Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:50:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOUR] Chinese Democracy to be re-released on March 3rd?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOUR] Chinese Democracy to be re-released on March 3rd?  (Read 33332 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2010, 04:09:12 AM »

Why is their a release date of 2/23/10 for CD on their myspace page?

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=5320152&albumid=15066693

Chinese Democracy
Guns N Roses
genre: Rock
label: Geffen
released: 02/23/10

The 'Full Length Digital' re-release date for CD was 02/23/10. The physical re-release date (i.e. CD) is 03/03/10.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »

Is there any advertising for this?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2010, 07:51:54 PM »

So when is Chinese D going to be appearing on the shelves at Target and shit? If the deal is done, why wait?

It's available for order through any outlet at this time. If any chain has interest in the record (in the US) it will be sitting in their back room waiting to be stocked on shelves tomorrow.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2010, 07:57:10 PM »

So when is Chinese D going to be appearing on the shelves at Target and shit? If the deal is done, why wait?

According to Target it'll be onsale tomorrow.

http://www.target.com/dp/B0038DWYJG/sr=1-2-mmb/qid=1267491370/ref=sr_2_2/181-8198419-3690059?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k:chinese%20democracy&page=1

Axl is God.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2010, 08:34:18 PM »

fucking awesome.  i wonder if the album will break back into the top of the charts again now that people can actually buy it.
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2010, 09:37:08 PM »

fucking awesome.  i wonder if the album will break back into the top of the charts again now that people can actually buy it.

wishful thinking but i don't see it doing to much/anymore damage !! Huh

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2010, 07:52:49 AM »

Plenty of people could've bought it at Best Buy. Uni chose to not promote the record properly. So until that changes, I wouldn't keep up hope. Not trying to be negative, but the problem lies with Uni not with where you can find the album.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2010, 07:59:45 AM »

indeed, the only thing promoting this record now is the SA tour and nothing more.
I think it wasn't just Universal's fault. but a lot of people involved.

to not promote this album was a bad risk and they blew it with that.
There were proper tools to promote it but some people just decided not to persue them.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »

I just went into a Target here in CT and there were no signs of Chinese Democracy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2010, 10:36:01 AM »

I think it wasn't just Universal's fault. but a lot of people involved.

Definitly, and people need to realise that.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2010, 11:20:25 AM »

I just went into a Target here in CT and there were no signs of Chinese Democracy.

Right. As previously started; if the buyers for those stores have interest in the record, you'll see it there. If they don't, you won't.

And I cannot stress enough; Chinese Democracy being available anywhere other than Best Buy is not the key to unlocking album sales.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2010, 02:07:06 PM »

I realize that.  I was just stating that I checked out a Target store today and there was no sign of Chinese Democracy. I realize the sales wouldn't see a spike, but it's not a good sign that stores now CAN carry the album and aren't. I mean, that's a major band with a major release on a major label.  Stores usually stock albums that fall under those categories.

Of course it's only the first day and I only checked one store, so who knows what will transpire.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »

I realize that.  I was just stating that I checked out a Target store today and there was no sign of Chinese Democracy. I realize the sales wouldn't see a spike, but it's not a good sign that stores now CAN carry the album and aren't. I mean, that's a major band with a major release on a major label.  Stores usually stock albums that fall under those categories.

Of course it's only the first day and I only checked one store, so who knows what will transpire.

The point I'm making is that Chinese is now a catalog release. So it's not something that they would order unless they had a reason to. For example, when MJ passed away, everyone stocked up on Bad, Thriller, Number Ones, etc. That's the status CD is in for order with these places.  If there were a reason to order it, they would. If a reason eventually happens, they will then.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2010, 06:15:57 PM »

The point I'm making is that Chinese is now a catalog release. So it's not something that they would order unless they had a reason to. For example, when MJ passed away, everyone stocked up on Bad, Thriller, Number Ones, etc. That's the status CD is in for order with these places.  If there were a reason to order it, they would. If a reason eventually happens, they will then.
I see what you're saying.  So in essence, even though the Best Buy exclusive is technically over, if other stores decide not to order copies of CD, all things stay the same.  Maybe they'll get some copies in if/when they tour the US?

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2010, 08:17:08 PM »

I see what you're saying.  So in essence, even though the Best Buy exclusive is technically over, if other stores decide not to order copies of CD, all things stay the same.  Maybe they'll get some copies in if/when they tour the US?

Exactly. Let's say the US tour starts around September as Frank hinted. If it's any sort of success or a single is released and get played alot, then places like Target, Wal-Mart, etc would probably order up copies and have them on hand on their regular stock.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: