010, 12:45:54 AM »

The Grammy's are a joke anyway. I watched most of the show, and the only performance that was really good was the tribute to Michael Jackson, although I also liked DMB and Bon Jovi's performances.

But yeah, on a night of lame performances, the Jamie Foxx one was by far the worst. I didn't know Slash was supposed to perform during it, so I had changed the commercial because it was hurting my ears. I turned back to it briefly and there was Slash in the middle of all these lame rappers, playing November Rain's aborted fetus.

I love Slash, but pretty much everything he does nowadays proves that Axl's right about Slash being a sell-out. Slash has done a lot of questionable things, but this was rock bottom. Pretty bad considering he just played on a Rihanna song, too. For a guy who likes to brag about integrity, he sure doesn't show any of it anymore.

Here Today . . .
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2010, 12:48:09 AM »

The Grammy's are a joke anyway. I watched most of the show, and the only performance that was really good was the tribute to Michael Jackson, although I also liked DMB and Bon Jovi's performances.

But yeah, on a night of lame performances, the Jamie Foxx one was by far the worst. I didn't know Slash was supposed to perform during it, so I had changed the commercial because it was hurting my ears. I turned back to it briefly and there was Slash in the middle of all these lame rappers, playing November Rain's aborted fetus.

I love Slash, but pretty much everything he does nowadays proves that Axl's right about Slash being a sell-out. Slash has done a lot of questionable things, but this was rock bottom. Pretty bad considering he just played on a Rihanna song, too. For a guy who likes to brag about integrity, he sure doesn't show any of it anymore.

OMG, Slash played live on a bad song!!!!!  KILL HIM, KILL HIM AT ONCE!!!!    Roll Eyes
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2010, 12:49:34 AM »

Pretty bad considering he just played on a Rihanna song, too.

At the Super Bowl next week he and Will i Am (Blacked Eyed Peas) are releasing a remix version of The Who's "My Generation."

It is Slashmania out there right now as he is popping up everywhere, and if it seems bad now, just wait until it kicks into hyper drive when he releases his album in April.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: