Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:03:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 138584 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #740 on: February 05, 2011, 11:14:04 AM »

If Roethlisberger wins ring number 3 tomorrow, will he also win the right to be said in the same breath as Brady?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #741 on: February 05, 2011, 12:10:11 PM »

If Roethlisberger wins ring number 3 tomorrow, will he also win the right to be said in the same breath as Brady?
It probably depends on how he plays.  He played one of the worst games in the history of the Super Bowl the first time they won.  His last one was much better, but Santonio Holmes won the MVP.  Brady won the award 2 out of the 3 times, Deion Branch the other.  So if Ben were to go out there, have a big game, and win the MVP I think he could enter that territory.  The Steelers as a team however, may have passed the Patriots as the most consistenly dominant team in the NFL today even if they lose tomorrow, but especially if they win.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #742 on: February 05, 2011, 01:05:46 PM »

It probably depends on how he plays.  He played one of the worst games in the history of the Super Bowl the first time they won.  His last one was much better, but Santonio Holmes won the MVP.  Brady won the award 2 out of the 3 times, Deion Branch the other.  So if Ben were to go out there, have a big game, and win the MVP I think he could enter that territory.  The Steelers as a team however, may have passed the Patriots as the most consistenly dominant team in the NFL today even if they lose tomorrow, but especially if they win.

Personally, I think Big Ben will always be a step behind Tom Brady...and that's regardless of winning or losing tomorrow.
I'm sticking with Brady as the greatest quarterback of our era regardless of ring #.  Personally, he's my all-time #1.
Aikman's got 3 rings and he can't touch Dan Marino who has no rings. 
Rings aint everything.
Staubach>Bradshaw for instance.

btw, all the Super Bowl reminiscing is awesome on ESPN.  Listening to Bruschi makes me feel great.  When they came out of the tunnel being announced AS A TEAM! that second, I knew who I was rooting for.  Smiley
I'll also remember Bruschi out on the field play-wrestling with his kids.  Very cool stuff...like a lion playing with his cubs.  Smiley

btw, the details on Mark Sanchez and his bangin' the 17 year old are coming out Tuesday.
Same website that broke the Favre-Sterger nonsense.  Deadspin.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #743 on: February 05, 2011, 11:10:51 PM »

btw, the details on Mark Sanchez and his bangin' the 17 year old are coming out Tuesday.

Sanchez himself is only like 23 or 24, right? I don't see anything wrong with that. 17 is the age of consent in New York, too, so he shouldn't be in any kind of legal trouble.

Here Today . . .
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #744 on: February 06, 2011, 08:42:43 AM »

Packers foo shooo..This is there trophy

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #745 on: February 06, 2011, 09:25:45 AM »

cant understand why everyone is on the Packer hype train. they barely made the playoffs! they beat Philly which was a good win but Philly's D was decimated with injuries, beat an overrated Falcons and Bear teams.

Steelers won a tough division, 2nd seed, beat Ravens and jets to reach SB, much tougher opponents than anything GB beat.

GB will not be able to run the ball, Rodgers will be under fire all game. Just look how terrible Rodgers played 2nd half against Bears after being hammered on.

Steelers have better running game, better defense, tougher, more experienced.. Big Ben is clutch, Rodgers chokes in big moments. see Arizona game last year when he fumbled  game away  this year when he fumbled and let Philly back in game, Chicago he threw what shoulda been a game changing pick 6 to Urlacher.

Rodgers chokes in big moments

Steelers win this, and i am so shocked they are underdogs, i'd almost come out of retirement and lay real cash on Pittsburgh. this is the easiest money ever to make. bookies might as well let u print your own money.

Steelers win 24-14

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #746 on: February 06, 2011, 03:24:12 PM »

31-20 Green Bay.

Steelers are too hurt in the O-Line to slow down the Green Bay pass rush, which will will cause Ben to rush and make mistakes. On the other side Green Bay will be able to spread out the Steelers D and take advantage of their weak and over agressive secondary.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #747 on: February 06, 2011, 10:27:48 PM »

The Axl4Prez jinx LIVES!!!   rofl

Betting against my pix throughout the year would make ya'll wealthy men!   yes

D, I'm glad you're outta the betting world...I'm glad I never entered! 
 peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #748 on: February 07, 2011, 11:30:47 AM »

The Axl4Prez jinx LIVES!!!   rofl

Betting against my pix throughout the year would make ya'll wealthy men!   yes

D, I'm glad you're outta the betting world...I'm glad I never entered! 
 peace

I hope you've never been asked to be a best man; that marriage would be destined for divorce hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
sandman
Legend

« Reply #749 on: February 07, 2011, 12:31:27 PM »

i am friends with AJ at deadspin. it's gonna be interesting.

pack played a strong game yesterday. Rogers needs to be moved up those QB rankings. he played real well throughout the playoffs. and he makes very few mistakes.

in the last 5+ years, it seems like the NFL and MLB have really become leagues where the hot team seems to win it all, not necessarily the best team. it's far less predictable than the 80's and 90's and wild card teams and underdogs (heading into the playoffs) win regularly now. it's really great for both sports. not sure what the cause is in MLB, but the NFL with the salary cap has that high level of parity they had hoped for.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #750 on: February 07, 2011, 01:52:55 PM »

well i wasn't too off. Sure i missed the pick, but Pittsburgh made a fantastic comeback. if Mendenhaal doesn't fumble, who knows?

what surface is Cowboy stadium? So many injuries and the NFL wanna go to 18 games. idiots

i will say, i am an Aaron Rodgers believer now. he truly changed my opinion.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #751 on: February 07, 2011, 05:38:22 PM »

Yes D, the Mendenhall fumble was the nail in the coffin...
but before that, I believe a huge momentum shift occurred due to a BIG Tomlin mistake.  Suisham wasn't hitting extra points or chip shots straight through, basically he looked bad...so why, down 21-17 do they go for a 52 yard field goal?  Punting the ball and pinning the Packers deep in their own territory, maybe even inside the 5, with the Steelers D playing well as of late at that point, would have been the best decision.  Giving Aaron Rodgers the ball on his own 42 instead of possibly his own 5 or 10 was a huge deal for the Packers.
Tomlin's a classy guy and a great coach...but that 52 yard field goal decision was poor in my opinion...not to mention Susiham hadn't kicked one that long all season.

Hey someone call Slash, I lent him my "Be-Dazzler" a while back and I'd like it back.  ...and D's 100% correct on the BlackEyed Peas nonsense. Ugh.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #752 on: February 07, 2011, 10:35:24 PM »

Yeah that was a bad decision to go for that FG.  Didn't understand it at the time either.  I just think that the matchup favored the Packers.  The Steelers are a good defensive team, great against the run.  But their secondary is not that great and teams that can pass the ball can have success against them.  You saw that last night.  The Steelers beat 2 running teams on their way to the Super Bowl in the Ravens and Jets.  The Packers are a much superior offensive team than those two combined.  That's why Green Bay was favored, and that's why they won.  And yes, as in years past, they were the hottest team down the stretch.  I remember being at the Pats/Packers game and watching the Pats struggle mightily against Matt Flynn and the Pack.  I thought at that point, they could be a dangerous team if they made the playoffs.  And I think if the Pats had beaten the Jets, they would've beaten the Steelers because they always seem to, but they would've lost to the Packers.  I just don't think any team was beating them the way they were playing.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #753 on: February 07, 2011, 10:54:20 PM »

well i wasn't too off.
No offense D, but you were WAY off.  The only think you nearly got right was the amount of points the Steelers scored.

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #754 on: June 03, 2011, 05:23:17 PM »

wow its dead in here..of course the NFL world is currently belly-up at the moment. Anybody wanna play "2011 Division Winners"??...anybody?

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #755 on: June 04, 2011, 03:25:36 PM »

wow its dead in here..of course the NFL world is currently belly-up at the moment. Anybody wanna play "2011 Division Winners"??...anybody?

Coop
It's tough to say right now, without free agency taking place and all.  I mean, you know some teams are destined to be good again, but player movement could shake things up a bit.  IF, and when there is a season that is.  I've already paid for my Patriots season tickets next year, so I patiently await.  Or I get a check from Bob Kraft for each game I miss out on.  While the extra money would be nice, I hope that doesn't happen.

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #756 on: June 04, 2011, 05:05:23 PM »

It's tough to say right now, without free agency taking place and all.  I mean, you know some teams are destined to be good again, but player movement could shake things up a bit.  IF, and when there is a season that is.  I've already paid for my Patriots season tickets next year, so I patiently await.  Or I get a check from Bob Kraft for each game I miss out on.  While the extra money would be nice, I hope that doesn't happen.

There will be football this season...and i'm sure your Pats will have another good one

2012 is like Christmas!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #757 on: June 04, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »

There will be football this season...and i'm sure your Pats will have another good one
I'm hoping so.  They've done nothing to address their anemic pass rush from last season.  Their draft was a bit strange as they focused on improving the offense and secondary.  I like what they did, but I still think their pass rush is severely lacking.  And that's something you need to be successful.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #758 on: June 06, 2011, 11:45:55 AM »

Pretty sure there will be basic resolution to the lockout in the next 72 hours.

Unless something radical changes...which, of course, is always possible.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #759 on: June 07, 2011, 12:28:15 PM »

the lockout will be in place for at least another month..if not much longer

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »