Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:56:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  "Official" 2010 Winter Olympics thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Official" 2010 Winter Olympics thread  (Read 37649 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« on: February 13, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »

no interrest in this? it's one of the sport higlights of this year damn it!

late nights and early mornings for me since it's in vancouver but it's worth it, biathlon is is on now Smiley

lastly, guess youve all heard of the tragic death of Nodar Kumaritashvili, may his soul rest in peace and thoughts goes out to his family
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:00:47 PM by CheapJon » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »

gotta say, biathlon.. were they drunk when they came up with that sport Tongue let's go skiing and shoot at targets
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 05:12:41 PM »

gotta say, biathlon.. were they drunk when they came up with that sport Tongue let's go skiing and shoot at targets

Those skills came in handy during the Winter War between Finland and the Soviet Union....

I don't expect a Swede to understand though.  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 05:33:39 PM »

whats that game called when they slide some black object and you have people running with a broom?
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 05:37:02 PM »

meaning curling?

Those skills came in handy during the Winter War between Finland and the Soviet Union....

I don't expect a Swede to understand though.  rofl

/jarmo
still making it an olympic sport Tongue

i wouldn't understand, just like if i'd try to tell you how it feels when your country win an olympic gold medal in hockey Grin
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 05:42:56 PM »

whats that game called when they slide some black object and you have people running with a broom?

CURLING!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »

So does anyone else have issue with ruling that guys death ONLY on human error??

I mean ok he messed up, didnt recover in time.... But to smack a pole and die, and there is no problems with the track?!?!

Sure its a dangerous sport, but they need to protect these guys more than a steel pole
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 02:00:31 AM »

So does anyone else have issue with ruling that guys death ONLY on human error??

I mean ok he messed up, didnt recover in time.... But to smack a pole and die, and there is no problems with the track?!?!

Sure its a dangerous sport, but they need to protect these guys more than a steel pole

Yeah, I agree. What a bunch of losers. "Oh, let's go ahead as if nothing happened. He didn't 'compensate' enough"

Fuck 'Em All.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 02:56:48 AM »

How about talking about something a little more positive! Apolo Ohno. One more medal and he's the most decorated winter olympian in US history!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 11:30:56 AM »

one thing i like about the olympics is that all sports gets a lot more interresting, i don't think i'd ever sit and watch short track speed skating if it was the world cup but now with the olympics, it's pretty awesome
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 11:38:43 AM »

cant wait for the Hockey. Nothing is better than Olympic Hockey

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 10:09:54 AM »

cant wait for the Hockey. Nothing is better than Olympic Hockey

Agreed...Thank god Getzlaf will be playing...he looked amazing last night with 2 goals and 2 assists..Go Canada

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 10:09:11 PM »

Luongo gets call for Canada against Norway

In a bit of a surprise decision, Roberto Luongo will get the start in net for Canada's first game of the Olympic hockey tournament Tuesday against Norway.

Martin Brodeur will be in net for Thursday's game against Switzerland.

aTeam Canad head coach Mike Babcock confirmed the goaltender rotation following a spirited first practice as Canada Hockey Place.

"Marty has played a ton of hockey and this buys him some time," said Mike Babcock, who also admitted that he gave Luongo the opening start partially because Canada Place is the netminder's home rink with the Vancouver Canucks.

Canada also unveiled their tentative lines for the tournament with Sidney Crosby centering a top line featuring Rick Nash on one wing and Crosby's World Junior linemate Patrice Bergeron on the other.

While still far from 100% due to an ankle injury, Ryan Getzlaf was lined up with Ducks' teammate Corey Perry and Eric Staal on the second line. As predicted the Sharks' fearsome combo of Dany Heatley, Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau skated together on the third line while Mike Richards and Brendan Morrow rotated centering a fourth line with Jarome Iginla and Jonathan Toews on the wings.

Of course the Canadians were not the only team to hit the ice Monday as most of the top squads got practice time in before the tournament opens on Tuesday.

In a practice that was described as ?extremely up tempo' the Russian's also set up their temporary lines that appeared a little top-heavy.

The Russian's have an abundance of scoring options on the top two lines with Alexander Ovechkin and Alexander Semin flanking Pavel Datsyuk on the number one combo while Evgeni Malkin was centering Ilya Kovalchuk and Maxim Afinogenov on the second unit.

40-year old veteran Sergei Fedorov was skating on a line with Viktor Kozlov and Alexander Radulov while captain Aleksey Morozov centered a fourth line with Danis Zaripov and Sergei Zinoviev on the wings

On defence, Andrei Markov and youngster Ilya Nikulin were featured on the top pairing with Fedor Tyutin and Sergei Gonchar paired up on the second unit. Dmitri Kalinin and Anton Volchenkov will likely be deployed as Russia's shut-down tandem while Denis Grebeshkov and Konstantin Korneev will be the extra pairing.

Team USA also took the ice with a top line of Patrick Kane between Zach Parise and Paul Stastny. Joe Pavelski centered the second line with Phil Kessel on one side and Ryan Malone on the other. Ryan Kesler was flanked by Dustin Brown and captain Jamie Langenbrunner on the third line while Ryan Callahan and Bobby Ryan rotated in on a line with Chris Drury and David Backes. The defensive pairings were not immediately available.

I've gotta say the US team looks very very dangerous top to bottom

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 10:51:46 AM »

Sweden got our first medal (gold) of the olympics yesterday Smiley

and our second today, also gold  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:26:18 PM by CheapJon » Logged
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 07:25:37 PM »

Congratulations to Lindsey Vonn on winning the gold medal today in the downhill competition!  love

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 05:55:06 PM »

Norway got 2 gold medals, and one silver today... =)
Got one gold medal yesterday too. =)

ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 09:09:35 AM »

I'm very happy for Anja P?rson's sake, she would've won silver wednesday but lost balance and flew 60m meters(!), decided to ski again yesterday although she was bruised and got the bronze

Canada - Switzerland was a great game last night too (swizz goalie, holy fuck, never seen him play before), didn't see russia - slovakia though but read bout it, sweden vs belarus tonight, i fucking hope my friends want to see it but i think not
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 09:17:15 AM by CheapJon » Logged
Jester
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 09:19:01 AM »

Great work by Torah Bright, Gold for Australia,  Showing the world how it's done...    beer

drool

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26744440-5002332,00.html
Annie
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 09:03:49 PM »

Seeing Shaun White win the Olympic gold medal for snowboarding was so amazing! He makes me want to learn to snowboard. His clothes and height and playing air guitar remind me alot of Buckethead. Truth is, Shaun looks like a cross between Axl Rose and Buckethead with his flaming red hair, bandana, sparkling green eyes and undeniable charisma.
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 07:27:20 AM »

Teemu Sel?nne broke the Olympic record for career hockey points!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/vancouver/hockey/2010-02-20-selanne-scoring-record_N.htm

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: