Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:56:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  "Official" 2010 Winter Olympics thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Official" 2010 Winter Olympics thread  (Read 37841 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 10:47:10 PM »

Thank god Canadas got this game over Russia..I thought theyd give them alot harder time...Canada seems to have got there line combinations worked out and feeling more combfurtable

One more win for Canada and  the US and the olympics get the dream matchup they want. Hopefully just as exciting as the first matchup if it happens.
the dream match-up is as always Sweden - Finland Grin
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 10:53:07 PM »

Thank god Canadas got this game over Russia..I thought theyd give them alot harder time...Canada seems to have got there line combinations worked out and feeling more combfurtable

One more win for Canada and  the US and the olympics get the dream matchup they want. Hopefully just as exciting as the first matchup if it happens.

Haha gotta get past the czechs first tonight.
ker0
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2010, 12:44:06 AM »

Been there done that. Finland won 2-0
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2010, 01:10:40 AM »

Yeah! Woke up at 5am to watch the game. I really miss J. Jokinen, scoring is just too hard for this team and JJ would have been great in just that. Luckily we have a great goalie so some of our defenders didn't look that bad today.. as they did against Sweden.

PS. Slovakia just scored 0-2 Grin

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2010, 01:27:31 AM »

Yeah! Woke up at 5am to watch the game. I really miss J. Jokinen, scoring is just too hard for this team and JJ would have been great in just that. Luckily we have a great goalie so some of our defenders didn't look that bad today.. as they did against Sweden.

PS. Slovakia just scored 0-2 Grin

They'll have to play great against USA. They shoot relentlessly. I think that had almost 50 shots against Switzerland. It should be a good game.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2010, 02:16:48 AM »

Sweden's out! beer

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2010, 02:35:44 AM »

Sweden's out! beer
unfortuneatly, but i understand your excitement, you fins have a bigger chance winning the gold now  Wink People often forget Finland when they're talking about the finest medal, this year it was all about Canada vs. Russia, Sid vs. Ovie (at least in Sweden). I'd be happy if Sel?nne would win the gold since he's one of my favorite players

USA have a good team that have surprised me a lot, don't really knew of their younger players before the olympics but they're fun to watch, great goalie too!

Canada finally showed their A-game, not much to say

4 great teams left and the best team will win
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2010, 03:05:08 AM »

I may sound insane for saying this but i want Canada in the finals. I want the chance to beat them again. USA's young team has really been fun to watch. I agree. When they play the way they are capable they will be tough to beat.

I am shocked Sweden is out. Lundqvist did not bring his A game tonight. Being a Ranger fan i see him a lot and he rarely has games where he allows more then 3 goals.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2010, 05:51:06 AM »

Sweden's out! beer
unfortuneatly, but i understand your excitement, you fins have a bigger chance winning the gold now  Wink People often forget Finland when they're talking about the finest medal, this year it was all about Canada vs. Russia, Sid vs. Ovie (at least in Sweden). I'd be happy if Sel?nne would win the gold since he's one of my favorite players

USA have a good team that have surprised me a lot, don't really knew of their younger players before the olympics but they're fun to watch, great goalie too!

Canada finally showed their A-game, not much to say

4 great teams left and the best team will win

USA has a good team, but I'm pretty glad we're not playing against Canada at this point. Out of the best teams (Canada, Russia, Sweden, USA) I think USA is the best choice to play against.. for Finland at least hihi

Russia sucked against Canada, and even though Canada did play a fantastic game, I don't think this means Canadas victory from Slovakia. If Canadians have the wrong attitude and they think it will be an easy game, it's a big mistake which opens every door for the Slovaks who are hungry and who have already shown what they're capable of.

So I think everything's possible now..

BEEP.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2010, 06:50:32 AM »

Oaaaah, can't wait for tonight's big game!

It's going to be great, two best goalies of the tournament and the young USA against the older Finland. The biggest problem with Finland is powerplay, whether it's 5v4 or 5v3 doesn't even matter.. they just need to score more or they'll be in trouble tonight. And one big difference between these two teams is that USA shoots more even when the spot isn't all that perfect, whereas Finland moves the puck to "a better spot" searching for the best opportunity to shoot.. and when they finally do shoot, the puck hits the closest defender and the situation is over. You can't score if you don't even try to.

I think we're going to see some major hits and unfortunately some over-the-top-shit too. Maybe we'll finally see J. Ruutu provoke the other side and getting some of them (Backes? Malone?) pissed off.. Ruutu has been great in this tournament so far, but maybe we'll need this other side of him tonight.

Luckily Kukkonen is the 7th defender tonight and Pitk?nen comes back.

BEEP.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »

Fuck this shit, forget everything I wrote earlier Grin 6-0 after 17min what the fuck!

BEEP.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2010, 03:43:54 PM »

peace peace peace peace peace ok ok ok ok ok
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2010, 03:49:13 PM »

Finland is biting the big one.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2010, 03:54:08 PM »

But it's not because USA is that good, it's because Finland is just so fucking bad hihi

BEEP.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2010, 04:15:26 PM »

It doesn't change the fact that Finland is getting their shit pushed in by a bunch of Americans who don't even care about hockey.  We can't even find Finland on a map.

But still, Canada is going to embarrass the United States in the gold medal round, so this win today is my personal gold medal.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »

But it's not because USA is that good, it's because Finland is just so fucking bad hihi

yea we're undefeated because finland sucks   Tongue
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2010, 04:28:21 PM »

yea we're undefeated because finland sucks   Tongue

No, I'm not saying that USA sucks.. that comment was meant to be a joke really. USA is the best team in this tournament in my opinion. But yeah, the first goal was the turning point of the game and it had nothing to do with the greatness of the young Americans.. Kipper lost his confidence after that and there was couple more easy goals. USA used the chance Finland gave them. We had this game under control before the big mistake, but.. yeah.

Here's to USA's victory in the final  beer

BEEP.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2010, 04:55:58 PM »

It doesn't change the fact that Finland is getting their shit pushed in by a bunch of Americans who don't even care about hockey.  We can't even find Finland on a map.

But still, Canada is going to embarrass the United States in the gold medal round, so this win today is my personal gold medal.

Like they did in the prelinary round? Oops wait..
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »

Damn that game was some kind of epic fail  no Everyone's facebook statuses were hilarious though  hihi

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2010, 05:58:51 PM »

Yeah i sure wasn't expecting a 6-1 demolishing of Finland.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: