Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  "Official" 2010 Winter Olympics thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Official" 2010 Winter Olympics thread  (Read 37810 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2010, 06:02:33 PM »

Yeah i sure wasn't expecting a 6-1 demolishing of Finland.

Was anyone really expecting Canada to destroy Russia the other night like they did either? This whole tournament so far has gone in some strange directions, especially Slovakia beating Sweden. No way did I see that one turning out the way it did in a million years.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2010, 06:50:06 PM »

Was anyone really expecting Canada to destroy Russia the other night like they did either? This whole tournament so far has gone in some strange directions, especially Slovakia beating Sweden. No way did I see that one turning out the way it did in a million years.

Definitely agree. I didn't see Canada's destruction of Russia coming. I thought Russia would give them a fight. The Sweden Slovakia game shocked me especially with Lundqvist in net. Its rare he plays so bad. If Canada gets by Slovakia tonight it should be a great gold medal game. Canada will not wipe the ice with USA like they did Russia. USA is just playing too good with a hot goaltender who hasn't surrendered a goal in almost 6 periods.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2010, 07:02:46 PM »

Definitely agree. I didn't see Canada's destruction of Russia coming. I thought Russia would give them a fight. The Sweden Slovakia game shocked me especially with Lundqvist in net. Its rare he plays so bad. If Canada gets by Slovakia tonight it should be a great gold medal game. Canada will not wipe the ice with USA like they did Russia. USA is just playing too good with a hot goaltender who hasn't surrendered a goal in almost 6 periods.

If Luongo is in goal for Canada against the US it's going to be a very interesting game.

I still have no idea why they kept Brodeur in net the other night when he was clearly not playing the way he should have been and obviously he hasn't been back in net since. I hope the ladies win last night has given the men just a little bit more fire to get them through the next couple of days!

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2010, 07:56:38 PM »

If Luongo is in goal for Canada against the US it's going to be a very interesting game.

I still have no idea why they kept Brodeur in net the other night when he was clearly not playing the way he should have been and obviously he hasn't been back in net since. I hope the ladies win last night has given the men just a little bit more fire to get them through the next couple of days!

Exactly what i'm hoping for. I want a good interesting game. Assuming Canada wins tonight which i'm thinking they will. It will be the two best for the gold. The way it should and may the best team win. Of course i hope that's USA.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2010, 08:07:07 PM »

Why not? Kiprusoff continues to be unable to stop even a beach ball.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2010, 03:54:56 AM »

Why not? Kiprusoff continues to be unable to stop even a beach ball.

You clearly haven't seen his games. Or then you only remember the bad games.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Annie
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »

I have really enjoyed this year's Winter Olympics, but I am so annoyed that Apollo was disqualified last night. The Canadian guy who won gold should have been disqualified and not Apollo. I hope the Koreans protest. There was blatant favortism and injustice there. rant
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2010, 01:01:52 PM »

Here's a better thread for this....

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59031.msg1237855;boardseen#new

ok
Annie
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »

My bad. I was just so upset. Feel free to move this mods.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2010, 04:05:16 PM »

I have really enjoyed this year's Winter Olympics, but I am so annoyed that Apollo was disqualified last night. The Canadian guy who won gold should have been disqualified and not Apollo. I hope the Koreans protest. There was blatant favortism and injustice there. rant

Did you really look closely to what happened? Apollo pushed the Canadian that was in 3rd place causing him to crash. No one touched Apollo so I'm not sure why you are saying he was robbed and besides even if he wasn't DQ'd he still would not have won as he was in 2nd place when he crossed the line.
Annie
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2010, 07:18:20 PM »

Did you really look closely to what happened? Apollo pushed the Canadian that was in 3rd place causing him to crash. No one touched Apollo so I'm not sure why you are saying he was robbed and besides even if he wasn't DQ'd he still would not have won as he was in 2nd place when he crossed the line.
I watched several slow mo replays. He barely touched that guy. He was just trying to protect himself, not push the guy. I think the Canadian guy pushed the Korean guy.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2010, 07:42:21 PM »

I watched several slow mo replays. He barely touched that guy. He was just trying to protect himself, not push the guy. I think the Canadian guy pushed the Korean guy.

Neither of the Canadians touched any of the other guys at all, I don't know where you can say they did. The fact is Apollo pushed the 3rd place Canadian, even if it wasn't a big push it was still enough to cause the Canadian to go down thus DQing Apollo.
Annie
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2010, 07:46:03 PM »

Neither of the Canadians touched any of the other guys at all, I don't know where you can say they did. The fact is Apollo pushed the 3rd place Canadian, even if it wasn't a big push it was still enough to cause the Canadian to go down thus DQing Apollo.
In watching the replays. Apollo was gracious about the DQ but I don't think he deserved it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2010, 08:41:47 PM »

In watching the replays. Apollo was gracious about the DQ but I don't think he deserved it.

Well I'm not so sure about him being gracious either lol. I have seen quite a few comments attributed to him since yesterday saying he was DQ'd because the judge was Canadian and it was Canadians in the race. That to me is being a sore loser, he made a mistake and lost so he should man up to it.
Annie
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2010, 10:52:38 PM »

Well I'm not so sure about him being gracious either lol. I have seen quite a few comments attributed to him since yesterday saying he was DQ'd because the judge was Canadian and it was Canadians in the race. That to me is being a sore loser, he made a mistake and lost so he should man up to it.
Can I ask you a question. Are you a Canadian? hihi
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2010, 11:22:24 PM »

Ridn' the Night Train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bottom's up!   beer  beer  beer  beer
Fuckin' awesome bobsleddin'!  Go Team GNR!   Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2010, 12:57:07 AM »

I'm sorry but Ohno has a legit gripe. Hamelin CLEARLY pushes the Korean. If Ohno got DQ'd cause he touched a guy that went down then so should the other guy. He may have been going down on his own but Ohno just had his hand on Trombley he didn't push him. So you gotta be fair. If your gonna dq one guy for touching a guy that went down you should dq a guy that pushed another.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2010, 08:23:16 AM »

We got the bronze in hockey wwhuuu.. I'm actually pretty sad that Slovakia didn't get anything.. they should have, even though the third period was pretty great from Finland. But Slovakia played well throughout the tournament and it would have been great to see some of their older players celebrating an olympic medal.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2010, 09:15:13 AM »

I'm sorry but Ohno has a legit gripe. Hamelin CLEARLY pushes the Korean. If Ohno got DQ'd cause he touched a guy that went down then so should the other guy. He may have been going down on his own but Ohno just had his hand on Trombley he didn't push him. So you gotta be fair. If your gonna dq one guy for touching a guy that went down you should dq a guy that pushed another.

You must have been watching someone different than me then. All the video I've seen Hamelin put his hand up but did not touch Bak at all.
Annie
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2010, 10:16:21 AM »

You must have been watching someone different than me then. All the video I've seen Hamelin put his hand up but did not touch Bak at all.
It depends on which angle they show you. It's hard to see from the original race. It's when they show the replays from all angles. But Apollo barely touched that guy. Your profile shows that you are Canadian. hihi I'm a proud Apolloite. hihi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: