Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:47:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses might play in Big Brother Brazil
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses might play in Big Brother Brazil  (Read 6549 times)
Manets
Rocker

« on: February 05, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »

When asked on Twitter if there was any possibility of Guns N' Roses playing in any party at Big Brother Brazil, look which was the answer of Boninho, the director of the program:

we are already talking to them

Big Brother Brazil is the most watched TV program in Brazil, monopolizating all the audience when it's showned (Globo, 9 PM I think, everyday, and Multishow in a lots of hours during the day, and there's also Big Brother 24 HOURS, which the name says what time it's showned)

Boninho already tried to take to the program Beyonce, that's on tour in Brazil, and Coldplay, that will play in Brazil in March, but eh failed with both of them. But in this edition of Big Brother (which is the 10th) he already took Akon, and in other editions lots of famous bands and singers played there.
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 09:53:49 AM »

PLEASE tell me it's not true.

GN'R doesn't need this kind of promotion, specially in Brazil where most shows are selling out pretty well.

Perhaps broadcasting one of the concerts on TV or a snippet to the Big Brother folks would be more appropriate, but if the band gets there to play... it's just... low.

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 10:52:55 PM »

I hope it`s not true !!!!!!

GUNS N ROSES ARE REAL !!!!!!! NOT FUCKING REALITY SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 09:46:19 AM »

In my opinion this won't happen! Axl wouldn't accept this, It would be only for the money and I think that's not the band's priority now!

But I think It would be good for promotion...most people here in Brazil think that the band is still the same from Rock in Rio 2001, with a chubby and tired Axl Rose on lead vocals. That`s not true, the band is way better and so is Axl.

On Big Brother Brazil, it is common to see artists perform small sets in the house yard for the participants. Some artists that I can recall:
Simple Plan, Eagle Eye Cherry, Akon, Ja-Rule, Fatboy Slim and others...

It would be nice to see the band perform a semi-acoustic set, with You Aint the First, Dead Horse...  Grin

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 12:02:56 PM »

When asked on Twitter if there was any possibility of Guns N' Roses playing in any party at Big Brother Brazil, look which was the answer of Boninho, the director of the program:

we are already talking to them

Big Brother Brazil is the most watched TV program in Brazil, monopolizating all the audience when it's showned (Globo, 9 PM I think, everyday, and Multishow in a lots of hours during the day, and there's also Big Brother 24 HOURS, which the name says what time it's showned)

Boninho already tried to take to the program Beyonce, that's on tour in Brazil, and Coldplay, that will play in Brazil in March, but eh failed with both of them. But in this edition of Big Brother (which is the 10th) he already took Akon, and in other editions lots of famous bands and singers played there.

axl and reality shows??? i bet its not true.He is not the kind of man doing this things(and i dont know him,but....)
alimari
Rocker

Hey you, yeah you, not you, you over there... hi!

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 01:08:44 PM »

I hope it`s not true! BBB is a big pain in the ass.
And I don't think that a tv show manipulated by Globo deserves a band like GNR. Anyway, I bet those people ever heard Chinese Democracy...

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Guifris
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 01:14:51 PM »

big brother brazil sucks.

if gn'r play in this show,it will be good for them,to announce the chinese democracy,tour,things like that.

but i hope not,it's a fuckin bad program
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »

Of course that's just a long shot. Doesn't mean the band is willing to play on it.

I love the show, but seems like a weird thing for the band. But hey, Axl just talked about "surprising gigs"...

I hope it`s not true! BBB is a big pain in the ass.
And I don't think that a tv show manipulated by Globo deserves a band like GNR. Anyway, I bet those people ever heard Chinese Democracy...
They heard Better and If the World on previous seasons. And it's not manipulated. Tongue
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:33:28 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 01:10:07 AM »

I love the show

Yeah, of course you do. hihi

I remember when they played If The World... It was last year and I was just passing by the living room and that caught my attention.

I still don't like Boninho and Pedro Bial and I hope GNR won't play Big Brother. I don't see the point. The band doesn't need that kind of publicity and if any of the Big Brother participants recognise Sweet Child O Mine and think it's played by Nirvana, that's a huge step already.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 04:34:17 AM »

I love the show

if any of the Big Brother participants recognise Sweet Child O Mine and think it's played by Nirvana, that's a huge step already.

I have to agree with you... I can imagine they leaving the living room, and then Guns N Roses is ready to play in the backyard and one of the participants says: Hey! I remember that guy...he's from Nirvana isn't he??  rant rant

If The World was the theme song for one of the couples formed in the previous season of Big Brother...that chick was hot!!!  hihi

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: