Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:46:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  "Official" 2010 Winter Olympics thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Official" 2010 Winter Olympics thread  (Read 37278 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2010, 08:59:50 PM »

Good to see Ryan Miller show up to the closing ceremony to enjoy the celebration of these games and what we accomplished. You could tell how awful he felt after letting Crosby score.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2010, 09:37:15 PM »

My god why do they keep making out Crosby to be so good. 21'st century version of Gretzky? What an insult to the greatest ever. He's not even close to the level of Gretzky.

Its all the media man...hes never said that and no one will ever be as great as Gretzky and its a different game...hes a helluva hockey player though

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2010, 09:41:27 PM »

My god why do they keep making out Crosby to be so good. 21'st century version of Gretzky? What an insult to the greatest ever. He's not even close to the level of Gretzky.

Its all the media man...hes never said that and no one will ever be as great as Gretzky and its a different game...hes a helluva hockey player though

I know and its the american media too. Bob Costas and Al Michaels. What do these two idiots know about hockey? I know he personally has never said that. He'd look like an even bigger ass to even his own country if he did. rant
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2010, 11:05:45 PM »

Its called trying to sell the NHL to an uninterested fanbase

same reason they hype up Lebron as the next Jordan

its all marketing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2010, 12:06:37 AM »

I wouldn't say uninterested. 16 million people watched first USA/Canada game in the prelims. I still don't think Crosby is all he's made out to be. He's good but anointing him the new king of hockey. Our generations Gretzky is ridiculous. Gretzky would've wiped the ice with that wuss.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2010, 12:10:29 AM »

Is it just me or do all these bands on the closing ceremonies suck something awful? My god is this what music today has come to? The only one i liked was Alanis.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2010, 03:51:08 AM »

Ahhhh my fellow Americans who thought I was crazy for saying Canada would win.

You're all a bunch of jingoists. 
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2010, 06:22:53 AM »

Screw Cindy "crybsby" Crosby. What a wussy of a player he is. It makes me sick he scored the winner. We all know he'd be crying about something right now if Canada lost.

I'm no Crosby fan either but they had to win or the entire country would kill them. Losing at hockey is not an option for team Canada and they knew it.

Agreed. What a bullshit interview with Crosby. Disrespectful jerk. Tougher then expected? Never panicked? Bullshit. And the commentary about Crosby saying something similar to what Miller said had Canada lost? Yeah right. He would've been complaining about something. Team USA earned respect in this tournament and that little twit still isn't giving us any.

Well, there's American sportsmanship for you.  Glad to see that the American players showed more class than its fans.  At the same time, keep in mind the US is lucky to have been where they were.  They didn't have to play Russia, Sweden, the Czechs or the Slovaks.  The only "good" team they had to play was Canada.  They weren't expected to win a medal this year so be fortunate that you guys walked away with the silver.  And really, without Miller this team wouldn't have even made it to the medal rounds.

At the end of the day, like him or not, Crosby scored when it mattered.

Canada, once again, proved itself as the greatest hockey nation on the planet.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2010, 06:25:50 AM »

Hey genius, even Gretzky himself crowned Crosby as his heir apparent.  If you want to spew ignorance, go right ahead.  But you're probably better off knowing what you're talking about to save face.

Face the fact that Canada won when it mattered, like it always does when playing the US.

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2010, 09:08:31 AM »

Is it just me or do all these bands on the closing ceremonies suck something awful? My god is this what music today has come to? The only one i liked was Alanis.

The only artist I thought was great was Neil Young, he sang long before all the other bands and stuff and was awesome.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2010, 09:18:08 AM »

Congrats to Canada for the Win last night...  Undecided

Crosby remains a Miller Killer, and that really hurts coming from not only this USA fan, but this Sabres fan...

This one stung just like the Winter Classic, especially sitting outside in that atmosphere...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2010, 09:49:22 AM »

Hey genius, even Gretzky himself crowned Crosby as his heir apparent.  If you want to spew ignorance, go right ahead.  But you're probably better off knowing what you're talking about to save face.

Face the fact that Canada won when it mattered, like it always does when playing the US.
Didn't the US beat Canada in the World Juniors this year?  Guess that doesn't matter though.  Maybe the US is closing the gap on Canada and that's a little tough for some of you to take?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2010, 12:29:51 PM »

Screw Cindy "crybsby" Crosby. What a wussy of a player he is. It makes me sick he scored the winner. We all know he'd be crying about something right now if Canada lost.

I'm no Crosby fan either but they had to win or the entire country would kill them. Losing at hockey is not an option for team Canada and they knew it.

Agreed. What a bullshit interview with Crosby. Disrespectful jerk. Tougher then expected? Never panicked? Bullshit. And the commentary about Crosby saying something similar to what Miller said had Canada lost? Yeah right. He would've been complaining about something. Team USA earned respect in this tournament and that little twit still isn't giving us any.

Well, there's American sportsmanship for you.  Glad to see that the American players showed more class than its fans.  At the same time, keep in mind the US is lucky to have been where they were.  They didn't have to play Russia, Sweden, the Czechs or the Slovaks.  The only "good" team they had to play was Canada.  They weren't expected to win a medal this year so be fortunate that you guys walked away with the silver.  And really, without Miller this team wouldn't have even made it to the medal rounds.

Cheers,

Andrew

Crosby is the greatest hockey player. and he deserves to be mentioned with Gretzky. he's scored a ton of clutch goals in his young career. he's already won 1 cup. Gretzky won 4 but he played on an all-star team.

of course canada is the greatest hockey nation on the planet. nothing that happened in yesterday's game would have changed that.

but i do find it funny that you are so quick to disrespect the USA team, in the same breath as criticizing others for their poor sportmanship. why the double standard?

being a fan of hockey, i wish i could see these 2 teams play again and again. and i'm sure the results would be about 50-50, because they are two very well- matched teams.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2010, 03:26:45 PM »

keep in mind the US is lucky to have been where they were.  They didn't have to play Russia, Sweden, the Czechs or the Slovaks.  The only "good" team they had to play was Canada.

Er... I admit Finland didn't play that well in this tournament... but if you're saying they aren't a good team... but the Czechs and Slovaks are... I'd like to remind you that Finland did win both of them Smiley

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2010, 03:38:43 PM »

keep in mind the US is lucky to have been where they were.  They didn't have to play Russia, Sweden, the Czechs or the Slovaks.  The only "good" team they had to play was Canada.

Er... I admit Finland didn't play that well in this tournament... but if you're saying they aren't a good team... but the Czechs and Slovaks are... I'd like to remind you that Finland did win both of them Smiley
dat dawgz gotz 2 have forgotten all about the finlendz, sayin finland's nt a good team wd be'z reedickQluzz!
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2010, 04:14:34 PM »

Kiprusoff is a one-season wonder.  He got his Vezina, he's set to go back into anonymity.  Guy is the most overrated goalie in the NHL and has a huge ego along with it.  Should have taken Toskala over him.

All the Crosby haters can suck on that one for a while.  Gold medal and a Stanley Cup within a year.

Have Americans become as whiny as Russians?  I've heard fans question officiating in the final because they had 3 Canadians and a Finn in the stripes, say that Canada should be "really proud" because they "invented" the sport and "barely" won, say that based on the 5-3 win and a 3-2 loss that they're still better because of a better overall goal differential, and that Canada can't be so great if their players all come to play in the USA.  Wow... just wow.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2010, 04:35:57 PM »

Cheers,

Andrew

Crosby is the greatest hockey player. and he deserves to be mentioned with Gretzky. he's scored a ton of clutch goals in his young career. he's already won 1 cup. Gretzky won 4 but he played on an all-star team.

of course canada is the greatest hockey nation on the planet. nothing that happened in yesterday's game would have changed that.

but i do find it funny that you are so quick to disrespect the USA team, in the same breath as criticizing others for their poor sportmanship. why the double standard?

being a fan of hockey, i wish i could see these 2 teams play again and again. and i'm sure the results would be about 50-50, because they are two very well- matched teams.

At least no one on Team USA disrespected Canada immediately after the game. Crosby saying the game was tougher then expected is a real slap in the face. Did he expect us to just lay down and hand them the gold medal? They won by the skin of their teeth. Both teams were great neither deserved to lose and both deserved respect. Miller gave props to Canada and Crosby didn't to USA. The Canadian fans seem to think that's ok since their king scored the winner.

Looking to the future, if the NHL doesn't let these guys participate in Sochi they are insane! If we keep this young team together for the Sochi games watch out. The few older guys like Rafalski might not be back but most of the guys on that team were under 25. They will be hitting their primes come Sochi. It should be fun to watch. This was the most exciting hockey tournament i have ever seen so many great teams.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2010, 08:29:02 PM »

The NHL needs to let them play.  If they don't, you might see one of two things:

1: Ovechkin (and others) says, well too bad, I'm leaving and playing there anyway, leaving their NHL team high and dry for two weeks, or

2: Ovechkin (and others) bolts to a place like the KHL, SEL, DEL, SM-Liiga, etc. for a year, leaving the NHL as a whole high and dry.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2010, 08:45:11 PM »

I agree they need to let them play. Its just too exciting not too. I'm not sure if the players would just be allowed to bolt and go play for their countries. I would think their contracts would prevent such a thing. I think in the end the nhl clubs will again allow their players to particpate. It would be so sad if they didn't continue letting them. The reason they are still up in the air about it is the time difference. With it games would not be played in prime time in the US and Canada like they were in Vancouver.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2010, 04:01:48 AM »

I was just wondering how easily Finland got the bronze.. we won two weaker teams and lost to Sweden 3-0, but still we got the place in the quarters. Then we won the Czechs mostly because Kipper had a good night and we managed to score one goal in the third period (and one empy net one).. then USA beat the hell out of us. So Finland was in the top-4, but we had only won one good team (with mostly luck). Okay, this is a game and so on, but I'm just wondering if the system could be any better.. I think Finland got very lucky in this tournament and didn't deserve the medal as much as say Slovakia would have. Of course I'm happy with our team, but it's just pretty lame to think like "okay we won the Czechs and then Slovakia in the bronze game, and that's all it took". We got the easy way, we didn't have to play agains't Canada, Russia or Sweden in the quarters or didn't have to qualificate at all. We were lucky to win the Czechs and I think we won the Slovaks because of the experience we had in the team.. we were really close to loose that game too. But hey, it really is a game and luck is always there.. I'm not just too proud of our "achievement", I think the Slovaks should be really proud of their team and what they did in this tournament.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: